CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How is RyaNoob not on a team?

Has he burned that many bridges? I feel like there are worse players on other teams, namely maniac and victory x. I cannot believe Hec'z is allowing maniac and flame to remain apart of the optic halo roster. At this point it is clear, he just doesn't give a shit about this scene, otherwise, he would have stepped in. I think the reason he has not pulled the plug is more out of loyalty to maniac and flame rather than an interest in our scene and not seeing it as a genuine opportunity to grow the fanbase. 

I cannot think of another reason why hec'z would just let this team continuously diminish and tarnish the image/reputation of optic. Fact of the matter is he doesn't care.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The community was so big back then yet everyone knew each other. Just look at how many random am kids have been mentioned that everyone knew. Sure, I don't have the time to invest in the scene like I did when I was younger but I barely know anyone outside of the top 16 where as I used to know everyone inside the top 32 and even some players past that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The community was so big back then yet everyone knew each other. Just look at how many random am kids have been mentioned that everyone knew. Sure, I don't have the time to invest in the scene like I did when I was younger but I barely know anyone outside of the top 16 where as I used to know everyone inside the top 32 and even some players past that.

07 H2 through 2009 H3 were really the golden years. Way ahead of the times too. Part of me hopes to see Halo make it back, but another part of me doesn't see the possibility with the misses lately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is RyaNoob not on a team?

Has he burned that many bridges? I feel like there are worse players on other teams, namely maniac and victory x. I cannot believe Hec'z is allowing maniac and flame to remain apart of the optic halo roster. At this point it is clear, he just doesn't give a shit about this scene, otherwise, he would have stepped in. I think the reason he has not pulled the plug is more out of loyalty to maniac and flame rather than an interest in our scene and not seeing it as a genuine opportunity to grow the fanbase.

I cannot think of another reason why hec'z would just let this team to continuously diminish and tarnish the image/reputation of optic. Fact of the matter is he doesn't care.

Ryanoob is probably the worst "pro" player so is no surprise nobody wants him.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Lmao people will say anything to make it look like they've played Halo for the longest. Born in 2000 and playing in 2004 hahahaha. I was born in 90 and  started playing Halo in '95

What?

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn the nostalgia. Really the golden age of Halo. So much competition. Ghetto was literally the best man, easily the best out of all of them.

el town was pretty huge too. thought he was always gonna be an online kid with xpulzion and bioshock. then he started placing top 2 lol. Dont think anyone saw that coming

Anyone remember napkin or xlek? kids were the biggest stats ever but good lowkey.

Ghetto is still sick af. I teamed with Pandafiness, Xpulzion and Byoshock at Dallas 2009 and beat Revamp, Jordan, Pitbull and Foley to make it out. Literally the BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE ive ever had. The series before I had close to 20 headshots with sniper on Narrows. (not an exaggeration)

I bought Halo the day it came out and had to read the manual till I could open it up on Christmas day. (it was torture) Halo 1 is my one true love - I just loved the competitive scene so much I kept practicing and learning. I've played the campaign in Halo 1 at least 100 times - it never gets old for me.

MLG days: http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Knighty_Knight

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry this is so long. I honestly left a ton of stuff out.

• My mom bought me Halo CE while I was in third grade when I had my tonsils taken out. We played Co-Op and beat the game. When we got the the light bridge in the 2nd level we were literally whispering to each other for some reason thinking the enemies would hear us. That's how revolutionary the game was.
  • Summer 2004 my county in NJ hosted a rugby tournament and we had a really good Canadian team fly down. Was my first and only 16 man LAN on CE with 4 xboxes and 4 tv's. I was good but didn't get a reality check until H2.
  • 2005 Halo 2 comes out and became the first game in my school that a majority of my friends played. Ditched them to play with my RBS3 buddies as we started to dominate Major Clan Match
  • Finally found 3 skilled players in my city, joined 2 of them on the clan "Killing Sprees" who was up on the bungie leaderboards.
  • Didn't hear about MLG until MTV's Best Gamer on Campus with T2 and Zyos. Started playing these settings with friends but didn't know about the forums yet.
  • Lurked the forums for a while until 06 where I found out about MLG New York. Spectated then signed up on the forums after.
  • Learned about NJ Halo from the forums. Went with the best players in my city, won a round and got absolutely massacred in the 2nd. Teammates lost motivation while I was motivated to improve.
  • Was in Orlando in 06 for a vacation coincidentally when MLG was taking place. Spectated again.
  • Shattered my leg playing Rugby and thus started my actual grind to being a competitor where I could put dumb hours into the game.
  • Played FFA's for weeks straight with Heinz before he ever went to an event. He'd finish with 20+ kills more than 2nd place almost every game. Remember going nuts cheering him on for his first event.
  • Went to meadowlands 07 like an idiot on meds with locals and got destroyed. Didn't compete at an event till meadowlands 08.
  • Was like 24th for the gambattles MLG opener qualifiers. Had the team pass reserved and our team broke up 2 weeks before the event. It was RyoNeSs, Obiii, WhyYaCryin and myself. RyoNess and Obi picked up T for Techn9ne and i THINK Gunshiii. I went with J Mos Def, xPatey and OMG Blaze. We destroyed Tensor in warm ups.
  • At the same event I watched my boy iMilk from NJ upset I think Assault to place 13th. Was the first time I ever saw an MLG check.
  • Made it out to Orlando but coached some friends I knew down there but they let me play in the first round which we won.
  • Between 08 and 09 I went to many many LANs in North NJ like 5 minutes from my house. We'd have good NJ talent like Midge, Polak, Pistol, Fielder Mode, Milk, Puckett, Nexy, DMAQ, Killa KC, and a slew of others. One time Milk got so drunk he puked on kamandaboom's xbox LOL.
  • Went to meadowlands 09 with friends, losers 2nd round. Probably the worst locals I've ever played with. Had no real interest in Halo 3 after becoming active on XBC playing H1.
  • Continued playing H1 until Halo Reach. Literally gave reach to a friend for free and gave up on Halo and found an arcade game called Monday Night Combat that I played competitively for 5 years.
  • Got into Shadowrun in 2012
  • Started playing nothing but obscure skill based FPS games until Halo 5 came out.
  • Was convinced to get H5 by a friend who was a top Shadowrun player. Tried making a team with him and another top shadowrun player and grinded the whole first season in what turned out to be a complete waste time.
  • Lost interest in H5 again, and started focusing more on playing Halo CE. Seems like I always end up where I started. That's the circle of life.

@@Elamite I never forget anything Shadowrun  :simms:

So if I have a Shadowrun LAN, are you coming?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So you teamed with Axman? He was from Jersey if I remember and he was pretty cool. If so did you not have an E in your name at that point? I feel like I remember a Saucy, not Saucey.

Yeah I teamed with Axman in 2008 for an event. He was a nice guy for sure. 

I always had an E in my name, I actually beat the other "Saucy" at an event too haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 Sick is 100% gone, starts at 18:55

Manaic is 100% playing too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Soo.. Do you think Ryannoob is better than someone on the pro teams ??

Optic gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hecz is trolling. Formal is not coming back to Halo. Don't get your hopes up, boys.

Honestly, the more issues I see with CoD and how they run  things. Also the fact that the players have to use some stupid switch thing that causes controller lag for champs. I do think Formal will be back to halo at some point. I don't think it will be this year, but I do think he'll come back.

So, Optic Halo players have a salary, interesting..

Yea they mentioned that in the last vision. They get free rent, salary, earnings(probably with a small cut to the org). An environment to foster a good youtube career. They have it made in the shade if they step it up.

CoD Champs ends September 4th right. I mean, they have a 2 month break until November 4th with Infinite Warfare so it isn't that farfetched.

Don't forget, he won a Halo and Call of Duty tournament a week apart.

• Upvote (+1) 6

OT but any of you guys know the difference between Scuf concave sticks and the Xbox Default ones? And which one is better?

Delete if too OT.