CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is how I remembered you for such a long time, especially during H3.  Always thought it was hilarious how much you used to talk shit to people.  

But I did hate you because even though I had host 9/10 games I played in H3, I could NEVER FUCKING EVER kill you when you soared at me from Pink 3.  I would rage so hard.  Your gamertag lived up to its name.

It was Halo 3 shot registration being so poor + something to do with my connection. I had a middle of the road connection that allowed me to do some crazy shit online, and once I realize it I would just do things on purpose to mess with peoples mental game.

Like why is this guy jumping off the top of P3, and none of my shots are doing anything to him and he just 4'd me across the map. You know whoever I did that to was bitching about it for the next 5 minutes de-railing his teammates and the game haha.

• Upvote (+1) 4

• Join Pure and finish poorly.

Hah, I remember this. I believe they picked you up last second to hold the 16th seed or something.

I Played video games from early elementary school but mainly Gameboy and sport games on PS2

Dad bought a 360 when it came out and me and him shared it. Only exclusively played the game 'Lost Planet' till around 2008 when my best friend down the street who was a year older introduced me to Halo 3

I sucked for awhile since I was kinda young but mainly ran customs with friends/ ppl we met on Xbox. Eventually I got into playing ranked playlists.

Kinda of became addicted to trying to get a 50. Have been in love with Halo since.

Somehow I didn't find out about MLG till the end of Halo Reach however I went back and watched every tournament from h2 and h3 and I gained a lot of knowledge about the scene quickly. I have been following the scene now since 2011 :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hah, I remember this. I believe they picked you up last second to hold the 16th seed or something.

We could have been good, almost beat a lot of teams, I can still picture the moments I watched people choke to lose games and series....it was painful

-Had a PS2, played plenty of Halo 2 at cousins houses

- Watched Halo 2 on USA every week when it aired, loved every second of it.

-Asked for a xbox 360 for Christmas in 2007, got an Xbox along with Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, and GoW

-Got Xbox live a month later and signed up up on MLGs website

- Played > 5,000 games of H3 and thousands of posts on the old MLG forums, made plenty of friends on the forums, made the migration to THC and then to here thanks to @@CyReN and the staff

-Played a good amount of reach but gave up by mid 2011

-Hyped for halo 4, gave it up by the second month

-All my friends got xbox ones for MCC, got back into the scene watching and playing

- Now making new friends and shitposting in a completely different halo generation

EDIT: Got banned about 4 times on the old forums in the OT

• Upvote (+1) 7

-I just turned 11

-Dad got me and my brother an Xbox for Christmas the year it released

-Dad gives me project Gotham Racing cause I'm into cars

-Brother gets Halo probably cause my dad thought it looked cool

-after a month of racing I try Halo. Fall in love. play every day for hours, finally get good enough to try legendary.

-friends comes over who had never played, he sucks. Still make it to the Maw on Legendary. He dies in the hog, I make it to the end and die on the run into pelican

- I flip throw my controller. It breaks. Friend has to go home, I'm grounded.

-Eventually beat it, start playing multi with my friends constantly

-get pretty good and Halo 2 comes out

-No live at home so we play at my friends house. Won't let me play with a mic cause I beat people and talk trash cause I'm a little shit

-finally get Live first GT IK1CKASS (yes really I was 14)

-get better then all my friends hit 45 in slayer get modded constantly

-Halo 3 comes out way beyond my friends now play solo. Find a kid who lives near me in Alberta, become duo.

-tryhards in Doubles become unbeatable. Get 50's in dubs, lone wolves, slayer and swat.

-start doing game battles but we don't go far can't find a consistent 4th. Keep grinding doubles and MLG.

-side note fully believe we were the number one rocket race team out there.

-reach drives everyone I play with away, I keep grinding because Halo is life. My decline starts soloing everything

-Halo 4 brings some friends back but they leave almost immediately because Halo 4.

-I still play it a lot cause I love Halo but I know the game is trash

-eventually quit gaming for awhile and become washed

-MCC I thought this would be our savior of a game, ends up being a trash can. Still soloing

-H5 very washed, first Halo game I've struggled with. Couple friends come back for awhile. Eventually get the hang of it. Everyone but one leaves.

-find out my one friend used to go to events start playing with his old team occasionally. Still mostly Soloing but finally good at Halo again. Mid Onyx Arena, Champ in FFA

-probably in the top 1% of hours logged across all Halo titles. I love this game, even the shitty parts and will probably never quit.

-This ended up way longer than I thought it would

• Upvote (+1) 8

Real Life: I never played a Halo Campaign except Halo 2.

Real Life: I had a Motorola Surfboard Modem during Halo 2.

-I just turned 11

Wow, great to see such a young fan be so involved for so long!  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, great to see such a young fan be so involved for so long!  :intensifies:

The hard part was setting up the tube tv in the crib  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played every Halo title for countless hours. It has been a large part of my life; I can even tell you the story how Halo maybe saved my life. Never got into competitive because I suck and I am to old. But that haven't bothered me. I love watching Halo esport...maybe more than playing Halo for the moment. Thank God for Beyond, without it the competitive side of Halo would be boring, maybe dead.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll join the nostalgia  :simms:

-I used to get invited over to my friends house every weekend after our little league baseball games to play this game "Halo" but I always declined and said I wasn't a nerd

-Finally gave in one saturday and I was hooked

-We went on to system link CE literally every single weekend with my fondest memories being CTF Bloodgulch or Braveheart on Bloodgulch (anyone remember that?)

-I was always the kid driving ghosts/gunning the warthog/crouching corners with dual needlers; I wasn't too skilled at the game but I fucking LOVED it

-Eventually got my own Xbox but had dial-up so I would run campaign by myself for hours to get my Halo fix

-We carried on throughout H2 having LANs every weekend usually based around our athletics schedule

-Really got into the competitive side when H3 released and it took over any and all free time

-I used to leave football practice and rush home to play Halo until 3-4am, go to class and sleep, and repeat literally every. single. day.

-It took about a year of playing H3 until I started getting better than all my local friends and I got into the competitive side of gaming

-Learned about MLG and started grinding hard, bought a monitor, a40s, etc.

-Attended Columbus 09 as a late FA pickup and played under Zippers Down

-Tried to play Reach and H4 but like everyone else things just weren't the same

-Quit Halo for years until an old teammate contacted me about news of MCC and I bought an Xbox One just to play

-Even with how much the game was broken it brought back my love for Halo and how much I enjoy playing and competing

-Now I'm graduating college at 25, still playing Halo, and still loving the community like always

• Upvote (+1) 5

You guys all have some very interesting Halo stories. I wish Halo was as popular as it used to be.

I'm a '12 kid, I was a huge Zelda fan on the Wii for the longest time. I played Halo 3 at my friend's house in 2010, but didn't like it much (I used to hate BR starts, lol). When H4 came out, I decided I might as well get an Xbox. Played H4 with some friends, until I felt I should go back and play the older games. I went and bought CEA, and played that game for a long time. Then went and bought Reach and loved it, me and my friends would play custom games for hours. The campaign was my favourite part of Halo to begin with. I then watched the H4 Championship FFA tournament, and I wanted to be able to play like those players. When MCC came out, I wanted to buy it immediately except it was so broken I didn't want to drop my money on it. I then bought it in December, and started to keep up with the H2A HCS scene. I used to love AR/SMG starts (lol), until I began watching the HCS and it showed me how much better it is spawning without radar and a weak gun. I fell in love with CE and H3 during MCC's broken history.

During this time, I went on the Waypoint forums and was surprised by how people were defending 343i over MCC. No one really cared about the HCS over there, either. Just a few months ago, I was bored and just decided to make an account here and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Got Halo 5 3 days after its launch, and I'm still disappointed in how it launched. Still hoping for a no radar playlist with toned down autos, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was just looking at the "rumored" teams, and was curious about Heinz and Ryanoob. Are they not playing with any of the top 8 rosters from Pro League?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just looking at the "rumored" teams, and was curious about Heinz and Ryanoob. Are they not playing with any of the top 8 rosters from Pro League?

Str8 is gone from Optic. There are rumours Heinz is on the way to Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

- Nintendo/PS2 Kid

- Get my first Xbox in January of 2008

- Comes with Forza and Halo 3

- Get addicted to Halo 3

- Discover a Tom "Tsquared" Taylor fragging like a pro tip video

- Discover Christ Puckett and MLG

- Watch T2, Elamite, Legit, and Snip3down go on a tear at Las Vegas 2008

The rest is history.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was Halo 3 shot registration being so poor + something to do with my connection. I had a middle of the road connection that allowed me to do some crazy shit online, and once I realize it I would just do things on purpose to mess with peoples mental game.

Like why is this guy jumping off the top of P3, and none of my shots are doing anything to him and he just 4'd me across the map. You know whoever I did that to was bitching about it for the next 5 minutes de-railing his teammates and the game haha.

You weren't even so bad about the online stuff in the H3 playlist or at least not compared to some of the mythical beasts like Ulrich. That man could soar top mid on Narrows through snipe bullets and a 3 way team shot without dying lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My "how I got here" story (putting in spoiler tag because I type too much)

tldr version: Played since CE (console FPS since Goldeneye), followed MLG since 08

-Played Halo in 2002/2003 with some upperclassmen I was friends with, traveling to one's apartment as a group of 4-6 people for game night about once a month.  Bottom/bottom 2 would swap out each game.

-Got an XBox for Steel Battalion in 2002, but power cord shorted out the entire system, I had a RRoD before I knew it was a thing.

-Halo 2 comes out, really want to play it, but have no XBox.  Friend who hasn't graduated brings his XBox over, we play Halo 2 campaign all the way through in one night.

-Invite him over a lot more because Halo 2 was fun as hell, and online multiplayer stuff.

-End up borrowing his XBox when he gets a PC strong enough to run good games.  Play hundreds/thousands of hours of basically every playlist, but with most of the time in BTB.

-Get a job before H3 comes out, buy 360+game after Hellgate: London bombs miserably on PC.  Play thousands of hours.

-Join H3Wheelmen online/BTB community about driving warthogs.

-Hear one of them talking about MLG.

-Watch 08 National Championships Instinct vs Str8 Rippin.  Get hooked.

-Forum Warrior for 3 years.

-Help KC with game testing for late Halo 3 versions and Halo Reach MLG settings.

-Attended Columbus 2011 as Spectator (Wanted to see Losira in SC2)

-Send Walshy a message about spawns on Nexus KotH in Reach.  Get asked to coach Turning Point.

-Coach Turning Point at Orlando 2011, lose to Active Rush on mainstage for top 8.

-Get asked by KC and Lies to do writing for League of Legends at MLG Providence 2011.  Can't coach Turning Point. :(

-No LoL at Columbus 2012, coach Elitest/Gimme My Money.

-No Halo anymore, but LoL for the rest of 2012, so still get to go to MLG events as staff.

-Riot decides to monopolize their game, no more working for MLG.

-Didn't plan on buying Halo 4 because didn't enjoy Reach and changes looked bad.

-Friend from H3 days convinces me to buy it, says game was good.

-Reverse engineer H4 spawn system because it's different than previous Halos.

-Help Gh057Ayame with competitive H4 settings because of work with spawn system.

-Leave Halo to go back to LoL because paid work > working on bad game.

-Come back for MCC with high hopes for Forge mode.

-Friend who said H4 was good now working with esports org because of Titanfall competitive scene.  Gets me to coach team he works for, eLevate.

-Sucked at coaching, got dropped, stuck around scene this time.

-Started to leave scene to be analyst for Winterfox LoL team, but wasn't paid work in off-season.  Mikwen asks me to be analyst of Team Liquid in Halo 5.  I interview, I join, Mikwen leaves the team.

-Rest is history.

Since he is a mutual friend I worked out who it was you are referring to. I never knew he thought H4 was good. Going to have to razz him about that.

-A friend of mine moved to a new house and found an old xbox with halo 2 in the attic

-Used to play splitscreen with him when I went to his house

-Went to another friends house and he had halo reach and XBL, so I started playing splitscreen infection with him when I went round

-Saw halo 4 trailer, and saw an opportunity to jump in so got h4 and a 360 when it came out

-played that for a while, but bought reach a few months later and that became my main game

-I only played infection and actually got reasonably involved in a small community that surrounded it

-One day decide that I don't want to be a shit LD kid anymore

-sit and player team snipes all day

-get pretty good

-MCC comes out

-Hardly play because the game didn't work

-stopped playing for a while, but eventually returned to reach after a hiatus with destiny

-H5 comes out

-currently onyx player

• Upvote (+1) 3