CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What sucks though is that I feel I was unlucky starting out at the end of the Halo 3 life cycle competitively speaking. I never got to see players like Karma, or Ghostayame, Shockwave play. And that's when players that were regarded as legends  started to do poorly like Neighbor, Tsquared, Walshy, Strongside (he didn't really do poorly but he wasn't talked about as much) compared to their placings a like a year or two earlier. I actually thought that Snipedown was going to quit in Reach.

https://youtu.be/Nx11MXbxhT0?t=5m31s

Then the Great Halo Depression happened and it seemed like everyone stopped playing but I still wanted to compete and it was like "Do I just keep playing or move on?" because of lack of tournaments and barely anyone on my friends list wanted to play competitively or even play at all anymore. I solo'd the hell out of the MLG playlist but I felt like I was the only one that still wanted to compete for a while.

hope it's not too late to reminisce.

First played halo in '01, got an xbox and halo christmas of '02 (the one with jsrf).

Lived in a tiny town, only played with one friend, mostly campaign.

Occasionally played halo ce ffa's with 3/4 people.  My cousins and I always took an xbox and halo ce on vacation in the 2002-2004 years.

Halo 2 came out, still played mostly campaign until I visited a cousin and he had xbox live.  he also told me about mlg.

Played a lot more mp with xbl.  got more into mlg following the usa show.  

Spent most of my time on bungie.net forums and joined the mlg forums in '07, where I lurked for a couple years.  

Followed mlg quite a lot between '07-'09.  Those were the years where I got more competitive.

Started college in '09 and was busy.  '09 national championship was the last event I paid much attention to.  

Occasionally checked in on mlg after reach came out, but never found the game entertaining from a competitive standpoint.  Killed time playing stupid forge stuff or team snipers.   

I remember mlg dropping halo.  

Honestly didn't know about agl or any of the halo 4 scene.  I played halo 4 a little bit but just casually.  

So hyped when mcc was announced.  Found out about the hcs stuff, saw all these names that I hadn't seen in years.  Kind of blew my mind.  Started following the scene again.  

Not a huge fan of halo 5, but I'm happy the scene is still alive.  

Weird memory I have is seeing a t2 dr pepper in a store when I was in high school and I specifically didn't buy it because I was not a fan of str8 rippin at the time and I thought halo would only get bigger so I could just wait and buy one with ola on it later.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

CoD Champs ends September 4th right. I mean, they have a 2 month break until November 4th with Infinite Warfare so it isn't that farfetched.

Don't forget, he won a Halo and Call of Duty tournament a week apart.

CoD has another event after Champs. UMG Orlando, $100k prize pool in october.

How is RyaNoob not on a team?

Has he burned that many bridges? I feel like there are worse players on other teams, namely maniac and victory x. I cannot believe Hec'z is allowing maniac and flame to remain apart of the optic halo roster. At this point it is clear, he just doesn't give a shit about this scene, otherwise, he would have stepped in. I think the reason he has not pulled the plug is more out of loyalty to maniac and flame rather than an interest in our scene and not seeing it as a genuine opportunity to grow the fanbase. 

I cannot think of another reason why hec'z would just let this team continuously diminish and tarnish the image/reputation of optic. Fact of the matter is he doesn't care.

I'll never be able to tell now whether people are negging you because you used to ask for negs or if they actually disagree with you.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 8

4am H3 MLG Playlist and catching Power on their host. You're getting the L. 

Everyone hated Joe. Back then we both were big dudes so we just liked each other and dared anyone to really check us. 

Who remembers the night Walshy posted on the MLG Forums calling 2gre out for posting on his girlfriends account before he was dropped? That was like the only time I felt Final Boss took a heel turn. That was pure epicness. 

CoD has another event after Champs. UMG Orlando, $100k prize pool in october.

That's if they go, they have dipped on UMG before

• Upvote (+1) 1

> Halo CE.  Hmm what's this?  Cool campaign turns into going to lan center and playing on massive Tube TVs with local kids who all think they are gods

> Halo 2 --xbox live-- 'nuff said

> Halo 3, played obsessively with my older brother.  Every weekend, you know the grind.. 9am - 3am until Dad comes down yelling at you to STFU cuz it's 3 in the fucking morning.  He doesn't know you just landed the 24-24 tiebreaker headshot.  Silly Dad.

> learned about MLG the summer after my senior year of HS in 2009.  

> spent the summer rewatching every rebroadcast I could get my hands on.  

> Football camp freshman year of college, I spent my downtime continuing to binge watch in my room

>it was a disease, I was afflicted and addicted.

>Dallas 2009, watched the entire event live.  Carbon vs. Str8 Rippin.......  Heard that Naded roar of "OH MY [email protected]%[email protected] GOD' for the first time ever live and there it was.  Favorite player of all time.  Favorite game of all time.  Never looked back.

Love this community.

-jDot out

• Upvote (+1) 4

This has nothing to do with Halo, but the OpTic CS House is fucking dope.

That pool, holy shit.  

That's if they go, they have dipped on UMG before

When?

I know it's just a month after XP but a 100k prize pool is no joke.  

How is RyaNoob not on a team?

he's been one o my fav players for a long time and I am also perplexed on why he's not a team as of now. Maybe Optic is hoping that reuniting half of Infamous will help them beat CLG haha

So if I have a ShadowRun Lan, are you coming?

Don't you tease me with a good time now.

I'd drop every responsibility I have to go to one. We brought a bunch of xboxes and shadowrun discs to Gamers For Giving last year and I got to play a bunch with Strongside. He really enjoyed it, didn't even want to bother playing H1. There's a guy in Illinois who just moved into a house who'd host a LAN, but I'm working to get something more legit set up at G4G this year.

Shadowrun needs to do a "beachLAN" like Halo CE does... one can dream. edit: Talked to Nistic at the LAN and he would want to play too.

Str8 Sick is 100% gone, starts at 18:55

Manaic is 100% playing too.

I can not describe how jealous I am of that house. Imagine the parties  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everytime I watch Hecz talking with Maniac it's like watching an adult talking with a child who did something wrong but tries to cover it up poorly.

Yea, I'm not sure why that is. Like everyone in the house stands their ground it seems. Whenever Maniac talks with him (Hecz) he seems to be a tad frightened? I mean, he isn't camera shy and he only see a few glimpses of it through Vision but this has been going on since forever. Not sure why that is.

Hecz seems like a nice and straight forward guy, so I don't think it's him. Just weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1