CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know this is OT but I'm considering getting some Astros and I thought some people here might be able to give me some input on if it's worth it or not. 

As someone who enjoys playing fairly seriously while also listening to music (spotify on xbox PLEASE), I'm considering getting the A40 TR + Mixamp pro. Is this a good quality headset that's going to be worth the price tag? Full disclosure, I have a pretty decent amount of disposable income at the moment, so the price isn't really an issue. I'm mostly concerned with quality and longevity. 

TR's are honestly sick and comfy as hell, be sure to grab the Halo 5 mod kit if money isn't an issue, I'm a sucker for anything Halo branded :P

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

eLevate if they want to contend for Pro League or win the $1,000 weekly legendary brackets (if that's how they will do it during S2) need to upgrade their roster. They started out as the dominant AM squad but when the roster period was open their top players were poached and now they face more competition such as Denial, 3sup, New Era, and other squads we will see in the next Challenger season. 

What I'd like to see for S2 Challenger season (which IMO is very vital to the success of HCS): 

Open LAN for initial seeding 

Prize pool raised from $1,000 to $2,500 for winning the Sunday brackets

Have the Sunday brackets have a caster for the last 6 series 

Have a midseason open LAN

Have the last Legendary bracket be a LAN. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

TR's are honestly sick and comfy as hell, be sure to grab the Halo 5 mod kit if money isn't an issue, I'm a sucker for anything Halo branded :P

I have the Green, Red, and Halo ones and I definitely like the way the Halo 5 mod kit looks the most. 

Hey guys, so I know that this doesn't really matter, but I wanted to share anyway. 

Ever since I discovered Halo as both a game and a competitive scene back in 2008, I've loved the people involved in its community and scene. I remember I wanted to be a cool member of the MLG forums back in the day, and I thought of course the only way to do that would be to have a full green bar. I never got close to it on the MLG forums - I didn't post much on those forums for fear of being called an '08 Kid (or worse - an '09 Kid). But the Beyond community has been different and good to me, and today I finally got that green bar that I wanted for so long.  

So I just wanted to say thank you to this community, you're all awesome. Thank you @@CyReN and @@Saucey for keeping everything  :dank:  . I was waiting for the full green bar to do what I should have done a while ago - buy Premium. 

Stay fresh, Beyond. Fuck those '09 Kids, amirite? (/s)

negged

The HCS Pro Player Summit is so strange, honestly. 343 fucks up and half asses every single thing they've ever done aside from Halo 5 Forge (well, actually, that came 2 months late), but here they are out of the blue doing something super cool that the other top esports game studios do. One has to wonder how genuine it is and if it's even very productive. It's surprising that they would pay to fly pros out just to test gametypes. They never cared that much about implementing gametypes before. Maybe there's something else going on here.

I got this sick shotgun in Destiny just now. Reminded me of this post

bffdc9449ca3ffbf6bafe7755622b682.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

mods please delete these OT posts from the thread

You have either mastered sarcasm or are very new to it.

I know this is OT but I'm considering getting some Astros and I thought some people here might be able to give me some input on if it's worth it or not. 

As someone who enjoys playing fairly seriously while also listening to music (spotify on xbox PLEASE), I'm considering getting the A40 TR + Mixamp pro. Is this a good quality headset that's going to be worth the price tag? Full disclosure, I have a pretty decent amount of disposable income at the moment, so the price isn't really an issue. I'm mostly concerned with quality and longevity. 

Found this, might be helpful

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-3-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why haven't we heard anything from @@iamguitar about Winterfox?  :mj:  Last I remember he was saying they would definitely be back.

Edit:

Halo scene, in terms of actually watching the games and interacting with the fans, is hands down my favorite scene. We'll be back Beyond%20Smiley.png

FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 7

eLevate if they want to contend for Pro League or win the $1,000 weekly legendary brackets (if that's how they will do it during S2) need to upgrade their roster. They started out as the dominant AM squad but when the roster period was open their top players were poached and now they face more competition such as Denial, 3sup, New Era, and other squads we will see in the next Challenger season. 

What I'd like to see for S2 Challenger season (which IMO is very vital to the success of HCS): 

Open LAN for initial seeding 

Prize pool raised from $1,000 to $2,500 for winning the Sunday brackets

Have the Sunday brackets have a caster for the last 6 series 

Have a midseason open LAN

Have the last Legendary bracket be a LAN. 

This.

Also, on the whole str8sick thing, Maniac responded to someone's question on his stream.

https://clips.twitch.tv/bthmaniac/KindGazelleSMOrc

https://clips.twitch.tv/bthmaniac/ProudLocustShadyLulu

This is like the worst clipping I've seen.

Aye, barely caught the clips as I was half asleep at the time, it's nearly 5:30 AM here.

The first clip is nothing and the 2nd clip says just wait for Vision.  :thinking:  Doesn't clear up anything about Str8sick.

The first clip was to show the question he was asked. To which, he said 'no'. I honestly think it'll be very different to what people are expecting come vision tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rewatch your own clip bruh. You can't see the chat, It's literally nothing.

The donation is in the first clip and the answer is in the second. Ya'll dudes are blind *Kappa*

• Upvote (+1) 3

The donation is in the first clip and the answer is in the second. Ya'll dudes are blind *Kappa* 

Thanks.

More like open in new tab, continue browsing beyond and listen :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey guys, so I know that this doesn't really matter, but I wanted to share anyway.

Ever since I discovered Halo as both a game and a competitive scene back in 2008, I've loved the people involved in its community and scene. I remember I wanted to be a cool member of the MLG forums back in the day, and I thought of course the only way to do that would be to have a full green bar. I never got close to it on the MLG forums - I didn't post much on those forums for fear of being called an '08 Kid (or worse - an '09 Kid). But the Beyond community has been different and good to me, and today I finally got that green bar that I wanted for so long.

So I just wanted to say thank you to this community, you're all awesome. Thank you @@CyReN and @@Saucey for keeping everything :dank: . I was waiting for the full green bar to do what I should have done a while ago - buy Premium.

Stay fresh, Beyond. Fuck those '09 Kids, amirite? (/s)

As an '09 kid i am deeply offended

lol jk it all went downhill from there

• Upvote (+1) 2