CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it were up to me, I would nominate Shooter as the most improved player from the Summer HCS. Not sure if stats would back that up, but he seems to have reached a new level as of late.

Would like to see EG run with him in place of Victory X. Seems like he might give them a little more punch.

Edit: Anyone know why EG ended up not scrimming tonight?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For those only watching the "money 8s" - Naded, Eco, El Town, Danoxide beat Stellur, Suspector, Cratos, Bubu Dudu 10-4. Good games was great to watch.

I'm really liking that Liquid team hope they continue to play this good.

Just a reminder: Now is a perfect time to put it in writing that you're not sure if the NV money 8s team will be that good.

If anybody wants to offer odds on games taken the first time they scrim CLG, I'll be listening.

I'll bite and say they get exactly 4th at the Fall Pro League Finals(assuming a 4 team LAN). I predicted them to not get top 4 for season 1 and they completely proved me wrong. We'll see how it goes this time. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Such a dominating performance. This team is fun to watch.

I wouldn't they as dominant as CLG in the way they play. NV isn't as structured yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you not like this team, or are you a fan? I legit can't tell lol

I think you guys are quite obviously going to be better than any non-CLG team we've seen so far, and definitely giving CLG stiff competition. I would say you're the team to beat / obvious #2 but we haven't seen enough solidify with other teams to tell. You have 3 of the ~6 player pool I think are critical, and your 4th is ola, so... not exactly a boat anchor.

I'm poking fun at people who overemphasize the importance of having "underappreciated" or "workhorse" players who don't put up big stats. In my eyes, the fact that NV8s looks good on paper CAN be extrapolated to infer that it will actually be good. Some forum posters believe there is a spooky x-factor hidden variable of "chemistry" that makes that type of prediction literally impossible. And I'm saying that if team strength is so loose weave that you can't even be sure NV8s is going to be good, then why not put some money on the line?

And to TB's credit, it looks like I do actually have an offer, haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll bite and say they get exactly 4th at the Fall Pro League Finals(assuming a 4 team LAN). I predicted them to not get top 4 for season 1 and they completely proved me wrong. We'll see how it goes this time. 

Now here's a real man.

I'll put $10 to your $5 that they get 1st, 2nd or 3rd, assuming that NV8s and CLG rosters stay as they are currently. 

EDIT: Oh, you were just "putting it in writing". Forgot how I worded that. Bravery all the same though, good shit.

10-4 in favour of CLG. $25

But nV will win the next LAN. Hurricane Lethul 2 hours before roster lock leading towards HWC 2017. $500.

1:1 odds, I collect if NV8s wins or ties more than 4 games, correct? That's a great performance even for the #2 team, especially given that they just formed. Tell you what, I'll offer:

$5 if the scrim happens tomorrow through this weekend

$10 if the scrim doesn't happen until after this sunday

$25 if at any time Mikwen gets off of this 200 ping situation

Terms: rosters must stay the same, all games must be played, conflict to be resolved by arbitration via the TB forums if there's any weirdness with lagouts

Forget scrimming, we need a beyond 4v4 tourney asap. Get it done @@Saucey

There is another Beyond $1,000 4v4 this month. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

What is the current nV roster as is? Missed the scrims and can't find the answers. I think it's Pistola, Snipedown, Mikwen and Penguin? Is penguin still on the team? Who is Suspector teaming with?

What is the current nV roster as is? Missed the scrims and can't find the answers. I think it's Pistola, Snipedown, Mikwen and Penguin? Is penguin still on the team? Who is Suspector teaming with?

Snipedown, Mikwen, Huke, Ola

Penguin, Rayne, Spartan, Commonly

Just to be crystal clear these aren't actual teams, just money 8 teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really hopeful of a solid Liquid roster forming from the scrims we have seen.

Naded and El Town are 2 of the nerdiest players in the game. Their chemistry with Danoxide and Eco seems to be hitting the ground running.

I reckon @@TiberiusAudley may need to put me on the payroll so we can, together, figure out how this configuration works best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown, Mikwen, Huke, Ola

Penguin, Rayne, Spartan, Commonly

Just to be crystal clear these aren't actual teams, just money 8 teams.

Right. Just money 8 teams. W0uldn't want to be sued or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's so nice to finally have a team that looks like they can actually give CLG a run for there money next season instead of the constant domination we saw last season.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

As much of an nV fan as I am, these are just honeymoon scrims against average to poor teams.

Let's take a step back and remember just how dominant and godly CLG really is.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1