CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is the RoyBox/ContraDev dream still alive? Haven't been able to pay close attention the last few days.

RoyBox has been running with Ninja and Victory X. I think they only played with Contra/Devon once or twice, for whatever reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always tried to remove this from my memory. Not because I got last place, simply because it's Halo 4.

Yeah, well...

"Halo 4 for me was my rebirth" - The Simms

"Halo4 makes all the halo 2 kids return to the game" - The Simms

Team Beyond never forgets.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, well...

"Halo 4 for me was my rebirth" - The Simms

"Halo4 makes all the halo 2 kids return to the game" - The Simms

Team Beyond never forgets.

:lxthul:

"Bloom is the best thing that ever happened to Halo"

-Huke 2010

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theyve been in CoD...

...I know and they have left just like in Halo. They why I posted it. They came back for Season 2 Finals and they are now also coming back for the biggest COD event ever just like Halo Worlds. I guess I should have explained it better. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was trying to catch up before I posted this but time was getting on and I'm still on yesterday's posts so apologies if someone else already called this (I obviously spotted it first no matter who posted)

W0uld has revealed his true intentions! All that jive was just him living his own halo frustrations out through the ninj'

He wants nay deserves his shot at the pro circuit and now he's got his "fame" he's called out all pro's to fight him in money 8's and a 1v1 with rayne! Ooo baby it's on! look out for him on next seasons circuit. Well played w0uld. Well played. ;)

In other news can all teams just go back to the same rosters as of the end of last pro league and try the leftfield tactic of oh, Idk, maybe at least being as committed, organised, practised, disciplined and selfless as clg to see how good they could be before tearing up every other team to find a quick fixes and secret formulae to beat the champs.

Excuse me if that last bit seems naive.

Ps. Maybe if you're a comedian you could try being funny? (See Frank's "winning in public" and following post - genuinely lol'd at those two)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I will say that Dmg/Min and Dmg/D are two of the best stats we've ever had, but yeah, no stats can fully summarize a player's contributions. Especially if we compare it to traditional sports. They almost always have better, more useful statistics and the stats still lead GMs astray all the time. As always you have to find ways to put them in context.

Isn't the damage counter broken though? Apologies if we get it from a reliable source other than in game or it's been fixed.

Isn't the damage counter broken though? Apologies if we get it from a reliable source other than in game or it's been fixed.

As far as i know, the only problem is that damage is not counted until you die. So if i get a perfection my damage dealt will be 0.

So the number can be off especially if you are on a decent spree at the end of the game. 

As far as i know, the only problem is that damage is not counted until you die. So if i get a perfection my damage dealt will be 0.

So the number can be off especially if you are on a decent spree at the end of the game.

My mate had a perfection the other week and had 44 dmg

I also thought I'd read certain weapons damage doesn't count in certain situations as well as other problems with it?

My question really is: why do we even refer to a possibly incorrect statistic when discussing pro's performance?

As much of an nV fan as I am, these are just honeymoon scrims against average to poor teams.

Let's take a step back and remember just how dominant and godly CLG really is.

agreed, CLG was so dominant last season it doesn't matter who they scrim it just doesn't suggest anything in regard to CLG. One thing we do know is that last season NV was barely squeaking by or losing to almost everybody in scrims , I would not hesitate to say this potential version definitely looks stronger. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

My mate had a perfection the other week and had 44 dmg

I also thought I'd read certain weapons damage doesn't count in certain situations as well as other problems with it?

My question really is: why do we even refer to a possibly incorrect statistic when discussing pro's performance?

I remember someone saying that damage done was updated when there were 'events' in game (deaths being one such, another is picking up a power weapon etc) - however I can't remember where I saw it so don't hold me to that.

Also like I said yesterday halo stats are flawed by the level of depth. However, all stats we get are the same for all players - whilst the stat may be incorrectly calculated, it is incorrectly calculated for everyone and as such we can still draw some comparisons. Obviously it's better if the stat is correct, but any Pro can go in a streak at the end of the game and it'll not be counted - unless there are any pros with a tendency for this, it shouldn't matter too much as over time it'll even out.

Also, sorry for the double post, but I'm rereading soccernomics after suggesting it yesterday (in regards to why stats are important) and there are a couple of interesting things that relate to halo. I'm not able to sum them all up, but one for consideration now, which I'd genuinely appreciate people's thoughts on, is why doesn't the coach have more say in the roster and such for orgs?

Players have a vested interest in keeping their own spots but also have the biggest interest in moving to a better team - whilst coaches can move as well it could be interesting to see a coach who actually helps build the roster as they would be less likely to move on after each 'failed' attempt.

I get this is coming across jumbled (sorry it's hectic here!) but what I'm trying to say is why do orgs give so much power in regard to team decisions to those who have the biggest interest in manipulating them and are also the most likely to move short term?

• Upvote (+1) 2

...I know and they have left just like in Halo. They why I posted it. They came back for Season 2 Finals and they are now also coming back for the biggest COD event ever just like Halo Worlds. I guess I should have explained it better. 

They had two teams in the Challenger division for Season 1 CWL. One of their teams qualified and competed in Season 2. All they have done since is make roster changes. They haven't left CoD since they came in months ago.

• Downvote (-1) 2