CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

god has left the Team Slayer playlist

RI4bpVQ.png

Thank you for the hazard warring. Will avoid this playlist. 

RI4bpVQ.png

Slayer is near unplayable at times with the map pool it has.

(Dexerto Article About Renegades)

...their source on this is questionable.

It was a tweet from MonteCristo saying "Rest in Peace, Renegades"

...but it was during the 2 hour delay in EU LCS yesterday, where Monte was literally just putting on every single team's gear he could find in his Korean apartment, taking a Selfie, and making some comment related to the League of Legends team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is a weird game, I like the mechanics better for the most part from Reach and 4 but the maps were somehow better in those games. Halo 5 doesn't have that "must play map" (Lockout, Pit, Haven, etc). They are all the same templates for building with 2 or so bases with a different skyline. I think I would play more if the maps didn't seem so bland and unimaginative. All the dlc maps weren't good either. :huh:

What, you don't like all the human maps?

:flip:  :flip:  :flip:  :flip:  :flip:  :flip:  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 is a weird game, I like the mechanics better for the most part from Reach and 4 but the maps were somehow better in those games. Halo 5 doesn't have that "must play map" (Lockout, Pit, Haven, etc). They are all the same templates for building with 2 or so bases with a different skyline. I think I would play more if the maps didn't seem so bland and unimaginative. All the dlc maps weren't good either. :huh:

I have been complaining about maps since day 1. None of them have any "soul" like the previous Halo games. 

Slayer is near unplayable at times with the map pool it has.

Anytime I have to play Molten, Overgrowth or Riptide a small part of me dies inside. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Maps are way better in 5 than they are in Reach or 4, but they're still far from 2 or 3. 

If they improve as much as they did from 4 -> 5 then 6 should have some great maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

RI4bpVQ.png

Weird, all I get is Fathom. (The worst non-dlc map for slayer in my opinion).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

in b4 Optic Halo goes back in time and wins all the H2A events with a roster of Maniac/Ace/Heinz/APG

you'll see who has the last laugh

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 Sick getting dropped is lowkey a blessing for him. Now he can find more dedicated and better players to play with instead of people who'd rather party then try win some trophies.

• Upvote (+1) 9

in b4 Optic Halo goes back in time and wins all the H2A events with a roster of Maniac/Ace/Heinz/APG

you'll see who has the last laugh

Well, if you can't catch up to other teams, might as well go backwards.

I remember when most people hated maps like The Pit because of the amount of stand offs.

But if you followed T-squared's tips you'd of been fraggin' like a pro.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I remember when most people hated maps like The Pit because of the amount of stand offs.

The Pit's a divisive subject.  I think it's universally agreed to be a great flag map, but when you get on the subject of Slayer, there's two crowds:

We Love It!

• Super exciting games
  • Close Finishes
  • Warriors > Triggers Down
  • Lots of Tension

We ABHOR It!

• 3 hallway-length choke points
  • No movement unless OS / Rockets are coming up.
  • Team that wins opening gets a long period of control and can often use that to get control again.

I'm in the latter camp for Slayer on The Pit -- and I feel that way about Construct TS, Eden TS, H2A Lockout TS, and any other gametype that ends up in standoffs as often as those maps.

You'll see more upsets in standoff/set-up gametypes than you ever will in modes where players have to keep moving.  Because people aren't encouraged to get further ahead, they're encouraged to sit on a lead.  If you can sit on a lead without being punished for it, you don't have to keep showing you know how to play.  You just had to make that one good play and then not fuck up.  Standoffs allow you to just coast, as long as you have the basic knowledge of which routes to watch and the level of execution to not fuck up your battles while you have the advantage.  If an underdog team gets a lead with their opening, they're more likely to be able to close it out on those maps than they would be on other, more open maps where standoffs didn't happen...because in the standoff maps, there is less they have to do to hold the lead.  It's a lower measure of team skill.

• Upvote (+1) 3

sigh. It's hard work being an Optic fan... Str8 has been the unsung hero of that team all season and now he's dropped? Not only that, the rest of the squad piss off to Orlando (having narrowly missed being relegated) and where's Str8..? Still playing Halo and keeping his skills sharp. So, yeah, THAT'S the guy they drop..

I swear man, this is spot on. I want to continue rooting for OpTic but they make it so damn difficult. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So who do you guys think Optic are going to run with?

Heinz, Ninja, Vic X?

Anymore possible players?

Every playlist is littered with awful remix maps to the point you can't play them, and then when i go into arena i only match pros and other champs or absolute scrubs. I am like mid 1700s and the highest i ever got to was 2100 always running solo or occasionally with one random other guy i played with in an earlier match. It really should not be hard to match me with people where i don't consistently go +20 or -20. I would like to actually play a close competitive match. 

The only thing I have been able to have fun playing is BTB and even then I get stuck in an 18 minute 0-0 viking flag game where i get betrayed for walking near a vehicle or power weapon. 

Can 343 not ask some forgers to come up with decent competitive maps? They tried to throw torque in at us and it ended up being THE ONLY map you ever played on. They added in the search parameters and now i get nobody even near my skill level on any setting. People complained about autos and so they put 2 beam rifles on coli.....I understand the whole "if Henry Ford asked people what they wanted they would have said faster horses" scenario, but they just flat out ignore casual and pro players or tell them that they are wrong when they make suggestions that should atleast be tried.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2