CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You know nothing about me? Streams weren't even available back then, where are you getting this info? You're also listening to someone that said he is better than Lethul in every way..

P.S. That BtH team was the most cancerous team I've ever been a part of, and to this date I will say it was the least fun I've ever had on a team.  Btw, referencing something from 2010 doesn't mean much when its 2016

I remember Tizoxic streamed a lot of your guys scrims, he was probably the first pro to start streaming, that shit was so entertaining to watch!

Breaking: NV vs CLG tonight as per team beyond

We're not playing, I'm still visiting my girlfriend til wednesday and spending time with her.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're not playing, I'm still visiting my girlfriend til wednesday and spending time with her.

are you serious dude? so selfish 

/s

• Upvote (+1) 1

do you mean you're not scrimming CLG till you get back, or are you not playing at all tonight?

I have known Cratos for a long time - he is a funny / nice dude, regardless of popular opinion. 

I think that the way he conducts himself does nothing but draw interest to the league. All these players holding hands and being best friends is just really boring to watch in my opinion. Cratos talks trash about other players, creates conflict, which creates the holy "storylines" everyone here likes to put so much emphasis on. 

Even if you post saying "I hate cratos blah blah" - just the fact that you are talking about him and his team means whatever he is doing is working. 

Just my thoughts, I like seeing players have that "Fire" and really want to beat someone. Makes for a better overall viewing experience. We need a few more Cratos's IMO.

this. ive never had a negative thing to say about the guy. i made it a point (because my teammate wouldn't stop trashing him) to get my own personal impression of carlos the minute i saw him at an event. i walked up to him and introduced myself - he did the same, we chatted for a few minutes about his team and wished each other luck. he was much easier to talk to than a large majority of people in the community. dont always judge a book by its cover or let hearsay dictate your opinion of someone or something. the loud trash talk and mind games are a huge part of esports much like poker or chess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Girlfriend over halo? :wutface: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

ContrA is a top player and he needs to get on a good team if he really wanted to drop Huke I see why. I hope Pros will see that.. I think he would be nice on RNG with Commonly though I doubt that will happen

haha

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

There is no way I hate Cratos the man (as I do not know him, but respect the loyalty he has for his team), I dislike Cratos the player. No doubt in my mind he is talented, but the antics he pulls are just too much for me. 

haha

Did you seriosly dig a post from March up again where the scene and players looked completely different? 

And I still think Contra is a very good player, they wanted to drop Huke because their personalities didn't mesh at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can hate a well written character. For example, I hate Cersei Lannister from GoT, but I respect her as a character because she has a lot of depth of personality. A good character isn't always the good guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did you seriosly dig a post from March up again where the scene and players looked completely different? 

And I still think Contra is a very good player, they wanted to drop Huke because their personalities didn't mesh at all. 

i clicked the link that dreamer posted and it was right there i didnt just dig one up

• Downvote (-1) 1

do you mean you're not scrimming CLG till you get back, or are you not playing at all tonight?

Just not playing tonight :)

You can hate a well written character. For example, I hate Cersei Lannister from GoT, but I respect her as a character because she has a lot of depth of personality. A good character isn't always the good guy. 

She's pretty fire.  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even if you post saying "I hate cratos blah blah" - just the fact that you are talking about him and his team means whatever he is doing is working. 

This is literally Trump's campaign strategy.

This post is not an invitation to talk about politics, it is just a remark on the concept of "There is no such thing as bad publicity" and a current example of it in action.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

She's pretty fire.  :fire:

I definitely can't disagree espc after the walk of shame, but she loves to be a bitch. Ugh. 

Alright guys, how about we stop arguing over stupid bullshit and look at a handy dandy chart.

This compares the amount of deaths per game in slayer (AND ONLY SLAYER) to the amount of kills per game of slayer for season 1 of Pro League. It's sorted from least deaths per game at the top to most deaths per game at the bottom.

image_zpsa61dbeml.png

Why make something like this up? Well, it lets us easily see how players are contributing to their team's success in each game of slayer. So, for example, we can see that someone like Victory X does not die a lot per game, however he also gets even less kill per game, on average. Heinz is also an example of this play style, however as you can see, he ends up being a little more involved than VicX, and a little bit more negative.

Looking at Ninja, he ranks 4th last in the DpG. However, he ranks just outside the top 5 in KpG, proving what everyone really knows, that he tends to be a high event player, who trades a lot of kills with slightly less deaths, going positive on average. Predevonator and Contra also share this style, albeit with less amount of Kills and deaths total.

And of course, the money 8's team of Snipedown, Mikwen, Ola, and Huke. This will be fun to watch over the span of a season. Here we have 3 players who placed top 4 in terms of KpG last season, and Ola, who placed 11th. So obviously there will be a lot of firepower. The interesting thing to see will be the amount of deaths they put up per game of slayer. Snipedown, Mikwen, and Huke all placed worse than league average, in terms of DpG. To paint a broad picture, this is a team of 2 players that play high KpG/ high DpG styles (Snipedown + Mikwen) combined with a league leading KpG player (Huke) and a league average DpG player with a top 3rd of league KpG player (ola). Unless they change their own styles, expect some high flying, kill trading games of slayer from this *potential* team.

Always looking for feedback, let me know what you guys think.

P.S. None of these stats are to be taken as the only thing that matters, and there may be errors in the data from the logging process.

From the games i saw, i would have thought Ace would be a lot better then that and APG a lot fewer kills?

• Upvote (+1) 2

From the games i saw, i would have thought Ace would be a lot better then that and APG a lot fewer kills?

Don't forget, the graph only uses data from slayer games.

Just checked, you are correct. Looks like they got swapped, APG was about 8.67 KpG and Ace was 12. Incoming update, thanks

• Upvote (+1) 2