CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just heard on reddit that Str8 SicK has been dropped from OpTic? 

This is actually pathetic.

The second best player on the team gets kicked, while Maniac and APG stay? Fuck, I hope they get relegated so Maniac retires. I'm tired of the lies he tells his fans.

But are his "fans", fans of his b/c of Halo? Certainly not given his gameplay as of recent. Maniac is one arrest and tattoo away from being Bryan Silva.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I may have missed this somewhere but does anyone know when the fall season of pro league starts?

Only info so far is rosters lock on August 25 and season starts sometime in September.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I may have missed this somewhere but does anyone know when the fall season of pro league starts?

No exact date has been announced. But it's about a month from now

I REALLY hope the St Louis open Lan rumor is true. Midwest Lans are lit. I'll be on that like white on rice.

*as long as they announce it at a reasonable date.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic's behavior continues to dissapointment.

In other news, what gametypes would make a good addition.

It's seems pro's are not likening Assualt, and oddball apparently doesn't work either. Breakout was obviously a failure at an SnD-style gametype.

Would a gametype like GoW4's Dodgeball work with Halo's sandbox?

Optic's behavior continues to dissapointment.

In other news, what gametypes would make a good addition.

It's seems pro's are not likening Assualt, and oddball apparently doesn't work either. Breakout was obviously a failure at an SnD-style gametype.

Would a gametype like GoW4's Dodgeball work with Halo's sandbox?

Gametypes don't need to be changed. Radar and AR starts (automatics in general) do. 

I wouldn't mind better maps too but 343 can't make good maps if their life depended on it. Only hope is a remake at this point

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Gametypes don't need to be changed. Radar and AR starts (automatics in general) do. 

I wouldn't mind better maps too but 343 can't make good maps if their life depended on it. Only hope is a remake at this point

Which i don't understand....  why were the launch maps so much better than the DLC shitbags that they gave us?  The whole "remix" idea did not work out.

Just heard on reddit that Str8 SicK has been dropped from OpTic?

This is actually pathetic.

The second best player on the team gets kicked, while Maniac and APG stay? Fuck, I hope they get relegated so Maniac retires. I'm tired of the lies he tells his fans.

I don't think they're lies; I'm sure he /wants to be on a top-flight team, but I do think Maniac might need a break from Halo. he's quite a lovable character but judging by some recent vlogs, he's really struggling with the weight of captaining an underperforming team, and the pressure to live up to the Optic brand.

aPG has had a very rough patch but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because I think he came back too soon after his accident. If he starts next season the way he played during the relegations, he'll be firing on all cylinders again...

The maddening aspect is that if friendship/chemistry really was the issue, you solve that by getting to know each other outside of the Halo and build that chemistry, /not ditch the guy who kept the team above water for most of the season..

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think they're lies; I'm sure he /wants to be on a top-flight team, but I do think Maniac might need a break from Halo. he's quite a lovable character but judging by some recent vlogs, he's really struggling with the weight of captaining an underperforming team, and the pressure to live up to the Optic brand.

aPG has had a very rough patch but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because I think he came back too soon after his accident. If he starts next season the way he played during the relegations, he'll be firing on all cylinders again...

The maddening aspect is that if friendship/chemistry really was the issue, you solve that by getting to know each other outside of the Halo and build that chemistry, /not ditch the guy who kept the team above water for most of the season..

I agree, it would be nice to see more rosters stick together.  Sure, if things are not working fair enough but in some cases it hardly seems like much effort was made to make things gel.

I don't think the concepts are mutually exclusive. I'd like to to the radar changed/ removed AND more gametypes... Seeing the same 3 gametypes over and over can get stale IMO.

(I don't really care about the autos)

Which i don't understand.... why were the launch maps so much better than the DLC shitbags that they gave us? The whole "remix" idea did not work out.

I don't think the "remix" idea is to blame. It's plausible that reused assets could deliver good maps. The problem is subpar design philosophies. Simply looking at the blockouts for Overgrowth, Riptide, and Torque, and Molten should make abundantly clear that those maps would be disfunctional.

And there is never a reason to build a disfunctional map, even if it isn't going to be used in pro play.

Everybody on that team seems like-able 1 on 1.  If they were going to make a change they should have been investigating it right after they didn't get relegated instead of 10 days after when the best FA's have already narrowed down their best options.  

And I dont think Maniac needs a break from Halo....  He just needs to play smarter not harder.  I said this a few days ago but at this point the best idea for them is to keep the same team, especially with how APG played during relegation, and schedule practice with specific goals in mind.

New to the forum. Hiya everybody!!

board-04-dr-nick-octuplets.jpg

Whale cum.

We like memes here. Don't disappoint.

As much as I'd love for this to happen, it won't. Corys guaranteed his spot in the league and he doesn't really have the power to bring me up there, I'm a "risk" to the other players since in their minds why do that than go with someone they just saw last event like shooter, happy for Cory and Ryan both amazing players and personally I love this team and think Cory lucked out with the optic drop

I wish more pro teams would take risks, and pick up people like you, or some top AM players....

Assuming OpTic make their pickup soon, and they stop vacationing, they can improve. APG will have a great bounceback after having time off from Halo after the concussion and not having to play every week. There's a reason why people don't get concussions and instantly go back to being themselves right away.

I can't believe you've done this.

l0NwDLV19CwmUjkqY.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wonder why Ninja is not on a good team right now (besides being in AZ over the roster changes) I know he struggles with consistency. But this is not Halo reach ninja, or H2A ninja, this is H5 ninja. And just look at The Rig Team Slayer against CLG at finals, and I rest my case why he deserves to be on a top 8 team.

I don't think the "remix" idea is to blame. It's plausible that they reused assets could deliver good maps. The problem is subpar design philosophies. Simply looking at the blockouts for Overgrowth, Riptide, and Torque, and Molten should make abundantly clear that those maps would be disfunctional.

And there is never a reason to build a disfunctional map, even if it isn't going to be used in pro play.

Well i don't think the remix idea is 100% to blame, but it does limit the options that you have when making a map significantly.  They probably designed the original maps to be the best they could be, using up all the best ideas with the original "blockout" as you described it (perfect description btw).  Making a remix that is still recognizable as having been inspired by the original map limits the changes that you can make.  They probably used some of the second-place ideas that they canned from the original maps.

There is certainly something inherently flawed about the whole "remix" idea as evidenced by the fact that the launch maps are significantly better as a collection than the DLC maps are.  The only remixed map that is better than the original is Stasis, and both of those were DLC. Overgrowth was especially bad and should have been aborted early on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is a difference between changing a starting loading and balancing classes in a game such as Overwatch or LoL... I don't know why you're trying to draw blood from a stone

Well, when the default settings for the game are the competitive settings, we need the dev to make the changes and therefore it is similar. In H3 in community changed the damage and movement speed for instance, we can no longer do that and have to rely on dev updates. I don't know why you are defending the fact that the game has been out 10 months, and we have only seen extremely minor updates to a far from perfect/optimal competitive game.