CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Scattershot -> Shotgun change is a "nerf" because of reduced ammo, guys.

I'm more interested in the Song of Peace introduction, which is a tacit admission from 343 that the base Suppressor sucks dick.

... couldn't they just reduce the ammo on the scatter and leave us with cool Rig bounce shots?

• Upvote (+1) 2

... couldn't they just reduce the ammo on the scatter and leave us with cool Rig bounce shots?

They could.  But that would make sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Arena refresh doesn't specifically mean HCS maps, guys.

Some of these are just being tested for MM.

And it is just a test right? Hopefully they'll take feedback. We had dual binary rifles on Coliseum for the summer preview playlist right?

Riptide is the worst map I have ever played on

Change some of the weapons and I think it's a decent map. Remove the h2br, storm rifles, and replace the beam rifle with a sniper and it's a map

• Downvote (-1) 2

Scattershot -> Shotgun change is a "nerf" because of reduced ammo, guys.

I'm more interested in the Song of Peace introduction, which is a tacit admission from 343 that the base Suppressor sucks dick.

I miss the Needler. It's been in comp Halo since H2. It's a staple yet its not on any maps while the Boltshot is. I've seen the boltshot used all of one times. 

And it is just a test right? Hopefully they'll take feedback. We had dual binary rifles on Coliseum for the summer preview playlist right?

I'm still not convinced that wasn't just a distraction to get people to stop complaining about radar and autos.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can the pros stop fucking around and tell 343 to dump radar, automatics, high bullet magnetism etc now? I'd say 120% speed in place of sprint as well but that is probably too much to ask.

Clearly 343 doesn't even care about the meta to make all these dumb changes. Why not go all out and get what we actually want?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whose idea was it to reintroduce Overgrowth and Riptide back in when there are clearly worse problems with those maps than strongholds placements/weapon placements?

When will they actually listen to the community and give us what we actually want?

WE WANT ORION V.2 AND WE WANT IT NOW

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sniper replacing the rail on Rig SH could be interesting

But other then that, all they did was switch around nades and automatics.

Can the pros stop fucking around and tell 343 to dump radar, automatics, high bullet magnetism etc now? I'd say 120% speed in place of sprint as well but that is probably too much to ask.

Clearly 343 doesn't even care about the meta to make all these dumb changes. Why not go all out and get what we actually want?

Maybe the pros don't want those changes. You ask pros which changes they want and most would probably not want any. That or no radar.

The sniper replacing the rail on Rig SH could be interesting

But other then that, all they did was switch around nades and automatics.

And add the worst maps back into rotation.

How long is this going to be in the playlist? sorry if that information is out there somewhere

honestly what they need to do is make a separate test playlist because i don't even want to play arena right now if these are the settings.  If they make a playlist, add some sort of req reward.  Like every 2 wins you get a gold pack, so people test the game types and actually try to win

• Upvote (+1) 2

idk if you guys notice but arguing for no radar is probably at the bottom of the list when we go through testing these new settings

How hard of a change is no radar for them to make though? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How hard of a change is no radar for them to make though? 

Come on we're still trying to make Riptide and Overgrowth work while debating splinter nade placement. Don't get too ahead of yourself

• Upvote (+1) 4

And add the worst maps back into rotation.

Yea well, this game has terrible maps to begin with. Thought this was something we just dealt with like AR starts and radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just gonna let this play out, everyone was outraged over the settings last time (even after all the revisions) and we all got used to them and no one seemed to have any real issues. Personally as a spectator I want to see something fresh, but I also don't want the settings to be trash for the sake of being different. I think the best change they could make is adding a new gametype like Oddball or Extraction, but that looks unlikely.

• Upvote (+1) 3