CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Heinz or Cloud are the two most likely to OpTic

How good is cloud?

Never seen him play. Few people on Twitter said he wasn't that good, not an improvement on flamesword.

Looking at his Finishes he's won events, played with top players and looked very good for Denial.

What's his deal?

I have no inside info, but I'd make a heavy bet Heinz goes to Optic.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't understand the talk of Cloud to OpTic. Didn't they pass on that option once already?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally think Riptide and Molten are good remixes and could play good on Strongholds and maybe slayer.

Torque could play decent if they opened up some passageways and added cover.

I respectfully disagree about riptide and molten.  I've played every multiplayer map since CE and those are two of the worst maps I've ever played.  I don't know a ton about map design, but I feel like they're just too cut off and disjointed.  It's the same problem that overgrowth has.  In order to push anywhere you have to charge through tiny choke points and the areas don't flow well from one spot to another.  There are no sight lines.  It makes it almost impossible to help teammates unless you just walk through doorways on their heels.  Even when I'm winning, I rarely have fun on those maps.  You could be right about torque though, it's definitely not as bad as molten or riptide.  I personally don't care for it, but it could maybe be salvageable with the right changes whereas i don't think there's anything you could do to save molten and riptide short of a full redesign. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How good is Heinz, what type of player is he, was he in the league last season and how did he do?

Why would I have to become an Optic fan, exactly?

You're still the resident ketchup fanboy. Never forget ur roots

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How good is Heinz, what type of player is he, was he in the league last season and how did he do?

He didn't qualify, but was picked up by Allegiance at some point during the Pro League. 

To be fair though, it takes a leap to make any assumptions about the order of events when it comes to these maps and their releases. 

Too true, excellent point.

update:

:simms:

I genuinely like Bravo.  I believe that he loves Halo and wants it to succeed as a fan first and not as a bean counter.  I think most of the time when he doesn't respond to stuff it's because he knows where he sits in the pecking order at the company.  I think we would all like 343 more if he were allowed to say whatever he wanted about the state of the game whenever he wanted to with honesty.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have no inside info, but I'd make a heavy bet Heinz goes to Optic.

Would that be a good fit in your opinion?

iSrcGBm.jpg

In all seriousness though, he is a solid all around player who was picked up by allegiance at the roster change period last season. @@ssbChad could probably provide a better in depth analysis of him as a player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heinz is a solid pickup for Optic. 

Like most people here I don't think Optic's problem is the player's potential, they are all really solid players they just gotta want to get better. 

Somebody else said it in here but if they are just ok with producing content and being bottom feeders then that's really sad IMO

He is good.  Underrated, solid, "keep the team on track" kind of player.  He isn't going to be too flashy or single-handedly carry you to victory, but he isn't going to lose you a game either by doing something stupid.

He didn't qualify, but was picked up by Allegiance at some point during the Pro League. 

Allegiance was a new team after they picked him up.  The team as a whole was loads better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally think Riptide and Molten are good remixes and could play good on Strongholds and maybe slayer.

Torque could play decent if they opened up some passageways and added cover.

Riptide slayer they need to move the beam rifle away from right next to blue room and add something to counter it. (fuel rod? rip kappa)

Glad that Elumnite is at the summit. I have faith that he will tell it like it is and give them some real constructive feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@ssbChad could probably provide a better in depth analysis of him as a player.

I could give you an analysis of every pro player and many AM players. Whether or not this is good information is entirely up to the person who listens.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2