CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

CWL almost pulled bigger numbers for live group draw than the HCS pro league finals did :/

Also announced a bracket challenge for fans to fill out for $25k prize pool.

CWL makes HCS look like a such a joke.  :mj:

Almost like they'd be mad that we got an extra $1m for our Worlds prize pool...

CWL almost pulled bigger numbers for live group draw than the HCS pro league finals did :/

Also announced a bracket challenge for fans to fill out for $25k prize pool.

CWL makes HCS look like a such a joke.  :mj: 

I proposed for a bracket challenge for HCS EU/NA but I don't know how to do that and no one else picked up on it. 

I like  good bracket challenge. 

These damn tourneys keep reminding me that I need to buy the Astro Scout backpack (Marketing success). I have the mission bag but I get tired of lugging it around.

I bought one in 2011 for carrying my laptop + headset + mixamp + extra stuff when I coached Turning Point.  Had it for 5 years without any sign of wear&tear before it got stolen.

If you travel with gaming equipment at all, I highly recommend the Astro Scout backpack, it is a great piece of equipment, and well-designed to fit everything just right.

Liquid is not sponsored by Astro Gaming, so this is not a sellout post.  This is a genuine testimonial.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1) People have as much blind love for blizzard as they do blind hate for 343. Its a lot easier for Blizzard to do this and get consistent good feedback while 343 would get a ton of shit. but...

2) Part of the reason people feel this way about blizzard is because they have been like this for a long time. Supporting and tweaking games well past release, interacting with the community and taking feedback seriously.  They aren't afraid to delay or totally can a game because it isn't ready.

3) If 343 wants to get the kind of reaction that Blizzard gets from #1, they are going to have to do a lot more of #2 first, which would definitely be uncomfortable for a while but would pay off in the long run.

As a longtime Starcraft player, I have to disagree. Blizzard does constant updates and feedback NOW and only with their titles that are raking in the esports dollars. Prime example: Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void suffered from balance issues for months after release. It took almost 6 months to get a balance update which did nothing to remedy the issues of games at every level (casual through PRO) being entirely one-sided. (Zerg slaughter everything). Secondly, when it comes to Starcraft, the suggested changes that come in the update come almost solely from David Kim who doesn't compete and is not even a high-ranked player. Think: if Bravo had the final say in what changes to make to the gameplay in Halo instead of pro players/Halo Reddit. Having only one person making the decisions about the direction and balance of the game has caused the game to suffer since HotS (2013). 

In closing: yes, there are certainly people out there who love Blizzard for their interaction with the community. However, Blizzard does not actively support the communities of all of their titles. I would agree that the love of Blizzard is blind, and there are going to be a lot of disappointed faces when their next big title(Diablo/Warcraft 4 ) releases. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bought one in 2011 for carrying my laptop + headset + mixamp + extra stuff when I coached Turning Point. Had it for 5 years without any sign of wear&tear before it got stolen.

If you travel with gaming equipment at all, I highly recommend the Astro Scout backpack, it is a great piece of equipment, and well-designed to fit everything just right.

They should use this post as an official testimonial.

"Astro Scout Backpacks: Be absolutely sure your car is fucking locked."

Lmfao I missed the 'stolen' part.

Sucks abunch of players are in Seattle and wont be able to play in this. But it might be cool seeing all the random teams because of it.

Yeah, we had no idea that a "summit" was happening, otherwise we would have moved it.

"Astro Scout Backpacks: Be absolutely sure your car is fucking locked."

Or maybe just

Traveling: Drop your items off in the hotel room and dont pack every valuable item you own into one vulnerable area that other people can see  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I could give you an analysis of every pro player and many AM players. Whether or not this is good information is entirely up to the person who listens.

I am intrigued

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or

Decent Human: Don't steal shit

Nevermind that's asking way too much

lol good joke

• Upvote (+1) 5

Or

Decent Human: Don't steal shit

Nevermind that's asking way too much

A lot of people suck, have no common sense, or arent in great situations financially. 

Just how it goes I guess. I had someone break my car window a few years back to grab $2 in quarters out of my cup holder. 

Yeah, we had no idea that a "summit" was happening, otherwise we would have moved it.

Maybe we should ask them to announce things like that in advance and not last min.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Or maybe just

Traveling: Drop your items off in the hotel room and dont pack every valuable item you own into one vulnerable area that other people can see  :simms:

???

Victim blaming is an odd outlook.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting the fans involved is super smart. The viewership is going to be good.

Free REQ pack codes aren't good enough for you!? :lxthul:

This discussion reminded me of a when I was growing up here I was told not to put your valuables in your car trunk when you were already at the beaches because at certain ones there were some locals that would sit and watch you put your valuable stuff in your trunk (mostly towards tourists) and then wait til you left and then ripped you off by popping your trunk open and taking the shit you thought you were securing.

No relevance, just a memory lol

A lot of people suck, have no common sense, or arent in great situations financially. 

Just how it goes I guess. I had someone break my car window a few years back to grab $2 in quarters out of my cup holder. 

That's some life-changing money.

Labeling a common sense prevention method as "victim blaming" is also an odd outlook.

this ... leaving valuables in a car is the most avoidable mistake ever