CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Prob move back during pro league though? @@Mikwen

No idea, less likely this time around cause schedules are different.

It helps when you have a campus of a thousand interns working for you.

Your post comes across as negative (idk if intentional) but internships are great opportunities for students and people with 0 formal experience.

Sounds like a dream for someone in school to get their foot in the door.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Your post comes across as negative (idk if intentional) but internships are great opportunities for students and people with 0 formal experience.

I'm saying you can get a lot more work done when you have a horde of people that can work on the minor things.

Didn't mean it as a negative for Blizzard at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Announcement of probable announcement:

I think Liquid will have an announcement around Thursday or Friday regarding its plans for Season 2.

No one does an announcement of an announcement like the SC2 scene.

This is pretty cool. Drawing all groups for COD Champs at once. Instead of "Wait until 8PM PST for the next member of Group B!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is pretty cool. Drawing all groups for COD Champs at once. Instead of "Wait until 8PM PST for the next member of Group B!"

Wasn't it randomly tweeted by the HCS twitter or something? It was so lackluster I lost interest if I'm remembering correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm saying you can get a lot more work done when you have a horde of people that can work on the minor things.

I see a joke here

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well that's what happens when people want to work at your successful game studio I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blizzard doesn't actually get work done at an exceptional pace. They release things that are ready and aren't afraid to take a LONG time between releases. The flip side is that their games are generally well polished and they're a well oiled machine when it comes to community interaction and feedback + improvements over time and its been that way for so long that they've built well earned trust in their brand as a company. They create fans of the company and not the individual series a lot like CD Projekt RED has been doing more recently. Putting out actual quality work and leaving a genuinely likable impression on gaming as a whole does wonders for companies that actually want to be successful.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, so I know that this doesn't really matter, but I wanted to share anyway. 

Ever since I discovered Halo as both a game and a competitive scene back in 2008, I've loved the people involved in its community and scene. I remember I wanted to be a cool member of the MLG forums back in the day, and I thought of course the only way to do that would be to have a full green bar. I never got close to it on the MLG forums - I didn't post much on those forums for fear of being called an '08 Kid (or worse - an '09 Kid). But the Beyond community has been different and good to me, and today I finally got that green bar that I wanted for so long.  

So I just wanted to say thank you to this community, you're all awesome. Thank you @@CyReN and @@Saucey for keeping everything  :dank:  . I was waiting for the full green bar to do what I should have done a while ago - buy Premium. 

Stay fresh, Beyond. Fuck those '09 Kids, amirite? (/s)

Awesome man, thanks for supporting the site.

Also it could be worse, you could be a Halo 4 kid   :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Awesome man, thanks for supporting the site.

Also it could be worse, you could be a Halo 4 kid   :simms:

*shudders* 

Rayne is not as C9 representive there, I think someone mentioned on stream that they were invited as the old teams, so Rayne would go for nV.. though Elumnite is there.

So who is there for liquid? will there even be a team liquid?

You might want to take a look at this

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rayne is not as C9 representive there, I think someone mentioned on stream that they were invited as the old teams, so Rayne would go for nV.. though Elumnite is there.

There is a team without representation there, if the rumored attendees are in fact correct.

Team Liquid will definitely be around next season.  Not sure exactly when the announcement is happening, but as I said it should be Thursday or Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sucks abunch of players are in Seattle and wont be able to play in this. But it might be cool seeing all the random teams because of it.

I feel like we're reading too much into who is at this summit.

If it is anything like what we've seen, players prolly got about a week advanced notice.

These damn tourneys keep reminding me that I need to buy the Astro Scout backpack (Marketing success). I have the mission bag but I get tired of lugging it around.

Sucks abunch of players are in Seattle and wont be able to play in this. But it might be cool seeing all the random teams because of it.

Brought it up last night :mj:

We would have moved the tournament if we knew about the Pro Player Summit.

Stuff like this sucks though, we have begun planning for September and October and have no idea when all these HCS matches are happening. Transparency has been bad for awhile and I hope the players bring it up if asked.

-----

These damn tourneys keep reminding me that I need to buy the Astro Scout backpack (Marketing success). I have the mission bag but I get tired of lugging it around.

Had one for carrying around my laptop for the last year, love it.

CWL almost pulled bigger numbers for live group draw than the HCS pro league finals did :/

Also announced a bracket challenge for fans to fill out for $25k prize pool.

CWL makes HCS look like a such a joke.  :mj: 

I don't know why people keep comparing the two. Call of Duty is a much higher selling game and is on three platforms. Of course it's pro league is bigger. 

• Upvote (+1) 2