CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For a while I never thought egirls were an actual thing. I thought it was just a joke in the gaming community. I guess people fan out over anything. 

You get good enough at any game or anything really and you'll get all kinds of weird women around maybe men too if the situation was reversed but I can't really speak for that. You just need to be perceived as towards the top of any social structure no matter how stupid it sounds and my god is it awkward lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's a great streamer and a better player. He fits the Optic "mold" more than any other pro on the scene. He's been consistently Top 4 throughout all of the HCS. If OpTic was looking for a person to expand their brand *and* represent them well in the scene, Ninja is their perfect guy to build around. 

Plus, he's so marketable. Think about how many orgs this kid has helped bring in to the Halo scene. Cloud 9, Liquid, Renegades - they all wanted Ninja. 

Is he really a good fit for optic? I feel he is more about his own brand than trying to get the juice from another brand. He also lives with his gf unlike just about every other OG members besides Karma I think.

Reminds me of Naded

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What was the most viewed Halo match in Halo esports history?

I assume it was the HWC finals, peaked at 100k I believe.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

15 hour drive back from Canada delayed 2 hours because a road was washed out. Already caught up on the thread. :apg:

I'm more excited than I'll let anyone in this car know about based @@Snip3down opening up his rebroadcasts. Can't wait to get my first look at this money 8s team. #blessed

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is he really a good fit for optic? I feel he is more about his own brand than trying to get the juice from another brand. He also lives with his gf unlike just about every other OG members besides Karma I think.

Reminds me of Naded

OpTic Halo as a team and a brand needs Ninja. Ninja does not need OpTic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Man I really hope H5 forge on PC comes out soon. Been watching summit's stream a lot lately and he has been talking about he wants a new game to play and has said he would play the fuck out of H5 on pc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Which is why he wont join OpTic. Sponsor clash with Brisk I would think.

I'm not sure that would necessarily be that big of a problem. Being sponsored by Bud Light isn't likely to be as much of a deal breaker as say someone who's sponsored by Red Bull. EG also have a major energy drink sponsor in monster but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from running games with Ninja. idk tho

If RoyBox aren't going with Contranator I think their best bet would be two of Ninja, Shooter, or Ace. I have a bad feeling they really want to team with VicX because their old friends. No offense to VicX but that is quite concerning. They need to leave that dream behind because honestly any team combination with the twins and VicX won't have the slaying power to keep up with the majority of other teams imo. Being spanked by Liquid is pretty clear evidence of this. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Man I really hope H5 forge on PC comes out soon. Been watching summit's stream a lot lately and he has been talking about he wants a new game to play and has said he would play the fuck out of H5 on pc.

I don't watch him much, but didn't he say you'll be able to play custom games on PC as well?

Which is why he wont join OpTic. Sponsor clash with Brisk I would think.

I don't think so.  Just did some googling and Brisk is owned by Pepsi and partners with Lipton for the tea.  neither of those companies have any beer companies under them that I could find so they wouldn't be direct competitors.

15 hour drive back from Canada delayed 2 hours because a road was washed out. Already caught up on the thread. :apg:

I'm more excited than I'll let anyone in this car know about based @@Snip3down opening up his rebroadcasts. Can't wait to get my first look at this money 8s team. #blessed

They need to know your excitement man.  Convert the unconverted! I'm in year 4 of my "convince the wife to play halo" project..... its going slowly

I'm not sure that would necessarily be that big of a problem. Being sponsored by Bud Light isn't likely to be as much of a deal breaker as say someone who's sponsored by Red Bull. EG also have a major energy drink sponsor in monster but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from running games with Ninja. idk tho

If RoyBox aren't going with Contranator I think their best bet would be two of Ninja, Shooter, or Ace. I have a bad feeling they really want to team with VicX because their old friends. No offense to VicX but that is quite concerning. They need to leave that dream behind because honestly any team combination with the twins and VicX won't have the slaying power to keep up with the majority of other teams imo. Being spanked by Liquid is pretty clear evidence of this. 

I would not mind seeing them with Victory to be honest.  I think they could still be competitive though i wouldnt see that team toppling CLG either (duh).  Get the old pros that are at the same stage of life together for one last hurrah. RoyBox, Victory and Naded/2gre.  I could root for that

Roybox might as well team with Vic X. 

Clearly have a low chance of contending during the fall season, so go play with a friend. It isn't like they'll get relegated by Randa.

Edit:

@@Cratos on @@LethuL

-Have a better shot

-Make better decisions

-Make better plays

-All around better player than Lethul

-Lethul is a better fit for CLG that him

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

interesting take from @@Cratos on Snipedown:

-Average Halo 5 player who is obviously going to look really good on that nV team.

-He's a bad teammate

-Its not how you act when you're winning, its how you act when you're losing

-Not knowledgeable at this game but gets by on his skill

Edit:

On EG:

-top 3 team at worlds, top 3 team going into pro league.

-take vacation and play poorly for two weeks

-Snipedown acted like he was way above his teammates, creates a hostile environment

-How does Suspector go from being the best player in the game to looking average?

LOLing at all of this.  I mean literally, oh Cratos....

-Average Halo 5 player who is obviously going to look really good on that nV team.

-He's a bad teammate

-Not knowledgeable at this game but gets by on his skill

Edit:

On EG:

-top 3 team at worlds, top 3 team going into pro league.

-take vacation and play poorly for two weeks

-Snipedown acted like he was way above his teammates, creates a hostile environment

-How does Suspector go from being the best player in the game to looking average?

Cratos has to smoke less crack.

Suspector wasn't the best at any point, he was super agressive and was a more consistent Ninja the allegiance team just worked better with his playstyle.

EG was also no Top3 team at worlds? 

I don't watch him much, but didn't he say you'll be able to play custom games on PC as well?

Yeah customs will be available too

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the core point I was trying to make in my previous post relating to Snip3down opening up his past broadcast to everyone.

• Downvote (-1) 5

This is the core point I was trying to make in my previous post relating to Snip3down opening up his past broadcast to everyone.

I think that's more to do with the fact that he wanted people to get a chance to see the team play. I'm pretty sure he opened that broadcast from the beginning with Money8sNV.

I can certainly agree with the fact that he sometimes doesn't have the right attitude, but I believed him when he said last night that it was something he was working on. Even though he can sometimes be a tough teammate he seems to always point out when someone makes a good play, whether that was EG, or money8s NV, or way back on TD or Str8 during their "listen ins".

I think it will help being on a team with Pistola and Mikwen, who both have great competitive attitudes. Either way, Snip3down is still a winner, so it generally works out. 

I suppose only time will tell. 

Just wanted to say I love ninja to death and I'm not discrediting him or what he's worth.He's for sure an attraction to orgs and we all know how valuable he is to the halo community, but saying he's the reason these orgs came into the scene is just wrong

Sounds like we need more 'ninjas' to make ninja less ninja...  ;)

Translation: If we had more marketable players in the game, we'd have a more marketable game. And you'd stop orgs fighting over individuals if there's more to choose from. Even get to the point where the teams are picking the organisations rather than the other way around...  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the only players in the HCS with "likeable" online personalities are Maniac Naded,and Ninja, everyone else is so awkward on camera. 

Honorable mention for Spartan, but he does not make any youtube content.

we (or maybe just me) are tired of seeing gameplays, we see gameplay all day, give me a day in life vlog twice a week or something.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 31

the only players in the HCS with "likeable" online personalities are Maniac Naded,and Ninja, everyone else is so awkward on camera. 

Honorable mention for Spartan, but he does not make any youtube content.

we (or maybe just me) are tired of seeing gameplays, we see gameplay all day, give me a day in life vlog twice a week or something.

lethul 

• Upvote (+1) 5