CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

^the schedule says they leave Tuesday.. They'll be back for the beyond tourny.

All depends on their flight times, I know CLG won't be playing because Frosty doesn't get back till late. Pros can also scrim while in Seattle

^the schedule says they leave Tuesday.. They'll be back for the beyond tourny.

brainfart. i meant to type tuesday. the tourney is the 16th

It'll be cool to see if some unorthodox teams form up because of missing HCS summit players. 

But yeah, kinda shitty nobody knew about this thing to accommodate the guys that are in Seattle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We would have moved the tournament if we knew about the Pro Player Summit.

Stuff like this sucks though, we have begun playing for September and October and have no idea when all these HCS matches are happening. Transparency has been bad for awhile and I hope the players bring it up if asked.

dont worry, when nv wins the tourney, and clg cant play with frosty, there  will be even more NV vs CLG hype

We would have moved the tournament if we knew about the Pro Player Summit.

Stuff like this sucks though, we have begun playing for September and October and have no idea when all these HCS matches are happening. Transparency has been bad for awhile and I hope the players bring it up if asked.

Yeah I feel bad for you guys.  Ya'll are trying so hard to work with them and bring something great to the community, it's unfortunate that they aren't communicating with you.

Optic had 2 players that were pretty consistent over the season.. Str8 Sick was one of them, and Ace wastes his talent there. 

Maniac either has to step his game up or this season will be really weird

pros that went to seattle will not be back in time for the 4v4 beyond tourney tuesday

tumblr_n4acil6oda1rcqq8co1_400.gif

AKA maniac only wants to win with friends, even if theyre underperforming. what song is that btw?

Str8 sounds annoyed and rightfully so.

EG should definitely be all over him

Str8/Shooter would be a good duo for EG, since it seems Contranator isn't happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think Maniac and Flamesword should just do an Old Men of OpTic for Halo and play for fun. Maniac has talked retirement recently, maybe pickup Assault and someone like Randa and just go as hard as they can.

Low expectations, less stress. Could also be awesome Halo content out of it and I could root for that in AM.

Build around aPG and Ace if they aren't feeling Str8 Sick. I really think aPG is going to bounce back this season.

Just my 2c

I agree about apg.  He is a historically great player and he played well at the relegation tournament.  He also handled the concussion thing with great class and that turned me into a fan.  I'll be pulling for him wherever he goes.  

Edit: just meant whatever team he plays for, didn't mean to imply i think he's leaving optic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Audio so low I couldn't make out most of what Flame was saying

Clickbait title is clickbait

Flame looked rusty as hell (I know he hasn't played in a while)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still somewhat flabbergasted on why they'd drop str8 sick... who do they expect to pick up?

9inch

• Upvote (+1) 6

Audio so low I couldn't make out most of what Flame was saying

Clickbait title is clickbait

Flame looked rusty as hell (I know he hasn't played in a while)

It's all about #content. Now that OpTic are making moves I want to see: Maniac, Flame, Ace, and aPG scrim and see what happens. If they do good that would be something. If they get blown out switch Flame for a Top AM like Randa or Rammy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of transparency, will there be any more free to enter ffa tournies? it sucks that all the other formats are free but the most popular and easy to enter format requires a purchase. (at least as of late)

It's all about #content. Now that OpTic are making moves I want to see: Maniac, Flame, Ace, and aPG scrim and see what happens. If they do good that would be something. If they get blown out switch Flame for a Top AM like Randa or Rammy.

how would they do good with flame, who hasnt played in months?

If they do that it is a sign it's all about content. (And flame did say he's competing this season right?)

the smart move is heinz

genuine question: is there anything an 'HCS Summit' brings that just a skype call wouldn't? Or more accurately, that the skype calls haven't? 

I don't know how much new info 343/ESL can glean from a few pros being in Seattle physically. The community has already made their desires clear, pros have presumably done so also via the skype meetings/HCS council. 

And this obviously isn't being done for marketing reasons either because if it were they'd actually be marketing it. So it must be because they feel that having pros in Seattle brings something unique to the table. I just don't see what that is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Speaking of transparency, will there be any more free to enter ffa tournies? it sucks that all the other formats are free but the most popular and easy to enter format requires a purchase. (at least as of late)

Us? We've been holding free FFA's for a few months now.