CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ninjas mods are free to do whatever, just sucked last night cause there really weren't any good twitch chats to talk about halo

Nah ninja has nothing to do with the chat going into sub mode. It's all his nazi mods

This is true 

Because despite the Halo community crying out for open LANs they didn't support the only open events we had while they were still around. First event since i49 (2013) there's no Halo. Last event scraped 8 teams, which unfortunately isn't enough to break-even let alone be somewhat profitable. Hopefully serves as a wake up call to the Halo community. Support what you have while it's still around.

If anyone is attending Insomnia myself & @@Onset will be there casting a Rainbow 6: Siege best of 5 on the Twitch Esports Stage Friday, pop by and say hi!

Wow that sucks, kind of feel bad. Those were never huge events but I always loved to watch the stream.

Ok the spooky booty banger and copy pasta shit is a little dumb but I don't mind the trash talk. Especially if the streamer gets wrecked by somebody and the flood of "you're trash" comes in.

Its only the top few players in any league that do this.  Usually film sessions are vetted by the coaches first to make a few specific points.  On one hand i could see the argument that this is more important for coaches in esports since in any one tournament on one weekend you could be playing multiple opponents so the film lessons need to be really condensed.  One the other hand i think the improvement in esports is more independent than it is based on "Matchups" like Football or Basketball are.

Yeah, and the only top few players that do this, win events. For example, every time I am on twitch watching a tournament Lethal is nearly always in the chat. He probably watches 50 hours of other players streams every week. Keeping tabs on the competition is how you stay AHEAD of the competition. 

Seems like most pros are satisfied with 2nd and content with playing for 2nd every LAN event. Have to put in the work..

• Upvote (+1) 5

ninjas mods are free to do whatever, just sucked last night cause there really weren't any good twitch chats to talk about halo

I wish more ppl used the team beyond twitch chat more often during scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, and the only top few players that do this, win events. For example, every time I am on twitch watching a tournament Lethal is nearly always in the chat. He probably watches 50 hours of other players streams every week. Keeping tabs on the competition is how you stay AHEAD of the competition. 

Seems like most pros are satisfied with 2nd and content with playing for 2nd every LAN event. Have to put in the work..

Didn't we all agree that part of OpTic's problem last season was too much practice of poor quality? Don't get me wrong, it's great to watch other players and such, but surely watching quality videos (or your performance, or of another team) is better? Pretty sure a coach is the way forwards with analysing quality videos.

Has this been lately that you've been watching him? He was killing it for Allegiance for a period of time. I think he had one of the highest kda's for one of the tournaments and scored very high on that fantasyhcs thing. I don't remember the details but I remember people saying he might be one of the best players in the league after that tournament. 

Yeah that was the first time he played with them I believe. It was during qualifications for Pro League..... he hasn't played like that (or even close) since IMO. He posted like a 1.7 k/d.

Didn't we all agree that part of OpTic's problem last season was too much practice of poor quality? Don't get me wrong, it's great to watch other players and such, but surely watching quality videos (or your performance, or of another team) is better? Pretty sure a coach is the way forwards with analysing quality videos.

Did we? I personally just feel like that team just didnt play enough in general, and when they did it was probably poor quality practices. I feel like optic halo was celebrating / surprised that they got 8th.

If I were Maniac I would just pass along the team to some other player and continue to build up youtube content. According to posts on here about those optic vision videos, it seems like he is headed that way anyways. Easily his best move in my opinion. 

Potential ALG (Contra-Devon-Shooter-Str8 Sick)

vs

Potential eLv (Randa-Falcated-Shotzy-BxbyJ)

https://www.twitch.tv/therealstr8sick

This eLv team can be fucking great. I think Randa may even be the "weakest" player from an individual skill standpoint, which isn't a bad thing.

BxbyJ is sooooo good

Honestly if it were to be my decision, coaches are fine but they shouldn't be able to communicate weapon and powerup times in game. Players should have to be held accountable for that. After all, isn't in game awareness something that helps separate good players from average players?

Yeah that was the first time he played with them I believe. It was during qualifications for Pro League..... he hasn't played like that (or even close) since IMO. He posted like a 1.7 k/d.

Also the only time they got to play on LAN...

This eLv team can be fucking great. I think Randa may even be the "weakest" player from an individual skill standpoint, which isn't a bad thing.

BxbyJ is sooooo good

What was the final scrim score? When I stopped watching Elv was up 3-1. 

And agreed on the indiv skill, but Randa has a ton of smarts and the most 4v4 experience on that team by far. He also does well with power weapons, it's just his pistol which can get shaky sometimes.

Shitty practice was definately a large part of their issue. Watching some of their videos made it clear that they didn't even realize that they weren't getting anything out of their practice.

Beyond that they all seemed well behind much of the league when it came to mechanical skill and map knowledge. Good practice, and establishing a sound general strat for each gametype would do wonders, i think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

zyqHDuA.gif?noredirect

You've literally been sitting on this for a week, haven't you?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe its just me, but I feel like teams arent practicing with intention. Theres no focus on developing any specific aspect of their gameplay. They just keep playing the same games and maps the same exact way over and over.

Sure repetition is great, but are you really improving at the rate you need to to beat the best?

As an example from basketball, if your team struggles to work together, in practice you might run a drill that specifically focuses on teamwork and team awareness. Such as during a scrim you have to have every player touch the ball before you shoot.

I dont know if it would be feasible in halo or not but I feel like a lot of these scrims dont help players improve as much as they could because there doesnt seem to be any specific focus of improvement.

I dont know. Maybe im just full of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so watching potential EG scrims from last night.... and this is going to sound weird.... but Ninja might be exactly what that team needs...

A loud voice that interrupts the bickering of the twins and isn't afraid to be confrontational.  Some of the points he was making last night were spot on.  He might die alone too much yes, but he seems to "get" what Halo 5 is about vs previous halo's more than the twins and isn't afraid to tell them that. I am not sure about Cam though, i didn't hear him much on the comm's and his stats were less than the other 3 but as we know, stats don't mean shit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

so watching potential EG scrims from last night.... and this is going to sound weird.... but Ninja might be exactly what that team needs...

A loud voice that interrupts the bickering of the twins and isn't afraid to be confrontational.  Some of the points he was making last night were spot on.  He might die alone too much yes, but he seems to "get" what Halo 5 is about vs previous halo's more than the twins and isn't afraid to tell them that. I am not sure about Cam though, i didn't hear him much on the comm's and his stats were less than the other 3 but as we know, stats don't mean shit.

Yeah, I actually was thinking along similar lines. Ninja seemed to work well with the twins in comms between games. No doubt they all tilt pretty hard, but even after losing 12-2, they were optimistic and talking through situational game-play. I think if you're a Ninja/EG fan you should look at that scrim not so much by the wins/losses, but by the quality of communication between the players. 

That team could work out, it just depends on the amount of work they put into it (aka like everyone else). 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe its just me, but I feel like teams arent practicing with intention. Theres no focus on developing any specific aspect of their gameplay. They just keep playing the same games and maps the same exact way over and over.

Sure repetition is great, but are you really improving at the rate you need to to beat the best?

As an example from basketball, if your team struggles to work together, in practice you might run a drill that specifically focuses on teamwork and team awareness. Such as during a scrim you have to have every player touch the ball before you shoot.

I dont know if it would be feasible in halo or not but I feel like a lot of these scrims dont help players improve as much as they could because there doesnt seem to be any specific focus of improvement.

I dont know. Maybe im just full of shit.

Not full of shit at all.  I think you are 100% spot on.  The problem is that i don't think a full focus scrim is the best way to drill that in and that seems to be the primary way that teams practice? (at least that we see)

Some beyonder's did a thing a while ago where we would play the same gametype multiple times in a row with a specific focus for each "rep" of the gametype.  It was actually really helpful.

I don't see why some pro teams don't do something like grab an AM team and use them as basically a scout team.  Then they could run drills like setting up a Fathom CTF game where you only need 1 cap to win, to keep the game short and play it 5 times in a row with a specific focus, or slayer to 15 kills, Strongholds to 35 points etc.

It seems like that could help the pro teams really focus on specific areas for improvement as well as give the AM teams more exposure to the Pro-level players.  A win-win for the scene as a whole i think.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All the practice in the world couldn't stop MJ and the Bulls.

qQaExiD.gif

Meme-man 23 at work

• Upvote (+1) 1

qQaExiD.gif

This has to be one of your best GIF's ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

qQaExiD.gif

Obviously an amazing gif. I can't help but ask myself why Jordan didn't just pass the ball though on that play?