CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its crazy to me to think that the games that "started it all" and that we have the fondest irl memories of had the multiplayer basically added as an afterthought.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i started with goldeneye

you're all bad

It's a shame but the second game in that series "the world is not enough" never gets mentioned in conversation of great fps for the time but in my opinion was significantly better than goldeneye....my guess would be because new systems like ps2 and Xbox were being talked about andoing most ppl never even bought it but that game was the shit played it almost as much as halo

Also delta force was probably at the top of the list until rogue spear came out

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its crazy to me to think that the games that "started it all" and that we have the fondest irl memories of had the multiplayer basically added as an afterthought.

The best things in life are accidents......

Did anyone else get their Xbox modded to play the leaked French version of Halo 2?

Hell ya. I remember playing online way before the games release. I also remember getting owned by the Halo 2 sword over and over again because I did not understand how it worked at the time. It was my first online experience with a game and was life changing. 

Back before the original Xbox release I was a Playstation fan boy. I worked as a dishwasher at the local  Cracker Barrel. That is where I met a now good friend that asked me to come hang out after work drink some beers. He and his other friend had moded Xbox consoles. They fired up Halo CE and handed me a controller. They continued to kill me over and over again for hours. Come to find out later that they were the 2 best CE players in our town. The game was such a new experience for me. I have never played a multiplayer shooter until then. From that night on my one goal in life was to beat them at their own game.  

The one thing that really hooked me into Halo was the competitive community. One night the same two guys took me to the local LAN Center. When I walked into a room of 16 big screen tv's and people sprawled over old couches playing Halo CE I was in awe. As a life long gamer it was something that blew me away. It was like heaven for gamers. My 2 new Halo friends asked "who are the best 2 players in here." 2 guys took up the challenge. My friends beat them badly and walked away like a boss. That is when I started my journey with competitive Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made the mistake of flipping back to the conversations from last night. I think this is an accurate depiction of last night's events: 

add-on-prop_full-res_191.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Andddddd I'm the worst pro in pro league... Nah imagine

Only one moron thinks that.  Pay them no mind.

Ever since H5 shit has been very different. There's like a clique of pros who talk shit about everyone for legit no reason.

Is Cratos the godfather of this Clique? 

To be fair, if you want to be the best at CSGO you have to do all that crap. It's a fulltime job. Halo isn't like that, or at least it isn't yet.

It is for one team and they dominate everyone.  Certainly not a coincidence.

Honestly, there's probably a lot of people who'll give their opinion on Halo and start it off with "I've been playing since CE" when odds are good that they never played the multiplayer regularly. I mean, out of everyone who had the game, how many people did or even could regularly lan? Much less play the game at a decent level.

I was a sophomore in high school when CE came out. There were some people that would play on the TV's in the cafeteria during free periods. I was not enlightened yet so i did not join them. Didnt start playing halo until H2 came out my freshman year of college.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul on Prime Lohan's body..... that is something I never expected to see in my entire life

Damn, missed out on some fun tonight. Let's keep it rolling!

wqJIegm.jpg

I just about shit my pants just now. I feel like @@SnakeBite is staring into the dark depths of my soul and knows exactly what to say to make my high-school self cry in the bathroom.

• Upvote (+1) 4

we ever getting stats from season 1 finals? still want to see how my fantasy team stacked up :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

we ever getting stats from season 1 finals? still want to see how my fantasy team stacked up :)

The fact that we don't have stats yet is asinine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lethul on Prime Lohan's body..... that is something I never expected to see in my entire life

I feel like current Lohan is the best Lohan. But that's because I feel like these days I'd have no trouble getting into her pants should I wish to.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was I the only one who started with Red Faction? (And you thought halo 5's railgun was OP lol)

• Upvote (+1) 3