CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Alright so I used to be embarrassed of being a H3 kid but now we're considered somewhat veterans, right?

Anyway my first touch of Halo was Halo 3 at my friends birthday party. There were probably about 10 of us, playing a few different consoles and up to that point I really had never played a shooter. I had my PlayStation 2 and I spent most of time playing Crash Bandicoot.

So at the party, I was on the mic talking trash to random people in the lobby while my friend who was decent at the game actually played. I quickly fell in love with the game so I decided to buy an Xbox 360.

I remember playing Multi-team with my two friends who had been playing since Halo 2 and just sucking. Like I was the absolute worst person in the lobby and I was still having a blast. But I was determined not to suck so I played that game every single day for hours. Every day after high school, all night during the summer. 

One day I found the MLG playlist, and decided to go to the MLG website. I watched one tournament and I was hooked. I still remember getting destroyed by alt accounts at like MLG rank 7 and thinking "I'm gonna need a team for this"

Anyway, I followed Halo 3 MLG religiously and basically stayed caught up on the scene until the end of Reach. That Columbus 2012 event was amazing. 

Played Halo 4 in college but didn't really enjoy it. MCC we all know.

And now I recently bought an Xbox one and have really been enjoying Halo 5. It's definitely the most fun I've had since Halo 3.

(Side note, I need people to play with since all my friends stopped playing Halo)

• Upvote (+1) 4

OpTic could finish Top 6. Liquid might be good but I felt that SpartyStelluR were their two best. New ALG could be interesting along with EG. I'm saying

CLG

nV

E6

EG

C9

ALG

OG

TL

But the bottom four could change at any moment tbh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

OpTic could finish Top 6. Liquid might be good but I felt that SpartyStelluR were their two best. New ALG could be interesting along with EG. I'm saying

CLG

nV

E6

EG

C9

ALG

OG

TL

But the bottom four could change at any moment tbh. 

The new TL is definitely not an 8th place team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

kiD4b30.png

.34 is bad, right?

They dropped str8 sick to make themselves look better. There's no other possible reason to drop a player better than Maniac and Apg.

They dropped str8 sick to make themselves look better. There's no other possible reason to drop a player better than Maniac and Apg.

Clearly Str8sick couldn't keep up with the storied careers of the other 3. They will perform better with another household name.

/s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alright I guess I'll join in.

Started playing Halo CE when it came out, I was 7 lol

Had a friend get XBL when it came out so I would stay at his house all weekend and we would take turns playing H2 matchmaking all night long

Finally got XBL at the end of H2, started playing H3 and heard about Gamebattles and MLG.

San Diego was first event I watched, I was hooked and grinded.

Started Don't Trip with Squall(Squallaye now) Reviise, and Sasori V

Top 5 on GB, decided to go to Meadows 09.

Sasori calls as I'm driving to the airport and says he isn't going. Pick up random.

Lose to Type Z first round, play Vice in LB, random goes 1-27 in the Narrows CTF game one, then -14 in Pit TS(we lose by 5 kills. Knocked out early, FeelsBadMan

Play free play with some guys, Won Shot, Fugo, Megah, etc, Squall and I DESTROY. Win 8 in a row and decide to get up and go watch games.

Get back and become a GB ref/admin in the next couple of years. And have some crazy awesome LANs at Ganzy, Alonzo,Firespin's house. He would eventually coach sQ. meet some amazing guys. (Watch, Swift Kill, Windy, Goofy, etc)

Go to Columbus 2011 with with some friends, get LBR4 still fun though.

Go to STL to hangout with Connor(Instiinct, owner of ALG) to compete at NGL, get 4th.

Stop playing, friend offers to pay for me to go to Dallas 2012 for my birthday, go and hang with all my Texas friends.

Get picked to play the first match on main stage, out BR Broly of Florida Jackelopes one shot while he has OV. Crowd goes nuts. Amazing. Teammates suck though cause it's just some friends.

Play Western Wolves second round, do really well but still lose.

Go dormant in halo for awhile, but still creep.

Go to UGC STL for H2A with Squallaye, Hyzen, and Hayes

Lose WBR2 to Denial

Make a huge run, go down 1-0 to get top 24, win the next two to advance. Hayes gets a huge stop on Lockdown Hill up 2 seconds with 5 seconds left in the game to win.

Play VeXx(13th seed) for top 16, lose game one handily, steak them in Warlord TS, then go down 80 points in Lockdown ball, thought for sure we were done, get a perfect back BR set up between library and BR tower, go on a HUGE run to end up winning. Games over for the night

Lose our momentum and lose to Gab(local) and eLevate for top 12.

Now I just lurk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is the off topic discussion being allowed in this thread? I get everyone is doing it but can we stop already? Your halo history has nothing to do with the pro league discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Is today the day to cherry pick stats? Cratos had a breadstick at worlds. Clearly a terrible player.  :thinking:

sorry, i forgot how many good stats maniac has to pick from

him and apg were easily the weakest on the team last season

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why is the off topic discussion being allowed in this thread? I get everyone is doing it but can we stop already? Your halo history has nothing to do with the pro league discussion.

hmmmm

For those that want to white knight others about posting about other game tournaments. It's the off-season right now for Halo and nothing has been officially announced. We are pretty laxed on OT talks (even more than usual!). It's cool to talk about other stuff like Call of Duty, Gears, Rocket League, etc for a short while.

and for those that are going to furiously type WHY NO RADARZ AND THE NO SPIRNTZ DISCUSSIONZ! We have thread for those, please put all your effort into those threads about topics that have been beaten to death since 2011.

Let the rostermania storm rage on! < 3

• Upvote (+1) 5

Was a PlayStation noob before halo 1.

Friend got an Xbox and h1 and was raving about it. Played it a few times and then convinced my parents to get me an Xbox.

Discovered you could lan and instantly invited all my friends over to play halo.

H2 came out and I fell even more in love(still did not have xbl). Would go over to friends house and play xbl on his internet. Continued this all the way to h3.

Finally got h3 and a 360 and played online nonstop. Still has not heard of MLG.

Heard of MLG for first time at a carnival when someone was talking about walshy being dropped from final boss.

Looked it up and have been watching ever since.

First and only event attended was Columbus 2012.

My short and boring halo history

How good was the old Liquid roster, Ace Apg, Eco and Heinz?

They were my #2 team going into worlds. They were one of the only 3 teams that wouldn't get routinely 13-0'd in scrims (the other two being EG and RNG)

kiD4b30.png

.34 is bad, right?

Based on the screenshot, it looks like this was for slayer types vs. EG.  Do you have the full spreadsheet?  I'm generally curious to see it broken down like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dren as in Brandren? remember him from the dying days of the MLG forums. Always ran into him in MLG in H3.

Yeah. I've known him for awhile due to living in the same area. He kept going with Reach and placed top 24 a few times I think in the later Reach events. Actually competed in an H5 Microsoft Store 2v2 tourny with him a couple months ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

mash that spoiler button, homie. he gave it the sarcasm tag.

I was super close to putting it in Comic Sans as well but I couldn't bring myself to do it :simms:

Also I realize I should have just multiquoted the first comment to not dbl post. Welp.

How good was the old Liquid roster, Ace Apg, Eco and Heinz?

Hard to say. They never lost in groups and only lost 3-2 to Denial in brackets. I'd say they were the best Rig TS team at the time of Worlds based off scrim results leading up to Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Based on the screenshot, it looks like this was for slayer types vs. EG.  Do you have the full spreadsheet?  I'm generally curious to see it broken down like this.

yes but it's not public yet, i think i'm going to start sharing it tomorrow via the fantasy twitter

i'll post it here too

• Upvote (+1) 3