CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So CTF was bad before Flagnum. O.K.

Assault is inferior to Flag because

You're 3v4 going forward instead of 3v4 coming back.

I did not say "Assault is bad because there are 3v4 situations."

Time to bring back Breakout guys jyEi2nM.png

I heard the pros did a survey and really like breakout :lxthul:

Get quote mined.

Haven't caught up lately, what are teams looking like? 

Is it still god squad envy? roybox and ninja on EG? 

Who's on E6? who's on liquid? Optic doing anything (LOL)? 

awh40uh.png

Hopefully the pros can try convincing 343 to incorporate a couple of LAN events into the upcoming pro league season. Better yet i hope that the format from H2A HCS seasons' 1 & 2 can be reintroduced

You missed the point -- in Bomb, the 3v4 is pushers vs defenders. In flag, the 3v4 is cappers vs chasers. You're running away 3v4, not trying to reach the opponent's base. At a level where numbers advantages matter, it makes Assault really just not work (when compared to flag).

I like Assault as a casual gametype, but competitively it is inferior to Flag.

So CTF was bad before Flagnum. O.K.

:wutface:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Would be cool to see a game of breakout used to decide who gets vetos or something like that... Or not

So if there is an HCS summit, does that mean we won't expect high level scrims during that time??

Or maybe, and stick with me, it takes a different kind of team work. Believe it or not, just because something is different doesn't mean it is inferior. Especially when the H5 bomb carrier is literally the fastest they have ever been. Strictly speak about H5 assault, it is easy to sneaky arm, a 4 dead with the ball anywhere near the base if generally an arm, AND it's easy to dodge nades as the bomb carrier because you have TWO thrusters.

Even speaking on H2A assault, which the ball guy was slower, we still saw it played really well. Sanc bomb took awhile, but sanc CTF takes awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Unnecessary secrecy is starting to become an HCS trend. 

Hasn't unnecessary secrecy always been a Halo trend? We're in the dark until like two weeks before release almost every time.

So if there is an HCS summit, does that mean we won't expect high level scrims during that time??

Some teams have coaches going, so you will I think. We were told coaches can't go but then we see towey and elumnite going so who fkn knows.

• Upvote (+1) 4

KotH and Strongholds are different enought that they could coexist, but I am happy that we finally got a 3plots gametype in competitive Halo. It always got shot down when brought up in the past.

KotH has always been my favorite gametype (Since Perfect Dark) so I am a little biased...

But while Strongholds focuses on an entire map, KotH focuses on individual points at a time. Rotations come at specific intervals instead of based off random situations in the game (makes SH as much about playing your opponent as playing the map, which is good in its favor over KotH...more dynamic).

I think SH is better for H5 due to its extreme pace compared to older Halos.

But I miss KotH.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some teams have coaches going, so you will I think. We were told coaches can't go but then we see towey and elumnite going so who fkn knows.

sorry if this was already answered; who went for CLG?

Also back to the riccochet topic, I really like to watch Uplink in COD for some reason, but Riccochet was just garbage all around.

Bring back oddball or extraction, KoTH or Assault aren't that good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sorry if this was already answered; who went for CLG?

Also back to the riccochet topic, I really like to watch Uplink in COD for some reason, but Riccochet was just garbage all around.

Bring back oddball or extraction, KoTH or Assault aren't that good.

Frosty since he is from Cali and it's not as big of a hassle to travel as it would be for the other 3 of us. Uplink and Ricochet aren't the same at all, just same scoring system. Cod super advanced movement makes it work for them. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Frosty since he is from Cali and it's not as big of a hassle to travel as it would be for the other 3 of us. Uplink and Ricochet aren't the same at all, just same scoring system. Cod super advanced movement makes it work for them. 

Careful with your words, you're going to give 343 ideas.

Fwiw in h2a bomb was more exciting to watch than flag
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Well no assault then. How about Molten Strongholds,any thoughts on that people?

initial thought? Fuck no, pls

After thinking about it for a minute and how it might play? Don't see it, but I've never played a SH game on there. Putting the strongholds on the bottom might force players to use both levels and open up the map.

But just moving on that map when other players are on it feels bad. Its just a lot of narrow chokes and rubbing shoulders imo

• Upvote (+1) 1