CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im on my phone so I'll spare you a sloppy nostalgia post.

Can someone briefly explain THC? I was just on bungie.net and MLG and then both of those were effectively killed and I moved on to PC games about a month after reach came out.

P.s. the teambeyond power rankings somehow made it onto my timeline last semester and I was so triggered I started reading the forums to make sure people agreed with me on how outrageous it was Kappa.

But seriously, I'm so happy I stumbled on here and found that something I used to love was still alive. I had no idea how much I missed following this scene.

Me and my buddy/cousin/doubles partner always said we were going to the next MLG

... and then one day you look up and realize there are no more MLGs :'(

Aw shit, turned into a sloppy nostalgia post anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dont get your hopes up....

I've got no hopes for a Formal comeback. It just shows what Hecz thinks of Maniac's ability at this point. To me at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

just pointing out what he brought to NV didn't go unnoticed.

Not unnoticed by nV, but unnoticed by lots of people who feel the need to claim he's the worst on whatever team he's on.

To those people I say:

It's not a coincidence he placed top 2 in what, 4 of the online qualifiers for NA Regionals, top 4 at NA Regionals, top 2 at Worlds, and then 3rd in S1 with a completely different roster (all of whom he had consistently outplaced in HWC circuit).

• Upvote (+1) 9

I kind of hope that OpTic gets this "magic" man as their fourth (if FormaL came back I'd be high key happy) and we see OpTic go to Finals LAN. It'd be good for the scene IMO. 

Let's be honest tho.. at this point Optic Halo finishes 8th at best for the Fall season.. I would put a "Kappa" but I'm 100% serious

IKR!!??? K/d is the only thing that matters in this game don't you know???  /S

Anybody who says that Sal is the worst player has a serious anal-oral reversal problem

The people who think Sal is bad are the same people who think Ninja is on another level than Devon

Not unnoticed by nV, but unnoticed by lots of people who feel the need to claim he's the worst on whatever team he's on.

To those people I say:

It's not a coincidence he placed top 2 in what, 4 of the online qualifiers for NA Regionals, top 4 at NA Regionals, top 2 at Worlds, and then 3rd in S1 with a completely different roster (all of whom he had consistently outplaced in HWC circuit).

dude, you are wasting your time, I did this exact same thing with cratos,

I gave the raw undisputable facts for the situation (his placing history, the correlation of slayers performing better with him, and what he does for his team)  only to be countered by saying it was just my opinion and that I clearly didn't know what I was talking about because of my rep. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's be honest tho.. at this point Optic Halo finishes 8th at best for the Fall season.. I would put a "Kappa" but I'm 100% serious

Eh, hopefully with the right 4th it will make Optic want to put in more time and effort. And honestly, for those who haven't competed, you don't understand how just one player can make a big difference.

I don't necessarily think Maniac is terrible and he definitely has his moments where he shines, but he said so himself in Vision that he's just a slower player in terms of in-game pace. They just need someone to make them excited about Halo again.

This also isn't a knock to Str8 Sick. He's a badass player, but I think he'll find success off of Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know arena means nothing, but this is funny to look at.

41J1JqB.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I clearly didn't know what I was talking about because of my rep.

Then they'll assume I know what I'm talking about because I have a gold bar, right?

Also, Cratos clearly got carried by eL ToWn and then Huke. Obviously.

Ninja tweeted he is scrimming later tonight. Maybe we will get some concrete :intel: ?

Pretty sure he's all but confirmed on EG w/ RoyBox and Victory X. They haven't been running with anyone else while he's been gone and they don't have many other options.

Granted, I'm still half expecting a 2nd shitshorm within a week of roster lock when half these new teams realize they can't hang with the top 3-4.

Then they'll assume I know what I'm talking about because I have a gold bar, right?

Also, Cratos clearly got carried by eL ToWn and then Huke. Obviously.

I thought naded and suspector carried cratos and el town?

Make one joke about my halo origins.. lemme finish it.

My Reach adventure.

-First year of H3 I was a huge noob. First xbox game and all that.

-Reach announced and I decide that if I'm going to play Halo as much as I do I may as well try to go pro. Book ticket to the first official Reach Event, Dallas 2011.

-End up getting shaded on last min so me and my teammate DreN pick up his friend Cold Diablo, and the best girl gamer around, Onyyy. I was not amused with this decision to pick up said person, as I had never spoken to them before or ever heard of em. 

-Ended up having a blast at the event. 

-Beat the 7th ranked AM team 'Rise' in WBR2 (Exerted, Willy [RIP], Windy, XeroP)

-Lost to Young Money WBR3 (Tristate, Duplication, Homicide, PopcornP) < Went on to finish Top 24

-Dren and Diablo decided to stay up all night in our hotel room and 2v2 lan Willy and XeroP while popping Addy ALL NIGHT. I was trying to sleep the entire time and they were legit playing like they were on mainstage for 6+ hours. 

-Get to the event for LBR3, Dren and Diablo stayed up all night and are on their 6th pill.

-Lost game 1 TS, win Countdown CTF 5-4, win game 3 easily.

-Play Pretty Girl Swag in LBR4, win pretty easily. Started crushing on a couple of them and ended up becoming decent friends with em after the event/online (Chaotic Midget and Teddy).

-Favourite memory looking back: Beating Justice League in LBR5. These fucking guys were a to3 on the MLG forums that would not run with me for whatever reason. 

-Lost to Wages of Sin in LBR6 (Bordie, Miskell, Shifte, Myth. Was the final match going on at the time so we had a decent crowd. Choked insanely hard in game 2 Zealot, teammate thought he capped the final flag but he missed it and they countered to win 5-4. 

-Lanned a bunch at night in the hotels.

-Another favourite memory, forget what match this was, but someone got upset on mainstage and I see the one and only Tom Tsquared Taylor sprinting from mainstage through the crowd and the AM bracket going HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT. 

-Got back from the event and point checked anyone who called me a warrior.

-Slowly lost interest as I knew I couldn't go to another event unless I were to get a job, and fuck that at the time.

-Played once in a while. Got back into it for H4, quit that after a week. 

-And now we're here.

The end.

• Upvote (+1) 7

- I was VERY young and saw my 2 step brothers playing halo 1 1v1s

- Asked them to play and they let me play the campaign and then played halo ce with them almost every day

- Halo 2 comes out and I get xbox live

- Brother makes us all accounts and names mine JaguarHunter, wanted it to be FrostyTheSnowman

- Play that game until my eyes bleed

- Do the same with halo 3

- Started to get into competitive halo

- Went to a lan but didn't play in it

- Didn't play much reach but watched it, started playing counterstrike and league of legends

- Went to MLG columbus to save mlg halo and that revived my love for halo

- Halo 4 came out and it sucked but I still played it

- Was watching one of the first AGLs on twitch and we were trolling and got banned

- Everyone makes _Evades accounts

- Evades took over the world **rip evadesgaming.webs.com** 2012-2013

- Got banned from THC for trying to free Saucey

- Attended all the AGLs that were in Tennessee because I lived like a hour away

- Makes dank memes

- ???

- Profit

Tickle_Evades reporting for duty.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh, hopefully with the right 4th it will make Optic want to put in more time and effort. And honestly, for those who haven't competed, you don't understand how just one player can make a big difference.

I don't necessarily think Maniac is terrible and he definitely has his moments where he shines, but he said so himself in Vision that he's just a slower player in terms of in-game pace. They just need someone to make them excited about Halo again.

This also isn't a knock to Str8 Sick. He's a badass player, but I think he'll find success off of Optic.

Oh I understand. It's just how many times have we heard Optic Halo say they are searching for "the right 4th" though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My best halo memory was reaching level 42 team hardcore (Halo 2; no bridging, modding, etc.) and facing Ogre 2, Ogre 1, and Walshy in a 3v3 CTF on Warlock.   I vividly remember being pinned under Blue 1 and being afraid to leave the base lol.  I got 2 kills and my friend got goosed.  Facing pros back then was way more exciting than it is today.  I know it made our night!

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT but any of you guys know the difference between Scuf concave sticks and the Xbox Default ones? And which one is better?

Delete if too OT.

I have the scuf concave mediums. I like them a lot. The top is a tad flatter than the xb1 sticks so it doesn't feel like a huge indentation like you do on the xb1. The sticks themselves take less effort to move compared to the xb1. So if you were to pull a stick to one side and let it snap back to the middle, it's less...aggressive? I guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So if I have a Shadowrun LAN, are you coming?

Weve talked about this twice. Once online after you randomly joined me and my buds for a night of matchmaking, and again in St Louis last year. Stop teasing.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Oh I understand. It's just how many times have we heard Optic Halo say they are searching for "the right 4th" though?

I have faith, i think ultimately they need to be having more fun with practice to get the results they need.  I don't mean like they should fuck around during practice i mean like they need to be enjoying practice or not feel like theyre under a ton of pressure.  Who ever they get, the morale needs to improve.  Also, if they go with heinz that will be interesting because str8 sick tended to do work with power weapons, and heinz is great but that has never really been his play style.  We'll see what happens but i can see them getting better.

My Halo origins: 

As a kid used to have a friend who was obsessed with Halo. He was a 3/Reach squeaker. We played Firefight a few times but I never really got into games until about two years back. 

I was going through a first round of revisions for what is now my second published book and my editor suggested checking out some other well established science fiction franchises to compare them to mine. After stumbling around I managed to find Halopedia and became a huge fan of the lore. 

Year down the road I was extremely involved in the community and saw that they were having an H2A invitational and I decided to watch. 

I remember being a big fan of aPG and really liked the BtH roster because of the name and the fact they beat Str8 Rippin (IIRC) so from there I kept up with the scene. 

SO I guess I'm an H2A kid. 

Also I've never owned a console due to the parents being against games as a "waste of time" so I keep such things on the down and low. I have played H:CE on PC and really enjoy it now and again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

My Halo story:

July 22nd, 2002- Played Halo CE for the first time

April 19th, 2015- Got 100-0'd on Lockdown Oddball by CLG on LAN 

October 30th, 2015- Played in the first ever live streamed tournament match of H5 (we lost bad)

April 30th, 2016: Walshy bought me Tim Horton's breakfast at EGLX bc I gave him rides to the venue all weekend

May 1st, 2016: Retired while on top

• Upvote (+1) 8

My Halo story:

July 22nd, 2002- Played Halo CE for the first time

Thats my birthday

• Upvote (+1) 2