CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cratos has stated that Halo pros are "dicks," and "egotistical bastards," "Lethul is hella fake, but he cool," and anyone who streams a female gamer over a halo pro who isn't "tryna smash, nah mean" is a giant piece of shit, all in the past five minutes lmao

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the only players in the HCS with "likeable" online personalities are Maniac Naded,and Ninja, everyone else is so awkward on camera. 

Honorable mention for Spartan, but he does not make any youtube content.

we (or maybe just me) are tired of seeing gameplays, we see gameplay all day, give me a day in life vlog twice a week or something.

He might not have the same energy level as the ones you mentioned, but imo snakebite is great on stream.

edit: late on the snakebite appreciation apparently, but thirded nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 2

the only players in the HCS with "likeable" online personalities are Maniac Naded,and Ninja, everyone else is so awkward on camera. 

we (or maybe just me) are tired of seeing gameplays, we see gameplay all day, give me a day in life vlog twice a week or something.

Tbf, Ninja rarely makes youtube content and even in one of his last YouTube videos, told them he couldn't make promises of doing so since he has done that in the past and not delivered and didn't want to let ppl down. Sort of like when Ola went all 2007 Britney Spears on social media and promised a lot of content. Thankfully Ola had a good support system and got him back on the right foot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Problem is for some of these pros "a day in life vlog" is literally just them waking up and playing halo all day.

Not everyone watches streams all day

• Upvote (+1) 3

And on the other hand, I hate dislike Maniac. 

Likeable is subjective.

• Upvote (+1) 6

And on the other hand, I hate dislike Maniac.

Likeable is subjective.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he is a likable dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I uhh don't think anyone would be interested in my days.

Don't you live in Florida? There should be plenty of interesting things happening in Florida! idputmykappaemotehereifihadone

• Upvote (+1) 3

I uhh don't think anyone would be interested in my days.

We want to know how you get your hair so luscious

• Upvote (+1) 3

By not being the best in the game at any point.

I must have missed when he was the best player in the game. Lol.

I agree with you guys that he wasn't the best player in the game, but I have to imagine Cratos meant that he was one of the best players available for EG to pick up at the time. I don't want to put words into Cratos' mouth but that just makes more sense to me.

At the time EG picked him up, they were still a top team and I think we could make the argument, baring CLG and a select few, they could have picked up almost any player they wanted to. I guess I'm just trying to give Cratos the benefit of the doubt so that's my two cents lol.

Edit: meant 'barring' not baring.

And on the other hand, I hate dislike Maniac. 

Likeable is subjective.

Likeable is subjective, but its a fact that Maniac, Ninja, and Naded have used their personalities to build followings. I don't really like naded but I can see how his personality is appealing and see how he's used it. A lot of pros like lethul and snakebite are likeable, but just cause you have a good personality in real life it doesn't mean it'll transfer online, unless you actively try to, which maniac ninja and naded have done. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Roybox might as well team with Vic X. 

Clearly have a low chance of contending during the fall season, so go play with a friend. It isn't like they'll get relegated by Randa.

There's still a couple teams they could form that could challenge for top 4 imo.

With VictoryX though they'd have a difficult time getting 5th or 6th, assuming Contranator pickup some of the better leftovers like Shooter or Ace. If they're not striving for top 4 and are satisfied with just being in the Pro League then yeah they might as well team with Victory. However, I hope that is not the case and they still have it in them to compete for top 4.

interesting take from @@Cratos on Snipedown:

-Average Halo 5 player who is obviously going to look really good on that nV team.

-He's a bad teammate

-Its not how you act when you're winning, its how you act when you're losing

-Not knowledgeable at this game but gets by on his skill

Edit:

On EG:

-top 3 team at worlds, top 3 team going into pro league.

-take vacation and play poorly for two weeks

-Snipedown acted like he was way above his teammates, creates a hostile environment

-How does Suspector go from being the best player in the game to looking average?

Fwiw. I don't think he's completely wrong about the way eg fell apart. From toweyss videos it was clear there was frustration between roybox and snipe about how each other played

People act like eg was liquid bad for the season. They were 1 game from making the lab. And they had beat NV on LAN previously. All of a sudden people act like they're lucky to even be in Oro league

Not everyone has to vlog. Maniac, Flamesword, Cratos, Towey, Shooter, and others do it, but not everyone is cut out for it. There are a lot of other things that can be done. 

Fwiw. I don't think he's completely wrong about the way eg fell apart. From toweyss videos it was clear there was frustration between roybox and snipe about how each other played

I agree but I don't know how anyone could stand playing with RoyBox this past year without going insane. I can barely stand to listen to them arguing on stream I can't imagine what it is like in chat while playing. I legitimately had to mute streams several times because of how cringe it got. If they teamed with Ninja it would create some sort of black hole/dark matter anomaly. 

I have friends who are brothers that I've played many competitive shooters with primarily CS 1.4/Source and it's almost intolerable at times.

Lol Cratos sounding a little jaded... I do think his comment about how you handle losing is big. I felt like the new NV was taking the losses well though. Mikwen is the only one I have seen tilt at all and I think that's mainly to do with his connection.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not halo but is esports and thought you guys would like to read. Nice to see a well known traditional sports athlete giving esports its due.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/17289571/jeremy-lin-esports-unique-talent-players-draw

ARod, Shaq, and Jimmy Rollins are part owners of NRG eSports and Rick Fox created EchoFox. That ship has been in the harbor for a while now. 

Good article though despite it being Jeremy Lin.

• Downvote (-1) 4

ARod, Shaq, and Jimmy Rollins are part owners of NRG eSports and Rick Fox created EchoFox. That ship has been in the harbor for a while now. 

Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz is a huge gamer and eSports fan. When he was playing basketball at Butler he played on a local team in Halo tournaments.

Good read: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/gordon-hayward-jazz-video-games/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gilbert Arenas sponsored FB back in the day, damn near 10 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz is a huge gamer and eSports fan. When he was playing basketball at Butler he played on a local team in Halo tournaments.

Good read: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/gordon-hayward-jazz-video-games/

I'm a Celtics fan so trust me this is brought up a lot. Our fans think he is destined to end up with us despite there being zero chance he leaves Utah.