CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh man, you probably were like "What the fuck does that mean. Why does this kid not take that dumb hat off?"

Lol I followed league of legends very heavily before I got back into competitive halo, so names don't make me say "wtf"' much anymore. 

As for the beanie, it instantly made me a fan. Beanies are the shit. I hardly get to wear them because I live in the south and beanies + humidity = miserable.

Lol I followed league of legends very heavily before I got back into competitive halo, so names don't make me say "wtf"' much anymore.

As for the beanie, it instantly made me a fan. Beanies are the shit. I hardly get to wear them because I live in the south and beanies + humidity = miserable.

Oh I've been in Atlanta the last year and I still have been toughing it out. I can't go without it for some reason, I feel naked. I googled it to see if I was alone in the world in my beanie wearing, and apparently it's a thing.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Oh I've been in Atlanta the last year and I still have been toughing it out. I can't go without it for some reason, I feel naked. I googled it to see if I was alone in the world in my beanie wearing, and apparently it's a thing.

Damn dude that's crazy. I can't imagine wearing a beanie with the ridiculous heat + humidity combo that's going on right now. Mad respect to the commitment lol.

I apologize, I post on here a lot regardless but when the new super team on the block loses their first tourney together and it turns into who can come up with the best random excuse starts it's annoying. It's just a team beyond tourney, take the loss and move on. The fans don't need to stack every single thing up to protect their god status... the league hasn't even started yet.

It's just fans being fans though. You should check out NFL forums after preseason week 3.

It's just fans being fans though. You should check out NFL forums after preseason week 3.

You're going to the wrong NFL communities. Most fanbases shit all over their team/coaching staff after a bad week.

As is tradition. 

Watching Vision finally. Love how Rush was talking about their schedule, how they'll all wake up at the same time, and how the coach would enforce the sleep schedules, practice schedules, and post-practice schedules. 

Then started thinking about the Halo team. What a difference! Can you imagine Flamesword telling the team when to get up hahahaha

• Upvote (+1) 6

:salt:  everywhere lol. Did shotzzy play in Challenger League last season? Know he's a big doubles guy. 

Also, if anyone wants to carry me, I'm on H5 right now. GT is same as username, looking to play Team Arena - warmed up Team Slayer, but prefer obj. gametypes. First time on in like 3 months. HMU

Watching Vision finally. Love how Rush was talking about their schedule, how they'll all wake up at the same time, and how the coach would enforce the sleep schedules, practice schedules, and post-practice schedules. 

Then started thinking about the Halo team. What a difference! Can you imagine Flamesword telling the team when to get up hahahaha

I find irony in the fact that Maniac says team houses are for content, not practice. Yet the CS team is already imagining all the ways the house is going to make them get better.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, if you want to be the best at CSGO you have to do all that crap. It's a fulltime job. Halo isn't like that, or at least it isn't yet. 

To be fair, if you want to be the best at CSGO you have to do all that crap. It's a fulltime job. Halo isn't like that, or at least it isn't yet. 

I know it's a different environment, I just find it funny. 

I find irony in the fact that Maniac says team houses are for content, not practice. Yet the CS team is already imagining all the ways the house is going to make them get better.

Well you see how the original OpTic house turned out. Only reason the CS team says that is because none of them do content.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I apologize, I post on here a lot regardless but when the new super team on the block loses their first tourney together and it turns into who can come up with the best random excuse starts it's annoying. It's just a team beyond tourney, take the loss and move on. The fans don't need to stack every single thing up to protect their god status... the league hasn't even started yet. 

Here at TeamBeyond we are all experts. We have our degrees in Memeology. Every day is a mine field of off topic posts and mix of Kindergarten and College level data analysis on K/D and being dead in the brain. We are the equivalent of a HowToBasic1 video manifested.

For those unaware of HowToBasic, here is an example. Enjoy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

:salt:  everywhere lol. Did shotzzy play in Challenger League last season? Know he's a big doubles guy. 

Also, if anyone wants to carry me, I'm on H5 right now. GT is same as username, looking to play Team Arena - warmed up Team Slayer, but prefer obj. gametypes. First time on in like 3 months. HMU

I'm down. I'm only about Platinum though if that's a problem

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would love to know how many people lie about "playing halo since CE." Probably a pretty decent percentage honestly. Anyways, I hope that since the pro player summit is finished that we get the Season 2 info soon.

I'm 31. Played Halo CE in college via campus LAN, attended AGP events until Halo 2 and Xbox Live became my go to litmus test.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here at TeamBeyond we are all experts. We have our degrees in Memeology. Every day is a mine field of off topic posts and mix of Kindergarten and College level data analysis on K/D and being dead in the brain. We are the equivalent of a HowToBasic1 video manifested.

For those unaware of HowToBasic, here is an example. Enjoy:

It got disgusting real quick and I waited around to see if it would inevitably make sense...shame on me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some lore for your resident shill

• Had heard of Halo 2 all the way back in elementary school, might have walked around Waterworks once at a cousins house on original Xbox
  • Inevitably ran into Halo 3 at a friends house, he handed me a controller and spawn sniped me on Forge. I was not thrilled.
  • The same friend and I would then have sessions where he would bring his 360 to my house, and we'd load up into Forge and build dank structures on Foundry and Avalanche and then fight each other out of them. Due to his proficiency and speed, he'd always burn through the budget much faster and would have a better fort/base.
  • Eventually got around to buying a 360 and fell in love with the game. Halo was and essentially still is the only game I play consistently. I only owned Halo 3 for the first 1-2 years of owning a console, and would only expand my library slightly with stuff like CoD, Portal, Battlefield, etc.
  • Ironically, I was a fan of literally everything related to Halo other than eSports/MLG/competitive. I enjoyed playing Ranked Lone Wolves, devoured Custom Games/Infection lobbies, knew loads and loads of Easter Eggs/Glitches in Campaign, knew every quirky trick in Forge, and watched and appreciated a lot of Machinimas as well. Three of my friends (one being the one who introduced me to Halo) all played competitively and attended local NJ Halo tournaments. I didn't really have any reasons to dislike the competitive nature of the game, I just wasn't very good at it so it was a sort of blind hate, but I sorta just let them do their thing.
  • I was (and still am) an absolute maniac when it comes to digesting pre-launch Halo info. It started with ODST, and followed suit in Reach and Halo 4. I'd watch every off-screen E3 Firefight gameplay, every stage demo, every leak, etc. I'd memorize every weapon location on every map (still do this haha), read every BWU, etc. I also was an avid Bungie Forum poster...
  • Side Story: Once got permabanned for sharing leaks and tricked Stosh into unbanning me.
  • Halo: Reach rolls around and while I did enjoy the game thoroughly, it didn't rope me in as much as Halo 3 did. I enjoyed matchmaking and played in a small clan with some friends, but didn't really go ham on Forge/Customs/Campaign like I did in H3.
  • Halo 4 rolls around and to my surprise, a lot of my first exposure to the game was through MLG (E3 Invitational & Dallas). Some of my first memories of H4 were watching that OG Neighbor/Hoaxer/BestMan gameplay, and I guess thats what planted the seed to have me finally converting to a competitive player. At launch, I did the usual jank – Forge/MM/Customs/Campaign, but also somehow got dragged into lobbies with those three original friends who were playing Slayer Pro and MLG V1 settings. As you'd expect, all three dipped due to H4 being cheese, but this was right around the same time I started browsing r/Halo and subsequently THC. At first I didn't really have any qualms with H4 because I was just a casual player but after reading a decent amount I realized how big of a hole the game was in and how much of the problems I actually agreed with.
  • (Sap) Most importantly, via a string of Reddit Custom Game nights, I met one of my now closest friends @@MaceX42, who I've been playing Halo online with for over 4 years now. It's actually pretty crazy how similar our sense of humor is and how much we both talk about life and Halo equally. Still waiting on him to fly out of West Bumblefuck to visit East Coast.
  • Fast forward a bit, and THC is Dad, AGL is Brad, and Halo 4 is still bad. Nonetheless, Beyond starts up and I was one of the top posters for the first 3-4 months (alongside homie @Sam)
  • Eventually, Beyond posts that they are looking for Video Editors/Content Creators (still primarily YT-based at the time), so I apply, and it turns out I was one of the better applicants. I join Beyond to help make news videos and other cool features, covering Destiny, Halo, and more. As we convert more towards the website, I started moderating and eventually moved over to news on the home page, where I now am the Lead Writer. I've also helped operate our Tournaments and even had the pleasure of live-commentating a broadcast recently.

I still have not been to a live Halo event. I have never competed in a Halo LAN. So this story is a bit different than most everyone else's, but I think my journey to enjoying competitive Halo is pretty unique.

• Upvote (+1) 8

CLG + Ace APG Maniac Eco Stellur 

Oh yea we sit here shit talking everyone guys, you wish you could hear what we say. People shit talking our group for supposedly shit talking everyone.... smfh.

Anything we shit talk about halo wise I'll post in here. I don't care what opinions people have, just keep them consistent when things go differently. 

Sorry none of you are cool enough to get added to the group so don't ask thanks. 

I was once part of the group :/ FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 4