CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

aPG just misplaced his thumbs after week 1 with Optic (remember he was shitting his first week on the team). He found them for the LAN and now season 2 :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

i have been concussed before, first thing it did to me was make me puke my guts out whenever i tried to stand, then gave me massive headaches. all while ruining my hand eye coordination. the pain meds alone messed me up for a good 2-3 months.

edit: i broke bones as well as being concussed btw

Can confirm. I raced motocross in my teen years and concussions jacked me up way worse than broken bones ever did. I have entire days erased from my memory. Even if you feel like you have recovered, the cognitive effects can linger for a long time.

After his resurgence at relegation, I think people need to back off on aPG and see how he performs in S2 before casting judgements on how he played in S1 due to that accident.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Were you concussed in your forum avatar?

oddly enough , my foot was still 100% broken

Ya APG fell off a cliff after that concussion. Not to mention that it wasn't just a concussion -- dude was on a plane for 5 hours and in front of a screen for like 2-3 days afterwards when he should have been in a room with no light that whole time. I'm sure he'll make a comeback S2 tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Were you concussed in your forum avatar?

Immediately changes forum avatar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ya APG fell off a cliff after that concussion. Not to mention that it wasn't just a concussion -- dude was on a plane for 5 hours and in front of a screen for like 2-3 days afterwards when he should have been in a room with no light that whole time. I'm sure he'll make a comeback S2 tho

Right, then had to leave a team. be out for a bit, get on an Optic team that was reeling/in turmoil after Naded's "retirement" and be expected to perform at a high level.

He never made any excuses so props to @@aPG for that, but we can do that for him and hopefully get to see a comeback in S2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't underestimate concussions, they take awhile to properly heal and may have hurt @@aPG when playing this season. Now he isn't going to make this excuse, but it's something that should be looked at.

A serious concussion (like from a car crash) can take over a year to heal. While healing you are supposed to rest your brain. Even bright light is a detrement. People recovering from TBI are advised to stay in a dark room and rest, not to even watch tv... APG flew to an event and tried to compete. No doubt in my mind his slump is 100% due to his brain injury. Gotta respect that he still tried to show up for his team.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This guy knows

o.O APG played great all weekend in LA, and outside of his gameplay he has really good communication... I dont get why he gets so much shit...

But though out the league season. He was consistently struggling, he did play a lot better over the weekend. But i wouldn't but didn't he goose a few times this season?

w0ulds self esteem August 17th,1993 - August 12th, 2016

I lost my self esteem when I got ninja'd in a halo reach launch gamestop tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fun fact: APG didn't have the lowest K/D at the burbank qualifiers despite his concussion, can anyone guess who did? 

Fun fact: APG didn't have the lowest K/D at the burbank qualifiers despite his concussion, can anyone guess who did? 

Assault

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Me. I was playing out of the back of a 1987 Toyota Tercel hatchback in the parking lot. Really needed to step my game up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can I have Maniac for $300 please?

• Upvote (+1) 1