CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hard to say. They never lost in groups and only lost 3-2 to Denial in brackets. I'd say they were the best Rig TS team at the time of Worlds based off scrim results leading up to Worlds.

who was the fourth when it was Chig, Ninja and Ace at the start of H5

Seeing everyone's Halo story has been a great read - arguably more enjoyable (for me) than the speculation. Cool to see how people go to where they are now.

Here's mine. Sorry if it jumps around but I just kind of typed as things hit me.

EDIT: Shit that was longer than expected, added the spoiler tag in.

• First FPS game I think I played was Team Fortress Classic on PC and it was a hell of a good time. I was only 8 or so and took turns playing it with my brother (common theme here, he's basically the reason I played/play games and do a lot of things I do which I'm sure is the case for a lot of others)
  • Started playing FPS games with N64 007: Goldeneye - loved this game, and I just got destroyed as a 9 year old playing with my older brother and cousin and friends at sleepovers
  • Played Co-op Halo: CE as an 11 year old in '02 with my brother and also split screens with friends at sleepovers. 
  • Older Brother would LAN 8v8 with friends the next year in high school and on the extreme rare occasion I got the call up, I loved every second of it.
  • Halo 2 and XBL drop and my mother forced my older brother to share his account with me and let me play as a guest
  • Secretly played on his account while he was at practice for hockey after school and ended up deleveling his 15 in TS (pre-patch/rank reset)
  • Huge fight ensues and I get my first Xbox Live account - Squeak Scolari
  • Begin my own real Halo career on H2 XBL while simultaneously still split screening CE and Halo 2 with friends at sleepovers circa 2005
  • I played the general match making, priding myself on my TS playlist rank.
  • Watched my first ever montage (AbusedGoat Montage 2) in summer of '05 and knew I just had to do that. Thought I was hot shit and had plays people would want to watch other than myself
  • Noticed the gametypes he was playing and they were all custom games, so I just went ahead and sent Dan (AbusedGoat) a friend request and surprisingly he accepted
  • Played MLG ALL NIGHT games (FFA Midship 16 man unlimited time and score), MLG Snipersaurus (Turf and Lockout FFA Snipe/BR unlimited time and score) almost every Friday and Saturday night and snuck in other nights when I could
  • By '06 I had purchased a Dazzle DVC 150 capture card and become fully fledged into the forums (various forums, Halo-Pro, HaloMega, GamingVidz.com, but most prominently was Halo2Forum/Halo3Forum/THF) and montage scene
  • By that I mean I recorded my games and cut clips and made montages, trying pretty hard not to become a montage kid (not really playing the game to play the game but to get clips specifically) and also fell in love with MLG
  • Those were the gametypes the forum guys played so shit I played them too and loved every second of it
  • I am a competitor by nature so I started looking for a team to join and I ran with a couple of online teams and backed out of them too because I was 16 and never could travel to any MLG tournaments
  • I ended up going to a local LAN at iGamespot to compete for a sponsorship with 3 random guys I linked up with on H2F - Jaskub, PaulDrinkH20, and R3aper
  • We got third at our first and only tournament together and my poor mother had to drive 2 hours or so away and sit in the LAN center all day while we played and played - what a saint of a woman she's been all these years
  • We broke up with R3aper leaving to team with another team for the next local LAN at the same spot and the next time we got 4th I think
  • I had the time of my life competing at Halo 2 and watching Halo 2 - I would watch the VoD on MLG as my brother had purchased the pass time and time again and also caught the Saturday morning recap shows that would air on USA network
  • I made incredible friends with forum guys like BigBalles, DonMiguel, Phurion, AbusedGoat, OscarMeyerNinja, and tons of other guys who made montages and played countless hours of custom MLG games
  • Then Halo 3 comes out and I continue to play the MLG playlists and grind and by now my brother and his college roommate were significantly into the scene as well and the three of us played as a To3
  • We never competed in a tournament and we never signed up for GBs but damn did we have a ton of fun grinding MLG playlist
  • My brother and I played in a third and final local LAN tournament at IGS with two of our other friends. We got absolutely steam rolled, but damn did it feel good to be back at a LAN center competing. 
  • I should add here that the entire time I was in high school ('04-'08) pretty much every Friday night my friends my own age who still played video games would LAN HCE and Halo 2 at one kids house in his basement, after a couple of hours of play we would get the 5-5-5 deal from Domino's and then play for another few hours.
  • After Halo 3 it all went pretty downhill to be honest, with Reach and Halo 4. I tried to stay true to my roots and play Halo, but I just lost a lot of interest and the games were just so awful
  • I picked up CoD during the dark days and really enjoyed it frankly, because my brother and his roommate had also picked it up and begun grinding GBs and on-campus tournaments
  • We played plenty of em starting with COD4, MW2, Black Ops, MW 3, and finally the big one - Black Ops 2
  • We ground League Play and GBs on Black Ops 2 and after this game I sort of didn't game too much towards the end of college for myself
  • I didn't really love Ghosts and Halo 4 was just downright atrocious I couldn't even really watch the competitive scene because it just turned me off. Ghosts competitive scene was great to watch though
  • I kept up with CoD a bit more as AW was cool to watch and became a big Optic fan while not really playing video games too much at all to be perfectly honest
  • My brother was kind of falling off from Console Gaming and all my friends my own age had stopped playing FPS games long ago and I drifted from the forum guys keeping in touch with a couple here and there while I stopped playing Halo. Honestly it sucked pretty bad.
  • I downloaded CS: GO and I am real bad at it but when I do play with my brother it's a lot of fun
  • MCC comes out in 2014 obviously and man it was hotly anticipated. My brother and his friends that used to LAN HCE in high school, we all stayed up at midnight after downloading our pre-orders ready to play some Halo the night it came out - coincidentally during the first couple of weeks I started my post graduate school job that I work now.
  • What a depressing night that was after about 2 hours of issues we all just called it a night and went to bed very discouraged and let down
  • My brother and I competed in the Halo: CE MCC tournament that TheHaloForum held for charity to MS and it was a lot of fun, despite the game being a disaster and massive host advantage etc. etc.
  • We tried for a few more weeks and then all of us just kind of accepted that MCC was a complete fucking disaster and that Halo was in fact not coming back as we knew it before and the memories were going to be just that again and not something we could relive
  • Halo 5 came out and I had high hopes and put the game down after about 3 weeks when Black Ops 3 released
  • I haven't played much Halo since, going back here and there trying to give it a shot again and I just cannot get behind the game itself at all. It just doesn't appeal much to me for a variety of reasons
  • I try to actively follow this thread and watch the major tournaments and keep up with the competitive scene that has given me so much - so many memories, friendships, videos, and good times and really it is awesome that it's still going sort of strong - I can only hope that Halo 5 comes out and is a vast improvement over this game and the competitive scene truly does revive, that would be fantastic
  • I've stayed in on the CoD Competitive scene as well watching and playing GBs and playing in a few 1nd SnD tournaments here and there but Black Ops 3's luster also kind of wore off for me as far as playing goes

That's about where I'm at today - an avid fan of CoD and Halo and I most certainly watch the CS Major tournaments. I love competing and competition and it is awesome to see competitive gaming going so strongly after the way it was looked at when I was younger. 

I also have my YouTube channel with some of my old montages and clips and things on it if anyone is interested, I'll link it HERE. Hope this doesn't get deleted as I don't really consider this self-promotion - I don't care if anyone leaves likes or subs or whatever. If you go in and watch some of the old montages I'm sure there are names in the older Montage 2 or Montage 3 that some of you may recognize - I think there is a triple kill on FIS in one of those two montages somewhere. 

At the time of writing this, I've been toying with giving the H5 Evolved settings a try sometime in the near future. If anyone has any encouragement as to that, let me know and I may just give it a look this weekend or next week when I've got plenty of time for video games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The new TL is definitely not an 8th place team.

Which is why I said could change any moment. SO they could be 5th, 6th, or 7th. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Phaint.

A lot of these people were on the same teams together which made it even worse.

I had trouble with a lot of the NY scene too. Element, Jordan, etc.

I love H3. :(

PnR faint/phaint or am I thinking of someone else?

Was supposed to be @@Mikwen, then he left and it ended up being UnLegit (now known as Eco).

I feel like I'm always seeing Cuyler flying around the map cleaning up kills. Dude is so aware and so good at such a young age. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would Formal bother playing in Pro League if it meant he would be stuck on the worst team? That doesn't seem like something he would do.

Mikwen, who got me hired and then left for nV. Then Unlegit.

Also, current TL is a top 4 team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since nobody mentioned it, maniac talking about how nobody on the team could take criticism makes me believe that dropping str8 sick wasn't all about friendship.

Idk how many of you watched their scrims but they would argue after every game even when they won, and it seemed like anytime Cory was critiqued it really heated up, especially between him and ace.

There was one time where they were saying str8 should've gone for a flag return and he wasn't having it, even lethul was in the chat saying he could've gotten it but str8 wasn't having it and the argument kept up.

I don't necessarily agree with them dropping str8 but it is a valid point that he had argued a lot when he received criticism.

I'm expecting a lot more from apg this season, idk how to tag him but this season was not a true representation of his skill and I believe he's gonna have a big bounce back season

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why would Formal bother playing in Pro League if it meant he would be stuck on the worst team? That doesn't seem like something he would do.

Well obviously if Formal came back to Halo Lethul would leave CLG

Formal isn't coming back , Optic vision Hecz only brought up Formal to bait make a point in halo viewers to Maniac(that he isn't invicible to being the problem).

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to know how many people lie about "playing halo since CE." Probably a pretty decent percentage honestly. Anyways, I hope that since the pro player summit is finished that we get the Season 2 info soon. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Weve talked about this twice. Once online after you randomly joined me and my buds for a night of matchmaking, and again in St Louis last year. Stop teasing.

No teasing here, I am talking to a few people

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well obviously if Formal came back to Halo Lethul would leave CLG

I repeat...

And I am guessing there was some stipulation with the EG scuf stuff that said they had to make a video since Suspector also made one. 

Anybody have a list of notable teams in the TB 4v4 later?

NahImagine - Eco, Danoxide, ElTown Naded  

MOSH - Mikwen, Ola, Snipedown, Huke

PeanutbutterBandits - Randa, Baby J, Rammy, Exemplify

Friends - Aries, Ninja Arts, Kaotic, Tire Iron

Apocalypse - Cloud, Turley, Brainstorm, Renegades

UiP - Spartan, khaos, Rayne, Tripolar

Movement - Qristola, Flames, Sneaky, Animaa

NahImigine - Scaryotic, Burton, Sceptify, Tizoxic

fabE - Kimbo, Mose, Respect, Tufoxy

E6 - Bubudubu, Suspector, Shotzy, Falcated

Zoo Animals - Blakerz, Rob the Turtle, Firebird, Botchyhawk

I know there's more, I think I saw Leche and psylince in there and pulse gaming.

Edit: rip W0uld for getting first rounded by e6  :mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Formal will come back"

"Lethul would leave CLG if Formal came back"

"Liquid is an 8th place team"

Man, sometimes guys... I just don't know.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Formal will come back"

"Lethul would leave CLG if Formal came back"

"Liquid could be 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th" 

Man, sometimes guys... I just don't know.

FTFY