CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

initial thought? Fuck no, pls

After thinking about it for a minute and how it might play? Don't see it, but I've never played a SH game on there.

But just moving on that map when other players are on it feels bad. Its just a lot of narrow chokes and rubbing shoulders imo

It is a small map but so is empire and of the two I think molten could be better.Not sure about stronghold placement though.

Neg 6 ain't shit bro, idk why you're editing it out.

So he doesn't get hit with more. Prevention. 

It is a small map but so is empire and of the two I think molten could be better.

Molten has H2BR thou.... but I guess they can fix the weapons. 

I'll take forge maps over new gametypes. Give me 1 asymmetrical forge map for slayer and strongolds, and 1 symmetrical forge map with dual snipers for CTF. Remove Empire strongholds and the other least favorite maps and call it an offseason.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oddball or Extraction are the gametypes I'd like to see.

Oddball is a dynamic objective which means there is a far better chance that the strategies can change. It's also something we haven't seen competitively for awhile.

Extraction is very similar to KOTH but less like SH. It's a great gametype, one of the few (only?) good things about H4.

I just like having gametype diversity. Gametypes that feel different from one another and make teams play maps differently.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'll take forge maps over new gametypes. Give me 1 asymmetrical forge map for slayer and strongolds, and 1 symmetrical forge map with dual snipers for CTF. Remove Empire strongholds and the other least favorite maps and call it an offseason.

Accidental neg sorry fam
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Or maybe, and stick with me, it takes a different kind of team work. Believe it or not, just because something is different doesn't mean it is inferior. Especially when the H5 bomb carrier is literally the fastest they have ever been. Strictly speak about H5 assault, it is easy to sneaky arm, a 4 dead with the ball anywhere near the base if generally an arm, AND it's easy to dodge nades as the bomb carrier because you have TWO thrusters.

Even speaking on H2A assault, which the ball guy was slower, we still saw it played really well. Sanc bomb took awhile, but sanc CTF takes awhile.

Sanc bomb would always make me close the stream

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only assault variant that I could stand watching was Warlord.

It is a small map but so is empire and of the two I think molten could be better.

But whats the biggest choke on Empire? The bends? Molten legitimately feels bad to play on. Its like they took the worst parts of rig (segmented, narrow and unbalanced) and just doubled down on them.

Probably get shit for this but empire SH isn't that bad of a gametype. Its a little hectic, and it didn't get played often, but there were worse gametypes last season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was a good gametype. Focused on setups which is apparently the epitome of skill. But hey, it's not like I play they game, or watch it much more than i should or anything.

If we are talking about adding more gamemodes, why not Breakout?

because it's bad. if they made it more like SnD and less like Breakout, maybe it would be good, but idk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just give us something with 2 snipes on the map please

The way H5 plays two snipes would most likely end up with one team having both almost immediately 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How about two binary rifles on Coliseum? :lxthul:

If it weren't "confusing" I still wish they'd have used a 60% battery Beam Rifle instead. It makes it so a team can't stack Snipers, so it is less snowbally.

because it's bad. if they made it more like SnD and less like Breakout, maybe it would be good, but idk.

I really didn't think it was that bad, there were clearly teams that were better at it than others... On a pro level. I don't miss it, but I also don't feel like it was this terrible thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm actually really happy about the HCS summit. 

The pro's will, without a doubt, raise the importance and needs of Open LAN events. Maybe MLG will even be mentioned.

This is where things will start getting better :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really didn't think it was that bad, there were clearly teams that were better at it than others... On a pro level. I don't miss it, but I also don't feel like it was this terrible thing.

It was just so different to the norm. Imagine SWAT as a pro gametype. Just no.

I'm actually really happy about the HCS summit. 

The pro's will, without a doubt, raise the importance and needs of Open LAN events. Maybe MLG will even be mentioned.

This is where things will start getting better Beyond%20Smiley.png

I actually7haddsomethingaelseyinsmind. It starts with "no" and ends with "radar".

• Upvote (+1) 3

i didn't mind playing, hated watching it