CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, sorry for the double post, but I'm rereading soccernomics after suggesting it yesterday (in regards to why stats are important) and there are a couple of interesting things that relate to halo. I'm not able to sum them all up, but one for consideration now, which I'd genuinely appreciate people's thoughts on, is why doesn't the coach have more say in the roster and such for orgs?

a coach and a talent evaluator are two different things

• Upvote (+1) 2

Caught up from yesterday. As a current EG fan through the tough times and a lowkey old E6 supporter who is keeping an eye on the new roster, I just want Shooter to get a decent team man. Played out of his mind at the LAN, did the dirty work through the HCS and he seems like a stand up guy in the videos. My new favorite pro. Someone decent please pick him up for the love of Cortana. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

a coach and a talent evaluator are two different things

At the moment maybe, but it's in the orgs best interests to change this I'd argue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At the moment maybe, but it's in the orgs best interests to change this I'd argue.

i don't disagree

99% of the reason why players have so much freedom over team changes is because our scene is literally just starting to get back on it's feet and halo in general is low reward for most orgs

if halo was like LCS where a challenger league position was worth a million bucks things would be much different

• Upvote (+1) 3

i don't disagree

99% of the reason why players have so much freedom over team changes is because our scene is literally just starting to get back on it's feet and halo in general is low reward for most orgs

if halo was like LCS where a challenger league position was worth a million bucks things would be much different

Ah right. That's why I was asking, because outside of halo I don't really follow any other esports, so I have no clue whether it was done differently elsewhere.

It seems strange though that orgs which are a part of bigger esports don't carry the model across to halo, though.

I legit think "stat haters" are just bad at math

Git Gud scrubs

Nobody hates stats

Completely unrelated, but does anybody know if any pros play with unequal horizontal and vertical sensitivities?

Also, since I'm thinking about stats, does anybody remember how you had to do like 60% damage to get an assist in reach? I guess half of damage didn't count as helping your teammate out :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I matched Ghostayame in MM tonight. I sent him a message asking for him to fix the aiming, theater and spectator mode. He replied with, "Working on it. <3" So, there's that... I guess.

We forget that there will always be people at 343 like Ghostayame who care about the same things we do. They just can't call the shots or always shout loud enough 

Has OpTic played since finals?

I think they are just back from supporting the CoD team, so I dont think so.

Its interesting, i notice my damage is generally lower than the rest of my teams.  Like solo queuing, if i do the best in the game i tend to have the most damage.  When i play with people all around my skill level and i just happen to have a game where i perform better than everyone statistically, i still dont really ever have the most damage and often have the least.  Idk if the damage stat is broken and doesnt work well with the way i play or what, but i notice so often my damage is way lower but i have no idea why.  It hasnt been as much of an issue lately, but still even games where i have the most kills by 10 and least deaths i have less damage then some people.  Its confusing.

Damage calculates oddly. I have a feeling (or maybe someone has brought this up already) that it's updates are tied to your deaths.

I've had a few really quick CTF games where I died once in the beginning and ended on a long streak. I had 10-15 kills and maybe 200-400 damage. it's literally impossible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo5Arena >

IMO

They are all good though

I meant halo5arena, not halo5stats. Currently my favorite also. That and datahive are the two I use most.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they are just back from supporting the CoD team, so I dont think so.

Ace and APG were playing with Royal 2 / Lethul yesterday. Str8 Sick has been playing for awhile since he didn't go to Orlando.

Did I miss something? Why does everything @@W0uld post automatically get -repped?  :wutface:

If you don't know why most of the things he says get neg-repped, then the only thing you're apparently missing are his posts :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace and APG were playing with Royal 2 / Lethul yesterday. Str8 Sick has been playing for awhile since he didn't go to Orlando.

So OpTic hasn't been playing... At least publicly.  :apg:

I think he meant as a team

Can we take this concept further and get player specific stances? Ace napping celebration, naded dancing or snipedowns chair incident post victory animations? Too far?

I can get behind this 100%

I think its hilarious u kids talking about lxthul. u wouldnt say this stuff to him at LAN, hes JACKED. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

So that was you in Snip3down's chat last night?  Or did you copy this from there? Or did someone copy it from here?

Did I miss something? Why does everything @@W0uld post automatically get -repped?  :wutface:

He tried to be sneaky by giving intel that wasn't really intel without saying anything but using a lot of words.  It came off as needy attention grabbing douchebaggery and we have been holding a grudge every since lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ace and aPG were playing with Lethul last night. Str8 was running with subs. No Nick, so no games together yet.

Edit: beaten to the punch

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Bloom is the best thing that ever happened to Halo"

-Huke 2010

Did he really say that? He would have been 10...