CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Labeling a common sense prevention method as "victim blaming" is also an odd outlook.

People should not steal, but you can take steps to make it harder for them - is my only point.

Kind of like, if i leave my front door unlocked, and my house is robbed, what did I expect to happen? Not your situation, but my point is if my door was locked it would take a lot more effort to steal my crap.

Even if it is people you know (like splitting a room with someone at an event for example) you just dont know their exact financial situation. I always put my ASTROs, controller, etc. in the hotel room safe if I booked the room. 

1) I'm pretty sure my car doors were locked.  I habitually lock them when I get out of my car.  There is a chance I didn't lock them, but it would've been out of character.

2) The bag was in my back seat floorboard, zipped, with no way to see what was inside them.  The bag wasn't stolen at the venue (as I hadn't been to the venue yet), so the chances of someone seeing "OH HEY LOOK IT'S AN ASTRO BACKPACK I'M SURE THERE'S GAMING GEAR IN THERE" isn't very high.  They just saw a backpack and took it.

3) I had my Astro Headset in my bag in case anyone on Team Liquid needed them at the venue as an emergency replacement.  As someone who's competed, I doubt you'd leave your Astros in the hotel safe while you were still in the tournament, no?  My laptop probably shouldn't have been, but I always keep my bag on my person at a venue, and I've literally never had anything stolen from inside my car prior to that...lesson learned at 28 years.

Still find "Why would you have gaming related peripherals in your gaming related backpack on your way to a gaming event instead of leaving them in your hotel room?" to be an odd question.

• Upvote (+1) 6

*drops Str8 Sick

honestly couldn't give less of a shit about his lip crust. does anybody honestly find his vlogs entertaining? I've tried a couple of times, but I don't know man, I just can't

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There is a geographical aspect to all of this. Back in my home town people don't lock their houses, cars, Bike locks. When people I know come and visit me I have to always remind them to lock stuff because people will steal your shit. 

honestly couldn't give less of a shit about his lip crust. does anybody honestly find his vlogs entertaining. I've tried a couple of times, but I don't know man, I just can't

Not me. But I'm also probably like 10-15 years past the target demo. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Kind of like, if i leave my front door unlocked, and my house is robbed, what did I expect to happen? Not your situation, but my point is if my door was locked it would take a lot more effort to steal my crap.

Even if it is people you know (like splitting a room with someone at an event for example) you just dont know their exact financial situation. I always put my ASTROs, controller, etc. in the hotel room safe if I booked the room. 

this ... leaving valuables in a car is the most avoidable mistake ever

1) I'm pretty sure my car doors were locked.  I habitually lock them when I get out of my car.  There is a chance I didn't lock them, but it would've been out of character.

2) The bag was in my back seat floorboard, zipped, with no way to see what was inside them.  The bag wasn't stolen at the venue (as I hadn't been to the venue yet), so the chances of someone seeing "OH HEY LOOK IT'S AN ASTRO BACKPACK I'M SURE THERE'S GAMING GEAR IN THERE" isn't very high.  They just saw a backpack and took it.

I once replaced the speakers in my car. I put the old speakers in the new speakers box but it was late and I was going to take the to be recycled the next day so I just threw them in the back seat and locked my car.

Next morning my window was smashed and the broken speakers in that new box were gone. $200 to fix a window was not worth taking the time to just move what someone would likely seem valuable out of sight imo.

Now I just leave my car unlocked and don't keep anything valuable in it. Cuz they will break in regardless if you remembered to lock it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still find "Why would you have gaming related peripherals in your gaming related backpack on your way to a gaming event instead of leaving them in your hotel room?" to be an odd question.

It doesnt really matter to me much, but I was under the impression you were just going out to eat or something and had all your stuff in your car.

Regardless, my point is still valid and shouldn't be confusing: Leaving valuables unattended in your car is not a good idea. Take that ish with you into the restaurant!

Not me. But I'm also probably like 10-15 years past the target demo. 

I guess i'm in the same boat. I mean he obviously has the on camera charisma, but the daily life aspect is just kinda boring to me.  

honestly couldn't give less of a shit about his lip crust. does anybody honestly find his vlogs entertaining? I've tried a couple of times, but I don't know man, I just can't

I'm the target demo 16 - 24 and its hit or miss. If its him going somewhere special or a big event I'll watch. Casey Neistat aka the YouTube God of vlogs I'll watch everyone of his because he's crazy good talented. Tbh, I prefer the Briskmate plays OpTic does. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm the target demo 16 - 24 and its hit or miss. If its him going somewhere special or a big event I'll watch. Casey Neistat aka the YouTube God of vlogs I'll watch everyone of his because he's crazy good talented. Tbh, I prefer the Briskmate plays OpTic does. 

yeah Casey Neistat is awesome. You really need to have an exceptional life, or experiences, to pull off entertaining vlogs at that kind of volume. I can appreciate the hustle, and if it brings more people into the scene, all the better.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only youtuber I have found that I can tolerate is Lindy Beige just because I learn shit. I don't care about what most people I know have to say about random things let alone a stranger on the internet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Audley and Saucey getting..... Saucey.

Shit sorry guys, i'm really off my game today...

1) People have as much blind love for blizzard as they do blind hate for 343. 

It's not blind love when they've never disappointed their fans (I'm not a Blizzard fan, I don't like any of their games but that doesn't mean I can't respect how damn good they are).

343 get blind hate because they have never impressed us.

It's not blind love when they've never disappointed their fans.

have you played Hearthstone

edit: just saw your edit. 

Blizzard is not squeaky clean with their fanbase. WoW has gone through some shit expansions, Hearthstone has major balancing issues, I've never played Diablo or Starcraft but I guarantee they're not exempt from shittiness. Overwatch, on the other hand, has been exceptional, even by Blizzard's standards. 

It's really easy to have a "grass is greener" point of view in these matters, but let's not forget we've come a long way. Bungie is as much to blame for Halo's state as 343 is. Where was the developer support for the competitive scene back during Halo 2 and Halo 3? They'd acknowledge it sometimes, sure, but it's nowhere close to what 343 is doing. that's not to say that 343 is perfect, but it's better than nothing. 

THAT BEING SAID, the HCS began in 2014, and it's still struggling. I dunno if 343 is trying to pull the long con here, but they need to step it up for short term successes. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not blind love when they've never disappointed their fans (I'm not a Blizzard fan, I don't like any of their games but that doesn't mean I can't respect how damn good they are).

I wouldn't say they've never disappointed their fans (Overwatch is the first Blizzard game since Diablo 2 I've actually liked), but they've never released a buggy, unpolished game missing key features.

Blizzard make sure their games are finished and work as they are intended.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bruh, Mean Girls is amazing.

entertainment-2014-11-mean-girls-santa-o

Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert and prime Lohan.

All day...everyday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blizzard has messed up on some shit too. Take Warlords of Draenor for example that's the shittiest mmo expansion I've ever played. Also, the Diablo 3 launch was an aids fest. Not as bad at MCC seeing as it's still broken. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

With players on pro teams away at the summit, this is the perfect time for those that can play to get together and create drafted teams for the beyond 4v4.

Each established pro team picks a captain. That player can't draft more than 1 from their established team, but can pick as many as they want from other teams. Would be fun to see what teams could get together.

Guess it might be tough with lake of complete rosters at the moment..

I wouldn't say they've never disappointed their fans (Overwatch is the first Blizzard game since Diablo 2 I've actually liked), but they've never released a buggy, unpolished game missing key features.

Blizzard make sure their games are finished and work as they are intended.

That's fair. I can rephrase it to "they've never released a bad game".

Well, then again, I don't like any of their games so I wouldn't know. All I know is that their heavy hitters (Starcraft/Diablo/Overwatch) are phenomenally popular and have remained there.

Blizzard has messed up on some shit too. Take Warlords of Draenor for example that's the shittiest mmo expansion I've ever played. Also, the Diablo 3 launch was an aids fest. Not as bad at MCC seeing as it's still broken. 

D3's launch was a mix of servers not being prepared for a launch of that magnitude and a little bit of Lizard Squad intervention, I think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do, but that's because I've been a fan of BtH and Maniac for a very long time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only youtuber I have found that I can tolerate is Lindy Beige just because I learn shit. I don't care about what most people I know have to say about random things let alone a stranger on the internet. 

I find myself watching Vsauce, Vertasium, Minutephysics, and SmarterEveryDay for the same reason. The find amazing ways to explain complicated stuff to you and make it entertaining.

• Upvote (+1) 2