CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

10 Things that I think I think. 

1. It's been fun watching @@Snip3down past broadcasts and getting to see them play their money 8s. I think it's really cool that he opened his past broadcasts up to non-subs. Although I could sub to him, I am a poor masters student studying in Prague, and every penny counts when you're this poor. (hence not owning an xbox, and even having to justify paying for internet).

2. Snip3down said EG should look to add Ninja and Shooter, and I can't agree more. Shooter is such a good player, and he would bring a level of stability to that roster. 

3. CLG is clearly still the best team out there. Yet, NV is also clearly the best team besides CLG, and they seem to have the overall drive to put in the work that CLG puts into it. I think it will make for a more interesting Fall Season. 

4. I think C9 is really exciting

5. Penguin is super classy. 

6. The more I watch HCS, and the more I learn about the players the more attached I get to each and every team. When I first came back to Halo a few months ago, I was strictly an EG fan because I knew them from H3. Now, there are players on every team that I like and respect. 

7. APG is amazing, and I will always cheer for his success. 

8. The Simms is also amazing

9. I love the (possible) nV Money 8s team of Huke, Snip3down, Mikwen, and Pistola. This has been my dream team for a while now, and to see all 4 of them playing together is the most emotionally invested I have ever been in a Halo team (and i've been watching Halo for a LONG time)

10. Snakebite is the best overall player in Halo 5.

1. If you have a general rule that your past broadcast will be sub only, it's understandable, what's not is when the decision to change it seems to be based on how well your team is doing.

2. It shows Ninja have a myopic view if he's considering joining EG because if he does join them the stigma that's already following him will grow, on EG he will be the focal point and rightfully so or not, he will be scapegoated when they get Destroyed by virtually every team in the league.

Ninja has two options, take the Optic juice or do what Naded did and take the season off, as for Shooter, I think he should join EG, no real down side for him.

3. I agree CLG is still the best team but Nv clearly being the second best, I disagree with.

4. Yeah I agree, C9 is exciting to watch, that being said, they don't have a scapegoat anymore so I'm interested in seeing how Commonly and Penguin perform because the pressure should be on them and not the new additions.

5. When you say Penguin is Classy, in what sense, he would never teabag other players?

6. I think HCS could do a better job of getting the fan base more invested by having video profiles of players in the league, I also think the players can do a better job by scheduling and committing to scrim days before, HCS and the players can then hype it up by tweeting it out.

7. "APG is amazing" ....at what? Halo 5?

8. Yeah I think Simms does a great job as a caster and in trying to grow the sport.

9. Not just Nv, I think C9 needs to step up to the plate and beat CLG this season or at the very least be competitive.

10. Best overall player?...subjective...skill wise this player won't be at the top of anyone's list but Lethal play more so than anyone else shows that he will do what ever it takes to win, filling the role of what the team needs in what ever game type, would put Naded 2nd and Commonly 3rd, again this is subjective and these 3, of the players I've seen have the best feel for the game.

Skills wise, is a difficult one but I would give it to Spartan.

Best Player in the game, not so difficult, would give it to Royal 2.

• Downvote (-1) 30

:laughing:

So HCS replies to a single tweet yet they can't tell the 20K+ viewers on stream when the season stars? they would have been the perfect time to do so., yet we find out in a single tweet. Yes, I know that the deadline for teams was late Aug which would made sense for the fall season to begin in Sept but thats not the point. 

They didn't release a detailed schedule for finals

They didn't have a stream for the 1st round of regulation matches ( @@TheSimms streamed it from his facebook account. I'm looking forward to the day he becomes the head of ESL for UK/ gets promoted.  The man has real passion for halo and the community.

They did not release a prize pool before or after the event. ( I had to tweet TJ for it)

They released the spectator  passes 2 weeks before the event which in turn, nobody showed up for finals. El Town tweeted a vid before finals  but later removed it probably because ESL/343 told him to.

Why can't 343/ESL be more upfront with the halo community. 

If ESL was a school project they'd be held back. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

?

With the exception of eg in the first lan of the game, everybody who has played CLG has been consistently dominated. I don't think snipedown won a single game against them since x games and huke just lost 4-0. Why are you singling out mikwen and pistola?

Exactly. It doesnt matter how "legitimate" your argument is if the presentation is awful and dickish

If ESL was a school project they'd be held back. 

Do school projects get held back? Or should you have said "If ESL were a student in school, they would get held back"?

• Upvote (+1) 5

: snip :

Snip3down took off sub mode for replays because he is excited about his team and due to popular demand. He also said that may change. Dont disparage the guy for that geez.

Penguin is classy as a human to our beloved forum. Have you seen his posts here?

He was saying apg is awesome as a human as well given all the shit recently.

Why do people keep suggesting that ninja take the optic juice? He needs an offer first? And i think the fact that eg is getting 2 new players instead of 1 lessens the scapegoat risk were he to go there.

Otherwise i pretty much agree.

Is the roybox contranator dream totally dead at this point?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates that gif with a passion

inb4 somebody quotes me with it

Any time i can see jlaw be sarcastic is ok with me

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do school projects get held back? Or should you have said "If ESL were a student in school, they would get held back"?

How dare you. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would like to congratulate you :) You made a 10 point statement without it sparking a debate :) This has to be a TB record, well done :)

Get this man his full-gold bar.

?With the exception of eg in the first lan of the game, everybody who has played CLG has been consistently dominated. I don't think snipedown won a single game against them since x games and huke just lost 4-0. Why are you singling out mikwen and pistola?

I was referring to them on an individual level, not necessary nV as a team during season 1. Snipedown and Huke both played better individually against CLG than Mikwen and Ola, and that concerns me with their money 8s team going into season 2.

Exactly. It doesnt matter how "legitimate" your argument is if the presentation is awful and dickish

You're absolutely right and I apologized for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was referring to them on an individual level, not necessary nV as a team during season 1. Snipedown and Huke both played better individually against CLG than Mikwen and Ola, and that concerns me with their money 8s team going into season 2.

Ah ok that makes sense

snip

Sorry for the double post, I just saw this. 

Also sorry you got negged so hard for your post.

I definitely don't hold it against anyone for having sub-only rebroadcasts, I just really appreciated the fact he opened it up for the time being. 

My references towards APG, the Simms, and Penguin were about their character as individuals which I think transcends Halo 5 overall. 

And obviously my opinion on NV and snakebite were subjective. I think you can make the case for anyone on CLG being the top player :) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish people would stop putting Ninja on optic just because he is a big streamer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dank ass vid

Jesus was this guy on fiverr or something? Top notch Saucey.

So, I'm gonna make a guess that the mystery 4th on ALG was Ninja and EG will be fucked.

Maybe roybox shooter and vicx? Idk

I know Ninja is on vacation in AZ. Does anyone know if he actually has a box out there? I know he bought a suped up laptop to stream H1Z! for a short amount of time.

I just checked this girl out on twitter and holy hell she is blasting APG and Ace lol

For a while I never thought egirls were an actual thing. I thought it was just a joke in the gaming community. I guess people fan out over anything. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wish people would stop putting Ninja on optic just because he is a big streamer.

He's a great streamer and a better player. He fits the Optic "mold" more than any other pro on the scene. He's been consistently Top 4 throughout all of the HCS. If OpTic was looking for a person to expand their brand *and* represent them well in the scene, Ninja is their perfect guy to build around. 

Plus, he's so marketable. Think about how many orgs this kid has helped bring in to the Halo scene. Cloud 9, Liquid, Renegades - they all wanted Ninja. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

He's a great streamer and a better player. He fits the Optic "mold" more than any other pro on the scene. He's been consistently Top 4 throughout all of the HCS. If OpTic was looking for a person to expand their brand *and* represent them well in the scene, Ninja is their perfect guy to build around. 

Plus, he's so marketable. Think about how many orgs this kid has helped bring in to the Halo scene. Cloud 9, Liquid, Renegades - they all wanted Ninja. 

Not to mention, he's now a Bud Light athlete...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

imo the only thing that could stop CLG is the release of H6, but even then ...

Not to mention, he's now a Bud Light athlete...

Which is why he wont join OpTic. Sponsor clash with Brisk I would think.