CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Things are only intentionally secret if it being public is in some way damaging to someone. If they're unintentionally secret nobody cares or someone is incompetent.

The first option isn't even necessarily bad. It could just be contractual agreements, a rundown of how they want things to go but aren't finalized yet and they're asking for feedback, or even just an attempt at creating a pressure free environment so people can say what they really think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is so shitty. 343/ESL should start telling the community things that are going on with the league I know we are just yelling into deaf ears at this point but the way they are running the hcs is so backwards. Its not even just this we can't even attend events or watch them because they don't tell us what's going on, not that they have events anyway. On the rare occasion they do events they announce it the week before and never tell us what the prize pool is. Hell, they don't even give us a schedule of the match times! The choices that the people involved with halo make frustrate me to no end. I just want Halo to be successful but the higher ups don't even care.

Obviously not your fault I just needed a rant

I think it's been mentioned that these sorts of summits in every games league are usually behind closed doors. I would imagine the point is to let the team's know what's going on and then tell the general public.

Things are only intentionally secret if it being public is in some way damaging to someone. If they're unintentionally secret nobody cares or someone is incompetent. 

I agree, It is very damaging that the public know what time their favorite teams will be playing their matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree, It is very damaging that the public know what time their favorite teams will be playing their matches.

That would fall under the second half of option 2. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see the problem in telling teams/players information prior to making it public. If they end up never telling us the information, then it would be a problem.

The first option isn't even necessarily bad. It could just be contractual agreements, a rundown of how they want things to go but aren't finalized yet and they're asking for feedback, or even just an attempt at creating a pressure free environment so people can say what they really think.

Quoting for emphasis.

I think the problem with HCS thus far is that we have samples of all categories of secrets, so it is hard to tell which is secret for which reason.

Clarity is such a helpful tool for bridging trust gaps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see the problem in telling teams/players information prior to making it public. If they end up never telling us the information, then it would be a problem.

They don't tell us. That is the problem

So I can only speculate that the meeting being done in person is for a specific reason.

If it's to prevent leaks I'm not sure how much that's going to matter (insert Wayne's world "they tell their two friends" scene)

Given that there's numerous ways to conduct something like this, it's interesting to wonder why a face to face meeting was chosen. Especially given the amount of time, effort and money that it takes.

At this point I can't imagine anyone going out of their way to justify a flight tickets and hotel to go to an ESL run halo event. Do any of you guys actually have faith in it being worth your thousand+ dollars?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The meeting is a GOOD THING, mention it in the bulletin or something. You don't need to have details, positive PR + looks like you actually want to communicate with the community. Just my thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They don't tell us. That is the problem

There has been a summit in the past where they didn't reveal the information it entailed to the public after? 

Only reason I can think of that they wouldn't want people aware it was happening is because leaks. Now that we do know, it's going to be a barrage of "what happened? what's next? leak some intel!"

Only reason I can think of that they wouldn't want people aware it was happening is because leaks. Now that we do know, it's going to be a barrage of "what happened? what's next? leak some intel!"

My guess would be that the information isn't finalized and they are looking for team feedback before finalizing schedules. This is why they wouldn't want it to get out because then misinformation will spread. 

Well while you guys are having a secret meeting, tell them we want more maps. And a haven remake

Haven?

The meeting is a GOOD THING, mention it in the bulletin or something. You don't need to have details, positive PR + looks like you actually want to communicate with the community. Just my thoughts.

Bulletin is overkill, just throw a line or two in the community update.

Clearly they didn't want it private/didn't want people asking about it if they let pros tweet it out. 

Don't understand the half effort here. :/

Bulletin is overkill, just throw a line or two in the community update.

Clearly they didn't want it private/didn't want people asking about it if they let pros tweet it out. 

Don't understand the half effort here. :/

Bulletin is the community update? :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be fine with a public tweet saying when season 2 starts. Why tell someone in a reply but not the public?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is everything about ESL so corporate? Who cares if the public know they're meeting with players to improve the league. That's a good thing!

• Upvote (+1) 1