CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So HCS replies to a single tweet yet they can't tell the 20K+ viewers on stream when the season stars? they would have been the perfect time to do so., yet we find out in a single tweet. Yes, I know that the deadline for teams was late Aug which would made sense for the fall season to begin in Sept but thats not the point. 

It's a pretty big mismanagement of information. It's honestly very confusing as a fan because it feels like they're unaware of how marketing works.

If you didn't want to announce the season starting in September at Finals that's fine, but replying to a random tweet is ridiculous. Actually freaking announce it. Do a live reveal, do a hype trailer. DO SOMETHING.

I know we only got the month and not the exact date, but it still applies. Don't put that information out there until you've done it in such a way that it can't be missed or glossed over.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's like you said on stream today, people just want to see you guys lose. nV are the new "team that can challenge CLG" so anything bad said about them just gets insta-neg'd lol.

not really, your statement was stupid. Literally everyone gets dominated by CLG. Not just mikwen and ola lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

not really, your statement was stupid. Literally everyone gets dominated by CLG. Not just mikwen and ola lol

Lol this ^. A quick look at the record of every single team on LAN against CLG. 1-some number.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates that gif with a passion

inb4 somebody quotes me with it

It's one of those gifs that people with no argument use to "win" arguments.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I believe 343 were wanting to add Assault. Remove stasis ctf and empire sh for two or three good assault maps and I'm happy

I want KotH or Oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want KotH or Oddball.

Vetoed did some viewer customs with oddball once and he said it didn't play well at all. KotH would be nice though

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates that gif with a passion

inb4 somebody quotes me with it

I find it context sensitive. Wadeitout isn't exactly Bo Burnham so it doesn't get a laugh from me.

I think it's awesome that Snipedown has been pulling 1,200-1,800 viewers even during 14-0 scrims. Could we see a spike in viewership for S2 Pro League?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before going out last night, decided to play a few games, only needed 3 to get placed (the slack is at Optic levels atm). Played like crap because I didn't warm up, but my earlier games must have gone better because I got ranked Onyx 1700. Now I was excited, figured I'd play 1 more to continue this good feeling. Rig Strongholds, eh not my favorite game type but let's go. Hold the back button, NV is the other team. 

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

:laughing:

So HCS replies to a single tweet yet they can't tell the 20K+ viewers on stream when the season stars? they would have been the perfect time to do so., yet we find out in a single tweet. Yes, I know that the deadline for teams was late Aug which would made sense for the fall season to begin in Sept but thats not the point.

They didn't release a detailed schedule for finals

They didn't have a stream for the 1st round of regulation matches ( @@TheSimms streamed it from his facebook account. I'm looking forward to the day he becomes the head of ESL for UK/ gets promoted. The man has real passion for halo and the community.

They did not release a prize pool before or after the event. ( I had to tweet TJ for it)

They released the spectator passes 2 weeks before the event which in turn, nobody showed up for finals. El Town tweeted a vid before finals but later removed it probably because ESL/343 told him to.

Why can't 343/ESL be more upfront with the halo community.

it seems to me like they don't care. At all.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to congratulate you :) You made a 10 point statement without it sparking a debate :) This has to be a TB record, well done :)

whoa hold on. He did it at 530 in the morning. There is still time
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd have more confidence in nV, but the fact is Mikwen and Pistola have been consistently dominated by CLG at LANs.

?

With the exception of eg in the first lan of the game, everybody who has played CLG has been consistently dominated. I don't think snipedown won a single game against them since x games and huke just lost 4-0. Why are you singling out mikwen and pistola?

• Upvote (+1) 3

In my head, I'm trying to figure out what my ideal roster would be to take on CLG. I just have no idea. In previous Halos it was pretty clear who the best players are (outside of the top team), but in Halo 5 there is a lot of talent so I'm just not sure. Perhaps I just don't watch enough.

How would you guys describe Huke and Mikwen as players atm? nV, E6 & C9 are the teams to watch in regards to someone to challenge CLG imo.

In my opinion, right now, there is no team we can potentially make that will beat CLG. It's the Optic Gaming CoD situation, where they have the 4 best players in the game, if one under performs 1/2 will go lights out, on top of being good friends AND sticking with the team for long periods. nV, E6 and C9(?) Have the next 6 but even then, the combined total is not enough just because of the chemistry CLG has. 4 good friends on top of being 4 of the best without a doubt. This is FB and Carbon all over again, I truly think E6 could have given them a run had they continued this season but I don't think so anymore.

Lastly, I think Cratos is stupid for dropping Shooter. Just as I was liking you Cratos, you go and do that. God damn.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1