CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People are overreacting. I'll take Riptide or Overgrowth Strongholds over Empire Strongholds any day of the week.

Also excited to see Empire CTF again - felt like it had more potential than SH or Slayer on that map. 

Agreed. Empire CTF is one of my favorite gametpyes, its just a bit too small/fast at the highest level so I'm interested in seeing what they did to it.

Riptide Strongholds' current iteration is probably the option that would work best if they wanted to introduce a new gametype without any changes.

Could it be improved? Probably.

But pre-changes, I think it works okay and I would not be angry if it was added to the rotation.  Same goes for Overgrowth (which has an entire corner of dead space which could be better used with a Sniper on map.)

Agreed, I'm actually a fan of Riptide Strongholds and Overgrowth Strongholds is average in my book.

Let me load up the Riptide's again and I'll see the potential changes

Halo 5 forge is so good it makes me wish the rest of the game had the community and features Reach had.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How does anyone sincerely enjoy Riptime, Overgrowth, or Torque? I'm honestly confused as they are all legit contenders for 5 worst maps in halo history.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It obvi includes the Beyond Community silly  :wub:

I know what you meant by competitive community  :simms:  :beyond:  :simms:

:flames:  :prayers:  :beyond:  :prayers:  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now that Overgrowth doesn't have a shotgun or sword, Strongholds isn't half bad on that map.  Riptide is a little worse for strongholds, but playable.. 

Torque needs 3 changes A) Lighting  B)Weapons  C) Make it easier to get out of bottom middle and the courtyards/pits

I'm not completely against the binary rifle..  However I think putting a beam rifle on a better map than riptide would be good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I said it before, the rest of the Halo teams need to operate to the level that the Forge team does. Best team at 343 hands down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trust me when I tell you this:

The Pro players and competitive community will riot before any of those will be added to rotation

The man's not lying.  :simms:

"If 343 puts Assault in, no big deal, try something new.  If they put Torque Assault in... that's when I start rioting." - Snakebite, April 2016

343 headquarters, hours after they announce the addition of Torque Assault to HCS

hoy6n6t.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

People are overreacting. I'll take Riptide or Overgrowth Strongholds over Empire Strongholds any day of the week.

Also excited to see Empire CTF again - felt like it had more potential than SH or Slayer on that map. 

I thought I was the only one who had that opinion about Empire SH. Good to know I'm not alone!

Halo 5 forge is so good it makes me wish the rest of the game had the community and features Reach had.

Yea I try imagining a world where H4 never happened and we had this sort of dev-community interaction since Halo 3.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL. They just showed a map called Optic something and Jimbo typed "Optic #Intel" in chat.

Even more fitting since the map was called Optic Prison.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think they care, and we don't know what the changes even are yet. I'm annoyed about the lack of concrete information more than anything else. 

if the SAW being in HCS doesn't scream that control over settings needs to be passed to the competitive community I don't know what does.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trust me when I tell you this:

The Pro players and competitive community will riot before any of those will be added to rotation

So you're saying I should start practicing those so that when all the pros riot and go on strike I can become a top notch pro!?

• Upvote (+1) 1