CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seriously.  I would still play that game.  Played it until the day it died.  Kept my xbox on for a couple days after they started shutting down the servers so i could keep playing.  The UI and party system in that game is still the best

Even with the massive host advantage & bridging/standbying it was still the best. That's saying something. The ranking system was the best too imo. RIP

26FPzgftlRfgwkEw0.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I live in STL now, but my sister is still there. I lived in Alpharetta. I want to come back sometimes. I miss it. Not the traffic though.

Dude, tell me about it. I work up off 285 and traffic is the worst. Plus it seems like they are always doing road work. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

TFW you're reading all these cool stories, but you're a H4 kid.

It's ok, I've had someone tell me they are an MCC kid. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am an 04 kid and preferred to hang out with the Utah noobs crew on halo-pro.com forums. This makes me the superiorest. My first event was Seattle 05

Someone else who used to post at halo-pro :) I used to post there back during H2, wasn't a fan of h2forum. Best place for montages and gameplays during early h2 for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My "how I got here" story (putting in spoiler tag because I type too much)

tldr version: Played since CE (console FPS since Goldeneye), followed MLG since 08

-Played Halo in 2002/2003 with some upperclassmen I was friends with, traveling to one's apartment as a group of 4-6 people for game night about once a month.  Bottom/bottom 2 would swap out each game.

-Got an XBox for Steel Battalion in 2002, but power cord shorted out the entire system, I had a RRoD before I knew it was a thing.

-Halo 2 comes out, really want to play it, but have no XBox.  Friend who hasn't graduated brings his XBox over, we play Halo 2 campaign all the way through in one night.

-Invite him over a lot more because Halo 2 was fun as hell, and online multiplayer stuff.

-End up borrowing his XBox when he gets a PC strong enough to run good games.  Play hundreds/thousands of hours of basically every playlist, but with most of the time in BTB.

-Get a job before H3 comes out, buy 360+game after Hellgate: London bombs miserably on PC.  Play thousands of hours.

-Join H3Wheelmen online/BTB community about driving warthogs.

-Hear one of them talking about MLG.

-Watch 08 National Championships Instinct vs Str8 Rippin.  Get hooked.

-Forum Warrior for 3 years.

-Help KC with game testing for late Halo 3 versions and Halo Reach MLG settings.

-Attended Columbus 2011 as Spectator (Wanted to see Losira in SC2)

-Send Walshy a message about spawns on Nexus KotH in Reach.  Get asked to coach Turning Point.

-Coach Turning Point at Orlando 2011, lose to Active Rush on mainstage for top 8.

-Get asked by KC and Lies to do writing for League of Legends at MLG Providence 2011.  Can't coach Turning Point. :(

-No LoL at Columbus 2012, coach Elitest/Gimme My Money.

-No Halo anymore, but LoL for the rest of 2012, so still get to go to MLG events as staff.

-Riot decides to monopolize their game, no more working for MLG.

-Didn't plan on buying Halo 4 because didn't enjoy Reach and changes looked bad.

-Friend from H3 days convinces me to buy it, says game was good.

-Reverse engineer H4 spawn system because it's different than previous Halos.

-Help Gh057Ayame with competitive H4 settings because of work with spawn system.

-Leave Halo to go back to LoL because paid work > working on bad game.

-Come back for MCC with high hopes for Forge mode.

-Friend who said H4 was good now working with esports org because of Titanfall competitive scene.  Gets me to coach team he works for, eLevate.

-Sucked at coaching, got dropped, stuck around scene this time.

-Started to leave scene to be analyst for Winterfox LoL team, but wasn't paid work in off-season.  Mikwen asks me to be analyst of Team Liquid in Halo 5.  I interview, I join, Mikwen leaves the team.

-Rest is history.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Even with the massive host advantage & bridging/standbying it was still the best. That's saying something. The ranking system was the best too imo. RIP

26FPzgftlRfgwkEw0.gif

LOl yes.  as long as nobody was cheating the host advantage really wasn't as big a deal as people made it out to be.

1) Hold back button to see who spawns first and has host

2) Challenge host player less and be super aware if they have shotgun or not.

But there was cheating sooo...

started with CE lans back in 6th grade with a group of about 8 or so local friends. 

played a little H2

put the most hours into H3

mostly ignored Reach/4

Started playing again with 5. Never followed the competitive scene as much as I do now. Recently, had to stop for school/work. 

Now I just watch when I can, and make shitty memes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Used to Hate the halo franchise as a younger kid.

Got beat by my sisters friends after I said the game was easy and was hooked on the game ever since. Wanted to be the best.

07 Kid(MLG wise. Been playing since 05)

Became a huge RoyBox fan In 08

First event In 09 Orlando(good luck charm for Maniac. You're welcome #BtH)

Never posted on fourms till TeamBeyond :)

Became a photographer

Shot XGames

Talked to Che

Now I shoot Halo when I can

• Upvote (+1) 7

TL;DR: I have over 300 hours in Halo 4, AMA.

How did you not kill yourself?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I live in STL now, but my sister is still there. I lived in Alpharetta. I want to come back sometimes. I miss it. Not the traffic though.

How long have you been in St. Louis? I've lived here about 7 years now in U City.

- '014 kid

- Remember seeing Formal tweet out that he was gonna complete at MCC Invitational. Decided to watch it, because Formal is my fav pro.

- I realised H2A might lowkey be the shit.

- A week after the event I decided to spend my life savings on Halo: MCC

- I would then go on be a no-life and play MCC 24/7 until H5 came out.

- October 27th 2015, I brought H5 home.

- I decided to be a no-life and play that game 24/7 as well. And I'm still doing it as we speak.

And that's pretty much my story.

• Upvote (+1) 7

How did you not kill yourself?

Who says I didn't? Who says ghosts can't type?

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Was always a Playstation and Gameboy kid since I never could stay home alone 

- Played one Halo CE campaign level when I was like 6 at a friends house and hated it because I couldn't see my dude

- Was at said friends house when he got Xbox live for the first time in 2007 like the week after Halo 3 came out lot more tolerable towards it

- Got an Xbox for my 13th birthday and xbox live later that night (First Rated M game) 

- Never got off of Halo and pretty soon my friend group rarely played against me because they'd get bodied.

2008-2010 played fun custom games like Ice Cream Man, Ghostbusters, Clue, Halo Ring, Jenga, Monster Trucks  ( I miss it  :tear: )

- Throughout the years kept hearing the words MLG thrown around and one day in October looked up what MLG was, linked me to the site and it was the MLG DC event. 

- Watched a team get upset then the next day they come back and win the whole tourney

- That team's name? Final Boss

- I wanted to do that so I played a lot of Reach 

- Played some Halo 4 didn't like it too much

- Played H2A couldn't play it as much because of no internet summer 2015

- Finally in Halo 5 a little bit of good luck and a little success has come my way.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My story:

Got H3 in '09 after playing split screen campaign with a mate (RIP splitscreen), was the kid who recorded every killing spree I got because I thought that was insane.

Got Reach, loved it as a filthy casual, but I wasnt dumb enough to not hate AA's and Bloom.

Found out about competitive Halo while Instinct was shitting and Ninja was the funniest youtuber I'd ever seen.

ZBNS came out, proceeded to sweat in amazingly fun customs with people who don't play anymore.

Halo 4 came out, got sucked into the hype. Honeymoon period lasted about 2 months before I wanted to break disc. Ambush was shitting in AGL which was sick because I was a big formal fan, but the game was too shit for me to really care.

Bought MCC 2 weeks after d-day, expecting the latest patches to fix it. Proceeded to lose all respect for 343, barely played any xbox for about a year (RIP Friends list).

_

Jan 2nd 2015, sitting in bed after flying to NY on holiday, join Team Beyond, which looked like a revived THC at the time, but with a pleasant dark blue.

Gave @@Saucey my precious shekkles :cash:  for worthless gold name and green arrows.

Gamertag has changed about 7 times since '09, finally decide on one that makes the least sense. Microsoft owes me a steak dinner.

Get gold rep bar, retire from making memes, and end up hating Halo 5 as much as Reach, suddenly became a beast at CoD BO3 and have never looked back :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been lurking on this website for a while felt like it was time to create an acct.

• First heard about MLG through MTV true life with T2, but wasn't a huge fan yet or understood E-Sports
  • Stared playing H2 with friends at their houses
  • Freshman year in college finally have good enough internet to run matchmaking.
  • Bought Xbox 360 to play H3 when it came out had taken an Adderall for a test the same day H3 came out and finished the whole campaign in one sitting.
  • Played H3 non stop changed gamer tag to STR8NOSCOP3D lol terrible name. Got joked on a lot for being a Str8 Rippin fan but I had no idea what that was.
  • Got invited to MLG custom games got addicted to H3 MLG wanted to go Orlando tournament but never got around to it busy with school and work.
  • Played reach wasn't happy with the game
  • Never played H4
  • Back because of H2A and H5 love the game again and happy Halo is starting to grow again.
  • Upvote (+1) 8