CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So what does everyone think about assault's possible inclusion in season 2? Could see an announcement after the summit.

*Michael Scott NOOOOOOOOO GIF*

• Upvote (+1) 6

*Michael Scott NOOOOOOOOO GIF*

Getting lazy King LethuL. Next thing you know you won't even bother to get your haircut. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what does everyone think about assault's possible inclusion in season 2? Could see an announcement after the summit.

Assault will basically always be an inferior symmetrical objective to Flag, since it forces the team carrying the bomb to be 3v4 while pushing. (Flag is even footing to push, reduced when retreating).

It favors a team defending to the point that teams basically have to play a reverse tug of war and make gradual progress, and even then it isn't guaranteed to be a cap.

Unpopular opinion: ricochet would be better (than Assault. Still not really good) simply because you don't have to succeed in standing in your opponents base for a prolonged period of time to put a point in the board. It's just more frustrating because it is just as imbalanced, just in favor of offense...so defendimg feels hopeless.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Assault will basically always be an inferior symmetrical objective to Flag, since it forces the team carrying the bomb to be 3v4 while pushing. (Flag is even footing to push, reduced when retreating).

It favors a team defending to the point that teams basically have to play a reverse tug of war and make gradual prigress, and even then it isn't guaranteed to be a cap.

Unpopular opinion: ricochet would be better (than Assault. Still not really good) simply because you don't have to succeed in standing in your opponents base for a prolonged period of time to put a point in the board. It's just more frustrating because it is just as imbalanced, just in favor of offense...so defendimg feels hopeless.

They shortened the arm time from like 7 seconds to 4 seconds, mm games actually finished before the end of overtime but idk how this would play with pro teams.

It favors a team defending to the point that teams basically have to play a reverse tug of war and make gradual prigress, and even then it isn't guaranteed to be a cap.

Older halo's forced a 3v4 in flag games as well. Worked fine then.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Older halo's forced a 3v4 in flag games as well. Worked fine then.

You missed the point -- in Bomb, the 3v4 is pushers vs defenders. In flag, the 3v4 is cappers vs chasers. You're running away 3v4, not trying to reach the opponent's base. At a level where numbers advantages matter, it makes Assault really just not work (when compared to flag).

I like Assault as a casual gametype, but competitively it is inferior to Flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So CTF was bad before Flagnum. O.K.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

can we fix the CTF overtime rules that are STUPID AS FUCK

@@Bravo said they are tweaking it at the last event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when we thought that was over, and then it was almost in H2A? Good times.

I said it both times I'll say it now I will quit before that gametype is in a tourney 

• Upvote (+1) 6

you know.. this can also be announced to gain trust from the community... but nope.

Idk, the communication by 343 is one of the worst in todays esports community. 

I've seen worse.

Of course, I've also seen much better as well.

Not sure if this has been posted yet....

gD9IudK0.png

The top left is from Black Ops 3 and of course the bottom right is from Halo Reach.

Probably an easter egg, it clearly is a copy of Halo Reach artwork, probably referring to something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I said it both times I'll say it now I will quit before that gametype is in a tourney

Out of all the settings disagreements people have I'm glad we can all agree on this. Holy bad gametype, I would rather watch a 1v1 Breakout tournament with storm rifle starts.

Oddball? 

Might work. But spawns would need serious tweaking.

And before someone says KOTH. I personally believe that Strongholds is a superior gametype and that we don't need KOTH.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if this has been posted yet....

gD9IudK0.png

The top left is from Black Ops 3 and of course the bottom right is from Halo Reach.

That's pretty cool actually, even though it's Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1