CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This community interaction

CSqgJ.gif

Something which is clearly too good for 343 to do.

Again, incompetence from Che and 343.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I write too much as it is. I'll try and make a list that doesn't look like a research paper.

@@Elamite, it's not Halo, but I'd def say placing 6th at the Shadowrun 07 Finals as a last minute pick up is a pretty good accomplishment to add.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm fairly new to the Halo pro scene but ill share my experience!

• Dad got me Halo 2 and the first xbox back in 04/05 for Christmas
  • didnt play many video games back then but i always played 2 consistantly and those were Halo 2s campaign and Burnout 3 
  • i never played H2 online i never had interest in it, i think i was just uneducated about XBL at the time
  • 2007 comes and BOOM wanted a wii so bad but they were all sold out so i "settled" for a 360 (thank the lord)  :simms:
  • High school starts and i meet my best friend and we are both super excited to play Halo 3
  • Halo 3 comes out and ive never been more addicted to playing a game and having so much fun with friends!
  • As for the Pro scene i used to watch some matches of H2 and H3 back when they had a video game channel on TV but i never really went out of my way to watch them. (I was a fairly casual gamer)
  • ODST, Reach, H4 were great Social/casual games which is what i was back then so i enjoyed them  :mj:
  • Then MCC came out and thats were i started watching Ninja, his streams made the MCC time period fun for me when the game couldn't
  • and thats when i actually got into the Pro Scene and made an account here! 
  • I love watching Pro Halo and lurking these forums :beyond:
  • #Numba1Lurker
  • Upvote (+1) 5

You weren't even so bad about the online stuff in the H3 playlist or at least not compared to some of the mythical beasts like Ulrich. That man could soar top mid on Narrows through snipe bullets and a 3 way team shot without dying lol.

There were a few people I always had trouble with in Halo 3 online, it was like this giant circle of online warriors and we all knew / hated eachother.

Skary

Swipuh

Omega

Villuh

zNightmare

Ulrich

Fraguh

Anyone from the EU/Europe was impossible if they had host

• Upvote (+1) 3

I write too much as it is. I'll try and make a list that doesn't look like a research paper.

@@Elamite, it's not Halo, but I'd def say placing 6th at the Shadowrun 07 Finals as a last minute pick up is a pretty good accomplishment to add.

Haha I forgot about that for a minute

There were a few people I always had trouble with in Halo 3 online, it was like this giant circle of online warriors and we all knew / hated eachother.

Skary

Swipuh

Omega

Villuh

zNightmare

Ulrich

Fraguh

Phaint.

A lot of these people were on the same teams together which made it even worse.

I had trouble with a lot of the NY scene too. Element, Jordan, etc.

I love H3. :(

I remember back in the H2 days the running joke- well wasn't really a joke b/c 9 times out of 10 it was true- was that anyone with KSI ___ in their name was straight trash. It was so ironic too b/c it seemed like every one of them were 12 year old boys who talked more  :poop: than anyone. And I talk a lot of  :poop: .

Oh jesus i forgot about clans.  I was in XGC back in the day.  We were indoctrinated to hate KSI, and that was backed up pretty much every time i played against some KSI-branded players.  They would talk shit pre-game then suck big balls.

I have pretty much always had "Apollo" be a part of my gamertag since day one. Just got as OG as i could with the last gamertag release from Microsoft with Apoll0, which made me happy.

My favorite alt tag was: SandpaperHanJob

• Upvote (+1) 1

Phaint.

A lot of these people were on the same teams together which made it even worse.

I had trouble with a lot of the NY scene too. Element, Jordan, etc.

I love H3. :(

LOL Jordan man.... Element.. Bone Chilla, zghetto, Reese, Xinity, 

Then you had NJ/CT kids, like Twylight, Phurium, Phaint, Aptitude, Fraguh, Gratitude, Russo

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Halo 3 scene was so much more hilarious than our current scene man. I miss that shit. 

Got me all sentimental over here. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

• didnt play many video games back then but i always played 2 consistantly and those were Halo 2s campaign and Burnout 3

This was the first and only racing game I've ever loved on the Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL Jordan man.... Element.. Bone Chilla, zghetto, Reese, Xinity, 

Then you had NJ/CT kids, like Twylight, Phurium, Phaint, Aptitude, Fraguh, Gratitude, Russo

The more you think about it, the more each region had it's own warrior playlist kids who all played together.

Florida (Too many to name)

Texas (Zildjian and friends)

Georgia (Ali and all of Echelon drove me insane until I stood behind them while they got LBR2 at Dallas)

Michigan (Lethul, Ulrich, etc)

Cali

Life was tough here in Indiana... haha

Skary

Swipuh

Omega

Villuh

zNightmare

Ulrich

Fraguh

Wasn't Tensor in that group of people? I remember hearing about him being one of the online warriors but I can't remember. I think he was one of the "Golden Ticket Winners" with Naded and Karma

I hated you

I beat you at an event before we had sprint and ground pounds. 

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 7

<p>

I'm fairly new to the Halo pro scene but ill share my experience!

• Dad got me Halo 2 and the first xbox back in 04/05 for Christmas
  • i never played H2 online i never had interest in it, i think i was just uneducated about XBL at the time
  • 2007 comes and BOOM wanted a wii so bad but they were all sold out so i "settled" for a 360 (thank the lord) :simms:
  • High school starts and i meet my best friend and we are both super excited to play Halo 3
  • Halo 3 comes out and ive never been more addicted to playing a game and having so much fun with friends!
  • As for the Pro scene i used to watch some matches of H2 and H3 back when they had a video game channel on TV but i never really went out of my way to watch them. (I was a fairly casual gamer)
  • ODST, Reach, H4 were great Social/casual games which is what i was back then so i enjoyed them :mj:
  • Then MCC came out and thats were i started watching Ninja, his streams made the MCC time period fun for me when the game couldn't
  • and thats when i actually got into the Pro Scene and made an account here!
  • I love watching Pro Halo and lurking these forums :beyond:
  • #Numba1Lurker

Shouldnt you add that you got goosed on stream?

• Upvote (+1) 3

-Dylan, my friend, invites me over to hang out and we play a game called Halo: CE around 2002 or 2003

-Play Halo with him frequently whenever I went to his house

-I get a ps2 and grind Lego star Wars and Battlefront, completely forgot about halo until 2008

-My friend Jesse had Halo 3, and I realized I wanted to buy an xbox 360 with Halo 3

-I get one for my birthday in 2009, didn't get xbl until march of 2010 ,so I played campaign for the time being

-I was mostly a casual custom games kids, didn't one play mm too much cause I was afraid I would let my team down

-Was lurking on bnet one day and clicked on some link that led me to mlg's website, and caught the last match between SQ and Impact at MLG Dallas 2011.

-Was hooked on competitive halo throughout Reach's life cycle

-Endured the dark days of halo 4, I stopped playing but made a point to watch all of the AGLs

-Got hyped for MCC and bought an xbox one solely for it, but words can not explain my disappointment 

-Vowed I wouldn't buy Halo 5, ended up buying it for the campaign (which sucked ass)

-Was butthurt cause all of my friends grinded mm and were so much better than me

-Thought about selling my xbox one and switching over to pc gaming

-Realized that Halo 5 wasn't that bad of a game and that it was worth putting time into

-Spend a lot of time trying to convince my friend H2 Logic that H5 isn't that bad of a game so I can have my duo back, and here I am today

• Upvote (+1) 4

I beat you at an event before we had sprint and ground pounds.

:simms:

I knew you were gonna bring up this conso shit. TJ fucked my team over that event and we picked up Slayz last second lol

Lethul left us to team with Ninja, Nate, and Aye Rab. Then they bailed on him and TJ couldn't go to the event anymore lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

I knew you were gonna bring up this conso shit. TJ fucked my team over that event and we picked up Slayz last second lol

LOL. 

"On your host" - Aptitude 

Wasn't Tensor in that group of people? I remember hearing about him being one of the online warriors but I can't remember. I think he was one of the "Golden Ticket Winners" with Naded and Karma

I never thought Tensor was very good (in my opinion) and I never had trouble against him personally. Pretty sure that golden ticket team didnt even make it out of am.

Halo 3 online was kind of just like, if you lived on the west coast or in Europe, you pulled host, and you knew how to play and the basics on how to win and not miss shots, you basically won every game, even if you werent as good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never thought Tensor was very good (in my opinion) and I never had trouble against him personally. Pretty sure that golden ticket team didnt even make it out of am.

Halo 3 online was kind of just like, if you lived on the west coast or in Europe, you pulled host, and you knew how to play and the basics on how to win and not miss shots, you basically won every game, even if you werent as good.

Yeah I think the other dude was Tetra Shot. They did baaaad.

And yeah, such is life. I live in Arkansas and went 6-8 in Gamebattles 1v1's before just going back to MM. Amplified 1v1's = death

• At the age of 7/8 years old my friends bigger brother bought Halo CE at midnight release, and we played that night for the first time, and where my love for Halo started
  • 2004 my other friend got Halo 2 for his birthday, and we four player split screened on his 32 inch tube and to this day Halo 2 is my favorite Halo of all time
  • 2006 is when I was first introduced to MLG. I remember watching it on USA, and I loved watching Halo on TV, and competitive Halo.
  • Picture of me and my friends splitting a 20 inch TV on Halo 2
38bb92ebeb4bd2d3d1992a1c81272ec7.png
  • 2008-09 I started attending my first local tournaments at the GrandLAN for those Michigan kids. That's where I met @@Mikwen, and @@LethuL and other great people, and long time friends for the first time.
  • In 2010 I went to my first MLG event at MLG Columbus. I placed in the Top 68 (4/5th round?) with a pick up fourth because our original never showed.
  • 2010 MLG Chicago Combine we got 6th round with a local group
fe0246c6f8bb8d31b00ec6b488c78a13.png
  • Last event I went to was Columbus 2011
  • Midnight release of Halo 4 I won a Reach FFA at a gamestore. Won $100, and case of redbull.
Memorable moments in Michigan.
  • Sayper LAN
  • LANing with Walshy for the first time
  • Gamers for Giving/Gamers Outreach
  • Brutus LANs

lol I used to drive up to those GrandLans and hang out while @@Mikwen played. (for a while he was too young to go by himself) There was some sushi place or something right be there that he always wanted to walk to but Rippen would only eat Chicken Nuggets.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah I think the other dude was Tetra Shot. They did baaaad.

And yeah, such is life. I live in Arkansas and went 6-8 in Gamebattles 1v1's before just going back to MM. Amplified 1v1's = death

GB Amplified 1v1s were probably some of the most rage inducing games I have ever played.

I will say though at one point during H3 I played like 100 GB 1v1 matches, and it really improved my gameplay.

I was in the top  on the ladder with dudes like Ninja, Nate, Mac, Aye Rab, CRICKCITY(kill me), etc.

If anyone remembers "Aye Rab" he was probably the best player I have ever seen, like current Formal levels. But he quit randomly after H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2