CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bahahaha. I look at it this way: It stands for Graphics Interchange Format. Graphics has a hard g. Solved.

A lot of people's favorite English word to hear: gift.

How can you acknowledge the existence of the word GIFT and think .gif has a soft G?

• Upvote (+1) 2

tumblr_mlksz8SLjn1qz4h3co1_1280.gif

The fact that they have to spell it "jif" to get the point across makes the argument redundant.

Alright that's probably enough off topic.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think the real question is how everyone pronounces imgur.

Me and everyone I know who use it have always pronounced it "Image-er"

And it's "Gift" without the T. I don't care for anyone's reasoning behind "Jiff". It sounds stupid.

I know this is OT but I'm considering getting some Astros and I thought some people here might be able to give me some input on if it's worth it or not. 

As someone who enjoys playing fairly seriously while also listening to music (spotify on xbox PLEASE), I'm considering getting the A40 TR + Mixamp pro. Is this a good quality headset that's going to be worth the price tag? Full disclosure, I have a pretty decent amount of disposable income at the moment, so the price isn't really an issue. I'm mostly concerned with quality and longevity. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know this is OT but I'm considering getting some Astros and I thought some people here might be able to give me some input on if it's worth it or not. 

As someone who enjoys playing fairly seriously while also listening to music (spotify on xbox PLEASE), I'm considering getting the A40 TR + Mixamp pro. Is this a good quality headset that's going to be worth the price tag? Full disclosure, I have a pretty decent amount of disposable income at the moment, so the price isn't really an issue. I'm mostly concerned with quality and longevity. 

If you have to proper pc setup to also enjoy it with, the mixamp is pretty great.

You could easily find a good/better headset and or headphones/mic to go with it though. Don't want to clog up this thead too much off topic but if you have additional questions I believe there is a thread in here somewhere or you can P.M me. I'm not a audiophile by any means but have been able to get a ton out of my mixamp for the past 5 or 6 years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Community:  What happened to the rumored open lan?

343:  We checked the forums and TheSituJAKEtion said nobody would show up.

Community: triggered.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

An open tournament for Halo 5 this late into its lifespan will draw few teams.

2050 got 64 teams with some top AMs going like Randa and Rammy (I think Elumnite might be going not fully sure) and that's with a small prize pool (compared to an MLG Orlando) and little support from 343 (they did give them a shoutout during Pro league). 

With the marketing muscle of Xbox, Halo, HCS, and ESL, a bigger venue, and pro teams I think 343 can draw 100+ teams. 

As long as there is like 2 months + notice. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who enjoys playing while listening to music (spotify on xbox PLEASE), I'm considering getting the A40 TR + Mixamp pro. Is this a good quality headset that's going to be worth the price tag? Full disclosure, I have a pretty decent amount of disposable income at the moment, so the price isn't really an issue. I'm mostly concerned with quality and longevity. 

We work with ASTRO Gaming, but I've been using their products since 2008-2009 and they've been by far the best gaming headphones I've used. Solid quality, great packaging plus amazing customer service whenever I had issues (even before working with them at Beyond).

Don't forget to use our code to save 5% too!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love everything about Astros. I have several pairs of A40s (Gen 1 Neon Orange, 2, and TRs) and should be getting my 4th pair of A50s when the Gen 3s ship later this month.

I also have the mission bag, snapback hat, beanie, and zip up hoodie. I'M ALL ABOUT THAT LYFE.

My family, and Close Friend, I hope you know that Chatt 2050 with a 7500 dollar prize pool in the middle of buttfuck tennessee has 64 teams going

we'll be fine

2050 got 64 teams with some top AMs going like Randa and Rammy (I think Elumnite might be going not fully sure) and that's with a small prize pool (compared to an MLG Orlando) and little support from 343 (they did give them a shoutout during Pro league). 

With the marketing muscle of Xbox, Halo, HCS, and ESL, a bigger venue, and pro teams I think 343 can draw 100+ teams. 

As long as there is like 2 months + notice. 

I straight up didn't know. That's fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We work with ASTRO Gaming, but I've been using their products since 2008-2009 and they've been by far the best gaming headphones I've used. Solid quality, great packaging plus amazing customer service whenever I had issues (even before working with them at Beyond).

Don't forget to use our code to save 5% too!

Thats something that saves a lot of time and hassle. A great customer service team.

Astro's are probably the best "gaming" headset around, mostly because their mixamp is top notch. But being frustrated with a product and not having a good customer service team makes for a horrible time. So Astro does an all around good job of taking care of their customers, quality wise and service wise.

My 2 cents anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snip3down the GOAT is now streaming with scrims coming apparently. That or he hasn't updated his tweet out message.

Question: If the pros are discussing and testing new gametypes/new settings for HCS with 343i, why all the secrecy?

If the gamemode/new setting is going to be in the next season of HCS, then wouldn't we know what they were talking about anyway? If its something brand new added to the game, we'll probably know for sure. If it's to keep everything as a surprise, then the inconsistency between 343 and the Pros of sharing/not sharing the summit makes everything extremely confusing. 343 doesn't say a word about it, but then Pros go and say 'Yeah, 343 invited us to this meeting' - like what?

If there's nothing to hide, why didn't 343 communicate with the community?
If there's a surprise, why 343 went without saying "Hey guys, we're inviting the Pros to test something new and cool for Halo 5, don't worry - just standby"

Anyway, hope everything goes well in that summit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

W/ Ryanoob looking teamless (assuming EG goes with Ninja/VicX), could we see a WFX/Team Randa reunion? Know Randa's run MM w/ Arkanum recently, and with a good fourth like Rammy, Cloud, or Nemassist, they could dominate Challenger league for this season. Would probably be under Elevate sponsor though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The HCS Pro Player Summit is so strange, honestly. 343 fucks up and half asses every single thing they've ever done aside from Halo 5 Forge (well, actually, that came 2 months late), but here they are out of the blue doing something super cool that the other top esports game studios do. One has to wonder how genuine it is and if it's even very productive. It's surprising that they would pay to fly pros out just to test gametypes. They never cared that much about implementing gametypes before. Maybe there's something else going on here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

W/ Ryanoob looking teamless (assuming EG goes with Ninja/VicX), could we see a WFX/Team Randa reunion? Know Randa's run MM w/ Arkanum recently, and with a good fourth like Rammy, Cloud, or Nemassist, they could dominate Challenger league for this season. Would probably be under Elevate sponsor though.

Ryanoob and Randa didn't really seem like were getting along on WFX, but anything is possible.

If nothing else buy their mixamp. Its probably my single favorite item as far as my whole computer/xbox setup goes. If music is a big deal you can shop around a bit and maybe check out the HyperX headsets as far as having a good/better bass than Astros. I know their bass was traditionally not so great on the A40s although I haven't heard the new TRs yet and the lack of crazy bass increased the clarity of sound in old astro headphones so it was a bit of give and take. The whole setup is a quality purchase though and if you aren't some crazy audiophile they'll get the job done.

• Upvote (+1) 3