CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Except I went to a good university and all of my friends are making an average of 70K+ right out of school on a Bachelor's.

Let's not generalize here, it goes both ways.

BAydtABZzoPFS.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Except I went to a good university and all of my friends are making an average of 70K+ right out of school on a Bachelor's.

Yeah well Formal makes 12k a year playing CoD and I'm pretty sure he didn't go to college

do you think you'll have a similar role as analyst on team liquid? from what I've heard @@Symbolic is pretty involved already as an analyst for his teams

He and I have been discussing our roles on the team.

Personally, I'm glad to have a coach to work alongside who's as active within his team in online practice as Symbolic has been with Renegades/Cloud 9, because it actually helps establish some order.

In other games, the analyst works under the coach and to serve the coach's needs.  Kory and I have talked about how he handled preparing for drafts with RNG/C9 from last season, and it overlapped with what I was already doing for Liquid the previous season, though I'd been going more in-depth, so he can trust me to take over that aspect of his previous position.

Coaches should be doing analyst-type work, but an analyst is there to supplement the coach.  We'll now both have a second voice or second opinion when reviewing game film for (or with) the team, which wasn't present before, which can help pick up things the other may be completely missing, which may help us both to grow and improve both as individuals and in our respective roles for the team.

• Upvote (+1) 9

He and I have been discussing our roles on the team.

Personally, I'm glad to have a coach to work alongside who's as active within his team in online practice as Symbolic has been with Renegades/Cloud 9, because it actually helps establish some order.

In other games, the analyst works under the coach and to serve the coach's needs.  Kory and I have talked about how he handled preparing for drafts with RNG/C9 from last season, and it overlapped with what I was already doing for Liquid the previous season, though I'd been going more in-depth, so he can trust me to take over that aspect of his previous position.

Coaches should be doing analyst-type work, but an analyst is there to supplement the coach.  We'll now both have a second voice or second opinion when reviewing game film for (or with) the team, which wasn't present before, which can help pick up things the other may be completely missing, which may help us both to grow and improve both as individuals and in our respective roles for the team.

Nice cool to hear how the infrastructure for pro teams is growing and getting richer. You do great work :)

Thank you. I understand the college=scam thing that has been around the gaming community is funny, but college does work out for some people. Now, if you want to have an argument about tuition prices, college textbooks, and school loans, that's a bit more understandable. At the same time, I would also like to point out that merit scholarships are really important, and putting in the extra work for the better grades goes a long way to staying out of serious debt. 

Lol at y'all that thought c9 was in for the long haul this time. That org is trash.

Literally no one thought that. In fact, most people were asking how long they'd stick around for this time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the first time I have ever negged repped you and in no way do i feel bad about it.

You take that back and you take that back now.

Come on, Simms. You don't have to do this. 

C9 didn't leave the scene on their own accord. They wanted a team in Pro League, but no one wanted them. Plus, they never contracted any of their teams in H5.

Yeah well Formal makes 12k a year playing CoD and I'm pretty sure he didn't go to college

Dude just wanted to toot his own horn. I bet if we all sucked dick as good as him and his friends we'd have a good paying job too. 

txFihGgmSbIoU.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Thank you. I understand the college=scam thing that has been around the gaming community is funny, but college does work out for some people. Now, if you want to have an argument about tuition prices, college textbooks, and school loans, that's a bit more understandable. At the same time, I would also like to point out that merit scholarships are really important, and putting in the extra work for the better grades goes a long way to staying out of serious debt. 

I'm not saying it's a complete scam. I'm glad I have a Bachelor's degree. It's just that we have this mindset ingrained into our society that you must go to college or you will not succeed in life and will be living under a bridge or flipping burgers at Mcdonalds. And the price of college...hah that's an entirely different discussion. What a fucking joke. It always killed me (I went to University of Georgia) that I paid $8K plus a semester but yet professors still took attendance?! The fuck? Am I still in elementary school? It's not like I'm paying your salary or paying to be here. 

do you think you'll have a similar role as analyst on team liquid? from what I've heard @@Symbolic is pretty involved already as an analyst for his teams

tibby is incredibly smart and I'm really looking forward to working with him. 2 brains are better than 1 :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

when will someone Rise to occasion and post that intel

I wish I knew but I don't, that was all speculation based on twitter follows

This is the first time I have ever negged repped you and in no way do i feel bad about it.

You take that back and you take that back now.

Carrell > Gervais

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Literally no one thought that. In fact, most people were asking how long they'd stick around for this time.

That's not true at all. There were multiple that thought theyd stick around after hearing the explanation from symbolic. (I think it was him)

I wish I knew but I don't, that was all speculation based on twitter follows

i know. I actually really want Rise Nation in halo. From everything I've seen, seem like a good org. Always down for new orgs in the scene, plus i'm a fan of red and black.

I'm teasing ESL/343 they love to say soon.

As has been discussed many times, I'm still not sure if its better or worse than silence. I guess its a little bit better since it builds some hype.

As a project manager I would get absolutely DESTROYED by my upper management if I took that approach with my projects. I have to give them an exact launch date 8-18 months before a project launches.

Ayyyy I knew I liked you. PM bros4life. :Fist bump:

• Upvote (+1) 1