CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's how you know they're good :simms:

Lego a local legend, awesome guy and made it pretty far in FFA at a few MLG event :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 6

>PS2 kid with Kingdom Hearts and Battlefront

>Go to my uncles house and play Halo CE for the first time with him and my dad. Resulting in me staying the night and playing more campaign

>Dad gets an Xbox and has a demo disc with Silent Cartographer. Play that religiously

>In the years leading up to me getting a 360 and Halo 3 for Christmas in 08 I play both CE and 2 off and on at friends houses

>Get exposed to the Halo 3 craze with IRL friends. Talking about it at school, clans, insane fun game types, watching MLG events, etc

>As CoD becomes more popular with MW2 and BO1 both my friends and I make a switch with me still going back to Halo on a regular basis. Reach comes out and I start posting on bungie.net more often.

>2010-2012: IRL friends have slowly stopped playing xbox as a whole and I join a private group on Bnet called "Forum Tryhards" which was full of amazing MM kids. This is when I start paying more attention to competitive Halo as a whole and have a lot more friends to play Halp with.

>as Destiny becomes more and more a thing and the Bnet forums changed a lot the group starts to die off with still a few people posting to this day. As that happened I found THC, became a regular poster, and became a "writer" for 2 months and then it shut down

>Since then I've been hanging out here posting dank memes. Pretty solid run so far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any time I see 5 numbers I like to play the "birthdate or zip code" game

It's his birthday lol.

One of my first gamertags had 389 in it :laughing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember back in the H2 days the running joke- well wasn't really a joke b/c 9 times out of 10 it was true- was that anyone with KSI ___ in their name was straight trash. It was so ironic too b/c it seemed like every one of them were 12 year old boys who talked more  :poop: than anyone. And I talk a lot of  :poop: .

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember back in the H2 days the running joke- well wasn't really a joke b/c 9 times out of 10 it was true- was that anyone with KSI ___ in their name was straight trash. It was so ironic too b/c it seemed like every one of them were 12 year old boys who talked more  :poop: than anyone. And I talk a lot of  :poop: .

I played with Legolas quite a bit but never knew this montage existed. Watching carefully to the bottom left kill feed to make sure my name doesn't pop up in an embarrassing way...

He has a couple montages, even a 20+ minute one (unheard of at the time) for Halo 2.

It's his birthday lol.

My first forum handle was on the GameFAQs message boards...RpGmAsTa2109. Alt caps and numbers. I was a true god.

My first forum handle was on the GameFAQs message boards...RpGmAsTa2109. Alt caps and numbers. I was a true god.

My first gamertag I shared with my brother for H2, TexasToast

Got my own Xbox and very awesomely named myself LIL FRANKIE 519

A couple years later, I'm late to an event to meet some friends because I was playing Halo, and my buddy jokingly calls me Frankie Four Shot. And it stuck like glue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ultimate upsetting Relapse was one of the hypest matches I've seen live.

Frankie, what?! I live in Hazelwood, MO. I work at Wells Fargo downtown off Market St. We gotta meet up.

Elamite making one of these will take the entire thread. 

Was honestly (outside of sports in school) one of the most coolest and hype moments I had the privilege to experience. We were beating pro teams online for months before the event, and we were all highschool immature kids so we would just talk so much shit to everyone. 

We had a crowd of people behind us yelling, talking shit, etc. When we 2-1'd Relapse I turned around just to look and all the dudes who were talking shit, and they were either gone or just sitting there silently. That was a delicious moment. Also making it out of AM for the first time at a huge event through winners bracket was a very satisfying feeling after 3 years of getting wrecked at every event.

After that event our team split up though, and Russo left eventually to become like a Top 4 reach pro player for Fnatic. Was awesome to see him succeed like that, he was so good at Halo 3. I remember he started midship TS against Relapse with an overkill and I knew we did it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

• At the age of 7/8 years old my friends bigger brother bought Halo CE at midnight release, and we played that night for the first time, and where my love for Halo started

• 2004 my other friend got Halo 2 for his birthday, and we four player split screened on his 32 inch tube and to this day Halo 2 is my favorite Halo of all time

2006 is when I was first introduced to MLG. I remember watching it on USA, and I loved watching Halo on TV, and competitive Halo.

Picture of me and my friends splitting a 20 inch TV on Halo 2

38bb92ebeb4bd2d3d1992a1c81272ec7.png

• 2008-09 I started attending my first local tournaments at the GrandLAN for those Michigan kids. That's where I met @@Mikwen, and @@LethuL and other great people, and long time friends for the first time.

• In 2010 I went to my first MLG event at MLG Columbus. I placed in the Top 68 (4/5th round?) with a pick up fourth because our original never showed.

2010 MLG Chicago Combine we got 6th round with a local group

fe0246c6f8bb8d31b00ec6b488c78a13.png

• Last event I went to was Columbus 2011

• Midnight release of Halo 4 I won a Reach FFA at a gamestore. Won $100, and case of redbull.

Memorable moments in Michigan.

• Sayper LAN

• LANing with Walshy for the first time

Gamers for Giving/Gamers Outreach

Brutus LANs

• Upvote (+1) 3

Frankie, what?! I live in Hazelwood, MO. I work at Wells Fargo downtown off Market St. We gotta meet up.

Oh snap, my fiancee used to live there. I'm at Express Scripts off 70 by UMSL (but work from home like a boss). 

I'll message you my number and we can meet up for drinks or whatever.  And if the St. Louis open LAN rumors are true, then the party is on.

Honestly I'm mostly impressed that you have a Famous shirt on back when it was still a Blink thing - 1 Million internet points for you today!

giphy%201.gif

It makes me sad that I lost my Famous Stars and Straps shirt before it was a thing... cause now that its not as much of a thing I'd like to wear it again....

• Upvote (+1) 1

We were beating pro teams online for months before the event, and we were all highschool immature kids so we would just talk so much shit to everyone. 

This is how I remembered you for such a long time, especially during H3.  Always thought it was hilarious how much you used to talk shit to people.  

But I did hate you because even though I had host 9/10 games I played in H3, I could NEVER FUCKING EVER kill you when you soared at me from Pink 3.  I would rage so hard.  Your gamertag lived up to its name.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's his birthday lol.

My first and only tag has 13 in it because I was 13 when I made it...

Damn, it's been a decade since I made that god awful gamertag.

- Was a casual playstation gamer

- A few months after H2 came out a buddy let me borrow his xbox to play the campaigns for CE & H2

- Immediately hooked after the first flood encounter.

- LANs in my garage with random neighborhood kids

- Discovered MLG towards the end of H2 season, bought an MLG video on the 360 dashboard that I probably watched 1000 times.

- Lurked MLG, GB, TLN, THC forums forever. 

- Team Pajama Pants was formed with some high school friends. (yes we wore pj pants during all house lans)

- No life'd H3 and won a few local gamestop events

- Didn't play a ton of Reach or H4. Got into COD when black ops 2 came out.

- MCC happened

- here I am at 29 now with a job, a baby, and still loving Halo like i'm a kid.

I love this community. Always have, always will.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Oh snap, my fiancee used to live there. I'm at Express Scripts off 70 by UMSL (but work from home like a boss). 

I'll message you my number and we can meet up for drinks or whatever.  And if the St. Louis open LAN rumors are true, then the party is on.

Prepare to party. 

HCS Teams, Seeds and Halo Support Group Thread

Only 2 memories I need to remember...

-First played CE in 02' at a middle school sleepover.  Spent 5 hours playing silent cartographer.  Was hooked.

-My mom waited in the midnight line at Gamestop to pick up Halo 2 for me.  Didn't miss school and got to play the next afternoon.  Thanks mom.

• Upvote (+1) 6

- I was VERY young and saw my 2 step brothers playing halo 1 1v1s

- Asked them to play and they let me play the campaign and then played halo ce with them almost every day

- Halo 2 comes out and I get xbox live

- Brother makes us all accounts and names mine JaguarHunter, wanted it to be FrostyTheSnowman

- Play that game until my eyes bleed

- Do the same with halo 3

- Started to get into competitive halo

- Went to a lan but didn't play in it

- Didn't play much reach but watched it, started playing counterstrike and league of legends

- Went to MLG columbus to save mlg halo and that revived my love for halo

- Halo 4 came out and it sucked but I still played it

- Was watching one of the first AGLs on twitch and we were trolling and got banned

- Everyone makes _Evades accounts

- Evades took over the world  **rip evadesgaming.webs.com** 2012-2013

- Got banned from THC for trying to free Saucey

- Attended all the AGLs that were in Tennessee because I lived like a hour away

- Makes dank memes

- ???

- Profit

• Upvote (+1) 4