CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was I the only one who started with Red Faction? (And you thought halo 5's railgun was OP lol)

That game was so fun (only ever played splitscreen vs bots with friends). Destructable enviroments was such a great concept at the time (I hope this never occurs in Halo).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hi My name is Stikki Lawndart. I'm 25, and I really dove into the Halo franchise in Halo 3. That's right I said it.

The exposure you will sometimes get to high end tech in small town Iowa was very small. I had a game cube and only one of my friends had an xbox while the others had a PlayStation 2. A month or so before Halo 3 came out we found out our xbox friend had been playing a game called Halo 2. We all went over to play it and I would get rocked (cuz I was honorable and not screen peaking scum).

Xbox friend's family was prettyy well off unlike mine so he got an upgrade to Halo 3 and a 360. We all went over to play it and holy. shit.

I was hooked. For the next 2 years I'd cycle around my friends who had an xbox, adding and re-adding my 3 month xbox live accounts I had while still not owning my own xbox myself. Having a blast Lanning through all hours of the night, trolling ppl in Rocket Race by blowing their mongoose off course and trying our hardest to assassinate them.

In 2009 after I graduated I did what Anybody would do after getting financial aid for college. Bought my own xbox and haven't looked back :').

• Upvote (+1) 8

aaaand we back to sweet sweet nostalgia after the dumpster fire that was last night.

Seriously, i love this place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

aaaand we back to sweet sweet nostalgia after the dumpster fire that was last night.

Seriously, i love this place.

Seems like a much better environment than many other halo forums i have been part of over the years.  Cant believe it took me so long to find it!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or whatabouts Lohan on Prime Lethul's body...

jG9fnLU.png?1

If you squint your eyes it kinda looks like Contra....

• Upvote (+1) 5

Was I the only one who started with Red Faction? (And you thought halo 5's railgun was OP lol)

Did you ever play Red Faction Guerilla on the 360? That game was sick and had a decent competitive scene for a few months (from what I remember) but unfortunately didn't have a big enough player base/community to sustain it.

I was really bummed when the next one didn't have any competitive multiplayer and I still am.

Edit: It even had it's own MLG playlist at one point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone post more actual intel so these god awful photoshops stop?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hows comes we isn'ts talking about how a pickup team won a 4v4 TB Tournament? That's pretty impressive even if the one true god squad didn't play in it, right?

Did you ever play Red Faction Guerilla on the 360? That game was sick and had a decent competitive scene for a few months (from what I remember) but unfortunately didn't have a big enough player base/community to sustain it.

I was really bummed when the next one didn't have any competitive multiplayer and I still am.

Edit: It even had it's own MLG playlist at one point.

Talking about MLG playlists

GTA V some how has 3 ladders on MLG gamebattles

Am I too late for the nostalgia trip?

I started with h1 when i was around 6 years old. I had basically two groups to play LANs pretty frequently. Either I would play with my cousins and their neighbors (I'd guess 8-16 of us) and a friend of mine whos family was also very into Halo and their friends (8-16 as well). Usually that would result in BTB nonsense or some 4v4 action. Same for our H2 LANs.

Grabbed H2 but really only played casually but pretty frequently. I've done what most 4th graders did in h2, play cat and mouse, tremors, troy, try to get the golden warthog, etc.  My cousins on the other hand were much better players than me. IIRC they made it to level 30 or so (I think that's decent...?) I wasn't even allowed to play the Team Slayer/Hardcore playlists because that was for my brother only, I was stuck in doing Team Objective and BTB which i liked more anyways lol

H3 wasn't much anything special for me. I played a ton of social btb, played infection but made it to like i think level 47 in either slayer or MLG (I forget) 

Reach I started getting into the game competitively. I played a ton of 8s with the Official Reach Discussion thread back in mlg, ran the mlg playlist like everyday and watched most tournaments for the game. I know my timeline in halo isn't that big competitive wise but Cbus '12 is still my favorite event to watch because of the last ditch effort we had to do and the community effort

H4 I dropped and switched to playing FGs competitively.

Wasn't interested in h2a so from 2012-2015 in Halo and the only shooter i played comp wise was Black Ops 2 (RIP) 

I've been sweating a lot in h5 and enjoying the game a good amount which i haven't had since zbns reach. Now if 343 could stop being weird with how they run the competitive side of this game id be happy

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is going on... Anyway to get the forums back on track. Org announcement real soon. #Soon

Do you *want* the forums back on track? You are the worst player in the pro league after all. 

(obligatory /s)

What is going on... Anyway to get the forums back on track. Org announcement real soon. #Soon

Just a reminder Liquid should be announcing something about their roster today or tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No teasing here, I am talking to a few people

I sent you a PM. You may have opened a can of worms because now I'll continue to bug you about this.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not even. I used to hate FPS games until I got Red Faction/Medal of Honor. Used to play split screens with the bots and friends. So much fun. From there, it was Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault.

Nostalgia baby! you should get in on this....

Does "Soon" mean like real-person soon, or 343 soon?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm inclined to believe that anyone saying they started with H:CE but are only 16-20 are probably talking out of their ass, though.

I agree -- a 20 year old today would have been 5 when the game came out. 2001 was my freshman year of high school. My basement had two TVs in it and my basketball team would hang a blanket across the middle of the room and play 4v4 in between school and our games. So much fun.

For reference:

• 2001 - Halo: CE
  • 2004 - Halo 2
  • 2007 - Halo 3
  • 2009 - Halo 3 ODST
  • 2010 - Halo: Reach
  • 2012 - Halo 4
  • 2014 - Halo: MCC
  • 2015 - Halo 5: Guardians
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has OpTic ran games with anybody since the official announcement of them dropping Str8 Sick?

Hi My name is Stikki Lawndart. I'm 25, and I really dove into the Halo franchise in Halo 3. That's right I said it.

The exposure you will sometimes get to high end tech in small town Iowa was very small. I had a game cube and only one of my friends had an xbox while the others had a PlayStation 2. A month or so before Halo 3 came out we found out our xbox friend had been playing a game called Halo 2. We all went over to play it and I would get rocked (cuz I was honorable and not screen peaking scum.

Fellow Iowan what up.

• Upvote (+1) 1