CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

A variety of people, Tashi included.

This is the confusing part then, unless MS / 343 have strict guidelines for stuff posted.

This is the confusing part then, unless MS / 343 have strict guidelines for stuff posted.

It needs to get more meme-y.

Oh, me, me next with the old person story!

Heard of Halo LANs in 2004.

Started poking my head around MLG news in 2005.

Kept tabs on the big Halo stories during Halo 2.

Got stomped the one time I attempted to play comp in Halo 3, ran away screaming.

Went to a doubles tournament in 2009, got demolished.

Was pretty ambivalent about Reach up until the CE Anniversary maps were released, and then I realized that if I didn't run in like a madman every single time, I could actually get more kills.

When I heard Halo 4 was coming out, I decided to throw myself into it. Started hunting around, ended up finding the Halo subreddit, then THC, then I moved with the Great Exodus to Team Beyond.

Had a buddy that used to pay Halo 3 at a high level, we formed a team, won a local doubles tournament, and this became the pinnacle of my Halo career.

I suck at Halo 5, really, really, really, really badly.

The moral of the story is that if you're young enough and you love Halo enough, be prepared to work at it. Don't be like me and pubstomp for ages and decide to be competitive when life starts piling more and more responsibilities on you. While I suck at H5, I still very much enjoy this community and the camaraderie and I'm happy to be on the lawn that everyone else told me to get off of just a few years ago. 

TL;DR: I have over 300 hours in Halo 4, AMA.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why does the scattershot have 10 shots in doubles?

Sounds like a mistake. 

Ping @Brav and @@Unyshek on Twitter.

-Started watching MLG towards the end of H2, got my 360 in '08 just in time for my junior year of high school. Was on the MLG forums as "iTzaDrPepper" or something stupid like that

-Mostly solo'd the MLG playlist because I was bad and didn't playing with people 

-Changed tag to YTOreoDrinker (had youtube aspirations, loved cookies n cream shakes)

-Reach comes out freshman year of college, fuck bloom

-Played a ton of Reach with Automatic Hype

-Had a shot at making a decent run at Dallas for the H4 event with Automatic Hype, my best friend, and some dude we recruited through try-outs

-Didn't get along with Automatic as a teammate (we're still good friends today) so we split, and I went with some friends

-Got LBR2'd - never played more than 50 games of H4 after that (other than wrecking a couple tournaments at my college, won a lot of free pizza)

-Mostly lurked for the past 4 years. Life kinda happened but I'm slowly getting back into it now that college is over 

Love (most of you) dudes even though I've mostly just lurked. I've got quite a few good laughs out of this crowd for the past 8 years. 

My first two years of college were tolerable because of some of you. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll give my rundown as well:

Friend dragged me to a Halo 3 event in 2008, only went because he said it was free to watch. Didn't really play Halo other than the campaigns. On the drive to Meadowlands he gave me the complete Halo history involving Final Boss, Carbon, and Str8 Rippin. That night watched an epic 5 game series and never looked back. First season was rough though, the long summer had my interest waning, but then Final Boss dropped Walshy and Toronto 08 became the biggest thing to happen that year. 

Always had fun going to close by events, all the Meadowlands since 08. Most of the Columbus and Raleigh ones as well. One of my personal highlights was Friday night at Columbus 2011 staying up all night with Nexy and Mr. Heinz. Two of the nicest people I've ever met, just drank and talked Halo, life, traveling, sports, really anything. 

Another great highlight was DC 2010. Was a HUGE Triggers Down fan at the time, and when they beat Instinct on Saturday night and got to the finals through winners I thought that was it. They were finally going to win an event, but nope Pistola and FB ruined that dream. But when TD took down that Instinct squad with RoyBox and Elamite and Cloud, I was on... Cloud 9.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was anyone watching Devons stream last night? I was half listening while doing something else and he was talking with teammates (coach, shooter, and str8 sick) telling them that contra should be on soon from 343 and I think made a comment that contra said the new settings were "dog shit". Again, very easily could have misheard, hoping someone else can confirm/deny.

EDIT rebroadcasts are on for subs if anyone would like to check

-Played Halo:CE at a buddies house

-Purchased Xbox in 2006 and Halo 2

-Joined Clan

-Met "Unlegit" / "Eco" in Clan (We had to both be 14 or so)

-Introduced me to MLG. We'd always Lobby warrior with a bunch of people and watched the entire 07' Season.

-Purchased Halo 3

-Meadows 09', Dallas 09', Orlando 10', Orlando 11', Cbus 12'

-Stopped when H4 came out

-Started again once H2A came out

• Upvote (+1) 3

l3V0w34dIIiW35KkE.gif

That's exactly how I feel when I realize that it's my second-most played Halo, only outpaced by Halo 2.

Was anyone watching Devons stream last night? I was half listening while doing something else and he was talking with teammates (coach, shooter, and str8 sick) telling them that contra should be on soon from 343 and I think made a comment that contra said the new settings were "dog shit". Again, very easily could have misheard, hoping someone else can confirm/deny.

EDIT rebroadcasts are on for subs if anyone would like to check

Well at least they are there to tell 343 that before they release the settings.  Clearly the "Pro Team" has been tainted and can't be trusted anymore.

-Got CE with my xbox in 02 after playing it on XBC everyday after school at my friends house.

-Followed MLG since 05, never posted on forums or attended event.

-lolH4

-imherenow.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't even want to know how much time I had played in Halo 2. God, I miss that game so much. For total online experience, that was easily the best/most fun Halo title in my opinion. The only game I've found that even comes close is MW2.

I was watching, they were considering trying to scrim E6 if Contra/Cratos got back from dinner at a reasonable hour and Contra was warning them that the setup he would have to play on would be "dog shit." Don't think anything was said about new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 4

05 Kid.

Learned about MLG in 05 and was fascinated by the Pro Player of the Week articles.

First event was Dallas 07 in H2 where I promptly got betrayed on mainstage by a fellow H3Forum teammate, NmE XCon. 

Known on the forums as Kid Ali, and was quite frequent in the GA LAN scene for Halo 2/Halo 3.

Infamous for having one of the godliest online teams in Echelon and proceeding to get 1st rounded at Dallas 08.

Destroyed Reach with GA kids, ended up being picked up last minute with my local Trippins (Halo 2 and 3 semi) with Ninja/Venom.

Ended up placing 11th at the Dallas Exhibition in 2011, losing to Heaven and Earth.

Ninja goes on to get picked up by Victorious Secret and his career sky rockets. 

I end up teaming with locals again instead of going for broke and joining up with Shaffer and Decliner's Cyber Bullies team.

My locals bail on me at the next event, and I get 5th rounded. 

Halo 4 sucked. I smoked a ton of pot to get through these times.

Halo 5 is tolerable. And I'm semi delusional into thinking my 28 year old ass can still compete.

The End.

• Upvote (+1) 7

05 Kid.

Learned about MLG in 05 and was fascinated by the Pro Player of the Week articles.

First event was Dallas 07 in H2 where I promptly got betrayed on mainstage by a fellow H3Forum teammate, NmE XCon. 

Known on the forums as Kid Ali, and was quite frequent in the GA LAN scene for Halo 2/Halo 3.

Infamous for having one of the godliest online teams in Echelon and proceeding to get 1st rounded at Dallas 08.

Destroyed Reach with GA kids, ended up being picked up last minute with my local Trippins (Halo 2 and 3 semi) with Ninja/Venom.

Ended up placing 11th at the Dallas Exhibition in 2011, losing to Heaven and Earth.

Ninja goes on to get picked up by Victorious Secret and his career sky rockets. 

I end up teaming with locals again instead of going for broke and joining up with Shaffer and Decliner's Cyber Bullies team.

My locals bail on me at the next event, and I get 5th rounded. 

Halo 4 sucked. I smoked a ton of pot to get through these times.

Halo 5 is tolerable. And I'm semi delusional into thinking my 28 year old ass can still compete.

The End.

What part of GA you from? I'm in metro ATL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was living in Germany in 2001, Stepdad was Army so we were stationed there. Most console hype was for the PlayStation in Europe, so to me Xbox was an afterthought. When we moved back to the states in 2003, my (actual) Dad introduced me to H:CE on PC. I only played campaign but I loved it. Picked up an Xbox soon after learning that H2 would be released in the next year. I've been hooked on the franchise ever since and it probably single handedly made me an Xbox owner rather than PlayStation.

I got into competitive Halo after randomly stumbling across an event stream (can't remember which but it was H2)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't even want to know how much time I had played in Halo 2. God, I miss that game so much. For total online experience, that was easily the best/most fun Halo title in my opinion. The only game I've found that even comes close is MW2.

Seriously.  I would still play that game.  Played it until the day it died.  Kept my xbox on for a couple days after they started shutting down the servers so i could keep playing.  The UI and party system in that game is still the best

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was watching, they were considering trying to scrim E6 if Contra/Cratos got back from dinner at a reasonable hour and Contra was warning them that the setup he would have to play on would be "dog shit." Don't think anything was said about new settings.

Thank you for clarifying. And putting my old heart at ease

• Upvote (+1) 1

What part of GA you from? I'm in metro ATL.

I live in STL now, but my sister is still there. I lived in Alpharetta. I want to come back sometimes. I miss it. Not the traffic though.

• Upvote (+1) 1