CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Welcome to hell

HCS Fall season is about to start and 343 brings up new gametypes to fuck over the meta  :bman:

How do you feel?

Well, scrims should start to get interesting. @@LethuL is this a gamechanger?

If these settings are in customs, the breakout playlist is gonna mean more than anything

• Upvote (+1) 1

If these settings are in customs, the breakout playlist is gonna mean more than anything

Frosty is the problem. :simms: 

Thankfully the last time they did this arena testing we didn't end up with most of the random crap they added in.. 

Did any of the pros at the summit not tell them how shit their ideas were or did they just not listen?

No if these were confirmed I wouldn't play this season and I would go on a vacation

When I read the update I thought this is what you guys agreed on. I am glad to see I was wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

With Forge coming to Windows 10 I hope half the maps in current rotation are removed and actual good maps are used for Worlds 2017.

Don't see what the point in having a forge if they aren't going to use it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like there's no way in hell Overgrowth or Riptide are going to be in the rotation for HCS. Those maps are legitimately garbage, it's not just a circlejerk. I'm sure the pros let them know this, I mean they are the ones who have to play these maps for a living...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who saw that scattershot play from the recent tourney? Maybe it was EU finals? I cant remember...

Anyways, who saw that amazing creative play on Rig with the scattershot and thought: "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen... let's remove the gun from that map and add a shotgun which basically fills the same niche but doesn't add anything cool even though we already have it on Eden!"

What bugs me is them saying that scatter was OP so they changed it to a shotty. Umm have they ever used the shotgun before? It's easier and stronger than scatter. Scatter has a pretty good skill gap. I don't get this company.

Who's ready for ENERGY SWORD COLISEUM BOIZ?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who saw that scattershot play from the recent tourney? Maybe it was EU finals? I cant remember...

Anyways, who saw that amazing creative play on Rig with the scattershot and thought: "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen... let's remove the gun from that map and add a shotgun which basically fills the same niche but doesn't add anything cool even though we already have it on Eden!"

My only argument would be that I find the shotgun to be MUCH more consistent in terms of damage dealt.  I've seen people get point-blank shot with a scatter and not die, but I've seen them get hit from a few paces away, unscoped, and collapse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arena refresh doesn't specifically mean HCS maps, guys. 

Some of these are just being tested for MM.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Arena refresh doesn't specifically mean HCS maps, guys. 

Some of these are just being tested for MM.

It does say, "Only a subset will be used for HCS." So hopefully no Overgrowth or Riptide and if we have Assault no Tyrant unless it plays really good. 

Will we see scrims using the new settings? 

Scattershot -> Shotgun change is a "nerf" because of reduced ammo, guys.

I'm more interested in the Song of Peace introduction, which is a tacit admission from 343 that the base Suppressor sucks dick.

• Upvote (+1) 8