CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If we are talking about adding more gamemodes, why not Breakout?

cause it was a complete fucking buzzkill when it was in the rotation IMO

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breakout was a bad attempt (and I do mean bad) at emulating an SnD type experience. I find it hard to believe that someone who knew much about Halo came up with the idea to put it in competitive settings.

I actually7haddsomethingaelseyinsmind. It starts with "no" and ends with "radar".

7 d a y s

d

a

y

s

Breakout was a bad attempt (and I do mean bad) at emulating an SnD type experience. I find it hard to believe that someone who knew much about Halo came up with the idea to put it in competitive settings.

Breakout felt jarring. Going from regular Halo to Breakout was a big change. 

Breakout felt jarring. Going from regular Halo to Breakout was a big change. 

Not to mention the absolutely shocking lack of polished settings, good maps, and plain effort that went into making a gametype that was, and still is, advertised as H5's "premier" elimination settings or some such non-sense.

It's an embarrassment. So much so that I can't even blame the MP team at 343, because I'm certain the decision didn't come from anyone we'd consider "in-touch" with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sanc bomb would always make me close the stream

It was a good gametype. Focused on setups which is apparently the epitome of skill. But hey, it's not like I play they game, or watch it much more than i should or anything.

I'm painting my house next weekend, I'll dm you my address as it seems you'd enjoy watching it dry

• Upvote (+1) 3

B a c k f l i p

a

c

k

f

l

i

p

w h a t I s g o I n g o n

h

a

t

I

s

g

o

I

n

g

o

n

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm painting my house next weekend, I'll dm you my address as it seems you'd enjoy watching it dry

It was just like sanc flag though and that game type is very highly regarded.

because it's bad. if they made it more like SnD and less like Breakout, maybe it would be good, but idk.

I agree. The fact that they stick a flag in the middle of the map makes it doomed in the competitive scene. If it was more like SnD where you took turns being the attacker and defender with one team starting out with the ball/flag/bomb it would make way more sense. 

You know what would be awesome as well? A HCS community summit. Now that would be some good feedback ;)

Out of curiosity, what is the general consensus of radar still being on in the HCS? Personally, I feel it should be off, but I remember the breakout poll and the pros were actually in favor of radar. Kind of surprising.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played like soccer.

Most games ended 0-0 in MM

He said oddball not assault.

And when they redid assault it played way better. Better spawns, and quicker arming

I still don't like double thrust for bomb carrier though. And they need to the bomb to kill everyone if there is a timer delay before the new bomb spawns

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played like soccer.

Most games ended 0-0 in MM

You're thinking about Assault. Oddball is the gametype where you hold the ball to score points. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

With halo 5s movement I think radar is good to have. In past halos movement was very predictable and no radar showcased map awareness. But now with thrust slide and clamber Spartans can be anywhere in a short period of time.

This has been discussed to death however so lets not trigger anyone here.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Since radar has been discussed since the game came out.....have any groups of 8 ever actually run no radar? There are a ton of dudes on this site that love data. Shouldn't be too hard to get 8 people to run games together with radar on and off and then look at certain variances. Putting some stats into excel between radar and no radar should provide a decent regression model. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This picture reminds me of CLG

*pic*

Need another picture here where the guy in second, Andre De Grasse looks to see where everyone else is as well. For Team EnVyUs.