CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I remember the days of Beyond when there'd be like 3 new pages every few days. Now I go away for a few hours and have to read like 6 pages of posts.  :weback: Beyond :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 7

If this C9 roster sticks, and if an eventual rostermania happens in the future, Rayne may be dropped from Cloud 9 :simms:

This whole time I thought your profile picture was a chief helmet with a crest, now I realise it's a chief helmet with a plasma grenade.

Sigh. I'm an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This whole time I thought your profile picture was a chief helmet with a crest, now I realise it's a chief helmet with a plasma grenade.

Sigh. I'm an idiot.

Don't worry man when I first saw the salt emote, I thought it was hand grasping some sort of metal fist (like you'd do getting ready to punch something) or a light bulb. Not my brightest moment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just got goosed on Truth Flag by Rammy, Devon, and ContrA.

I'm both honored and incredibly deflated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any teams playing yet?

And by teams I mean money 8 teams.

And by money 8 teams I mean Pro League teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I love numbers, but today has opened my eyes to how useless many of the stats are in this game. Other sports have similar issues, but through the years presenters have found ways to derive useful statistics from less useful ones.

For example I remember when my Ravens defense first started going downhill, and they were getting torched in the air. At first, analysts were using low opponent rush totals to support the idea that our rush defense was still top of the league. In reality teams didn't bother running, because passing was so effective. Now they are better at talking about rushing yards per attempt, and discarding data (and the argument) if attempts are below a league norm.

I say all that just to say that I hope the API and analysts can do much better in the future, especially when it comes to obj. The number of flag pulls a guy gets is essentially useless. I'm more interested in how many pulls actually lead to a cap, how many pulls were made in a successful attempt to stop the opponent from scoring, damage taken/dealt as the primary runner, how many players were down when successful pull was made, damage dealt during flag run... That sorta shit

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just got goosed on Truth Flag by Rammy, Devon, and ContrA.

I'm both honored and incredibly deflated.

I outshot him on Rig TS with the crispy perrrrrrrrrfect.

Then he shit on me the rest of the game

The number of flag pulls a guy gets is essentially useless.

For clarity's sake: the main reason I chose to display that stat of Sal's is because, from watching Liquid vs nV scrims, it felt like any time Liquid were set up and in position to get a cap on Fathom Flag, eL ToWn was pulling the flag from Liquid's base, forcing them to split their attention, and usually end up in either a standoff situation or just a double dead-cap scenario -- his pulls were effectively stopping Liquid's.

It was always eL ToWn doing it, too.  Any time Liquid had top mid and/or were pulling a flag, eL ToWn was the one overextending to get a countergrab.

The play goes unnoticed, but it shows up as a blip on the stat sheet with the ambiguous "Flag Grab" stat.  I didn't just look up flag grabs to go "Oh look, he grabs the objective a bunch he must be an obj god."

• Upvote (+1) 3

For clarity's sake: the main reason I chose to display that stat of Sal's is because, from watching Liquid vs nV scrims, it felt like any time Liquid were set up and in position to get a cap on Fathom Flag, eL ToWn was pulling the flag from Liquid's base, forcing them to split their attention, and usually end up in either a standoff situation or just a double dead-cap scenario -- his pulls were effectively stopping Liquid's.

It was always eL ToWn doing it, too.  Any time Liquid had top mid and/or were pulling a flag, eL ToWn was the one overextending to get a countergrab.

The play goes unnoticed, but it shows up as a blip on the stat sheet with the ambiguous "Flag Grab" stat.  I didn't just look up flag grabs to go "Oh look, he grabs the objective a bunch he must be an obj god."

I think it's really cool that if you look at every player from Worlds Allegiance you see that they all have very similar hyper aggressive playstyles. They were definitely the first team to take advantage of Halo 5's movement and use it in their playstyle.

For what it's worth, Lethul+Frosty+APG+Eco dominated everyone in MCC H3 as per the HCS podcast thing the other day.

Royal 2 is also the best sniper I've ever played in H3. Rest of his game wasn't very evolved back then but he was insane with the snipe. He was 10-12 during H3 I believe. Think he went to an event and did well in final H3 season and then broke out in Reach.

For what it's worth, Lethul+Frosty+APG+Eco dominated everyone in MCC H3 as per the HCS podcast thing the other day.

Royal 2 is also the best sniper I've ever played in H3. Rest of his game wasn't very evolved back then but he was insane with the snipe. He was 10-12 during H3 I believe. Think he went to an event and did well in final H3 season and then broke out in Reach.

He was pretty good back then but you haven't seen shit until you play Maniac on yellow bar. Naded was pretty crazy online too

It was always eL ToWn doing it, too. Any time Liquid had top mid and/or were pulling a flag, eL ToWn was the one overextending to get a countergrab.

The play goes unnoticed, but it shows up as a blip on the stat sheet with the ambiguous "Flag Grab" stat. I didn't just look up flag grabs to go "Oh look, he grabs the objective a bunch he must be an obj god."

That's what I mean. I support that analysis, You are able to see that value, because you saw it unfolding. I want the API to capture that somehow. Without context, the stat is useless. But there is useful information just asking to be derived.

I want the numbers to paint a better picture of how useful each player is to the obj.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel another storm coming... (not an intel post I know nothing)

Some say the storm has never calmed

• Upvote (+1) 3

so you never intended to run with Ninja? And did this all behind his back until all players were ready?

I said we were a team of 3 (Ninja, Victory, and Myself)

Then we picked Hamy as our fourth, then rayne freed up, and Hamy and I left for Rayne / Penguin

I think you interpreted what I said wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2