CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lethul just said on stream CLG would be a top 3 if not top 1 team if the game was Halo 3.  Boy would I pay to see CLG play against some of the top teams of H3 in a show match....

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lethul just said on stream CLG would be a top 3 if not top 1 team if the game was Halo 3.  Boy would I pay to see CLG play against some of the top teams of H3 in a show match....

I can't say I disagree with him but I don't think they'd be as dominant of a team. Similar to EG in H2A probably. Still win, albeit closer competition. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haha love it. They'll get there, gotta believe.

I do. I'm so glad they moved to Charlotte so I could have a regional connection to the team as a whole. It's really hard being a sports fan in the South. Worst part is I'm from Jersey so I'm a Ravens/Yankees fan and they haven't been good to me either lately. 

It's rough. 

Here's to hoping nV lives up to their hype. I believe it. 

I can't say I disagree with him but I don't think they'd be as dominant of a team. Similar to EG in H2A probably. Still win, albeit closer competition.

Has frosty ever even played a halo without sprint? Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

True, but the deviance is derived from the mean so even with upward variance it still means (no pun) there were numbers low enough to pull the mean down. That's why I like the formula.

Right, but the point is that if I tell you that <player> has a mean K/D of 1.46 and a standard deviation of 0.51 over 25 games, how many games do you think he had with < 1.0 K/D?

0 or 6?

b7Of8rl.png

Both of these distributions I made up have the same mean and variance. But surely you'd agree they tell different stories.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im just ready to see the final roster lock and get back to pro league even though it was a let down for season 1, I'm sure season 1 will be better!

Right, but the point is that if I tell you that <player> has a mean K/D of 1.46 and a standard deviation of 0.51 over 25 games, how many games do you think he had with < 1.0 K/D?

0 or 6?

b7Of8rl.png

Both of these distributions I made up have the same mean and variance. But surely you'd agree they tell different stories.

Yeah they would tell different stories. I might go ahead and plot my data from earlier. I sort of compensated for this by laying out games under .8 k/d and games above 1 k/d. 

Str8 rippin,triggerz down,FB, instinct. This clg team wouldn't win any of the mlg tournaments in halo 3

is that you in lethuls chat, themayor1996?

Str8 rippin,triggerz down,FB, instinct. This clg team wouldn't win any of the mlg tournaments in halo 3

H3 ran for like 3 years, im sure they would take at least one mlg event. 

Yeah they would tell different stories. I might go ahead and plot my data from earlier. I sort of compensated for this by laying out games under .8 k/d and games above 1 k/d. 

Definitely would be interesting to see.

What I really want to set up is a bayesian analysis that constructs priors on expected K/D, KDA, damage, etc. based on teammates, opponents, gametype, etc. Then you could generate per-player ELO ratings, do value-over-replacement analyses, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait if Lxthul the #2 GOAT and a top 4 player, where does that put Lethul?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has frosty ever even played a halo without sprint? Kappa

I know you added the Kappa, but as far as I understand, Lethul came to know Frosty's potential because of 2014 Online Halo 3 stuff.

I know you added the Kappa, but as far as I understand, Lethul came to know Frosty's potential because of 2014 Online Halo 3 stuff.

those were the best days halo 3 had ever seen 

Listen if I didn't hate everyone the forums wouldn't be as lit as they have been. Thank me in neg rep. (I actually like most of you fuckers.)

Accidental +rep  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

everyone on this CLG team was like 12 during H3 of course they couldn't hang  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Listen if I didn't hate everyone the forums wouldn't be as lit as they have been. Thank me in neg rep. (I actually like most of you fuckers.)

Listen. We love you too

I am traveling overseas for the first time in my life this weekend and staying all of next week. In this time, I will not be keeping up with this thread or anything Halo related. With that said, I fully expect to return home and post "I'm back, bitches" to be met with a full recap of what I missed simple due to my prominent status within this community as "that random fuck that's been here since day 1." Thanks in advance.

No shit? I'm doing the same thing. Leave Saturday, get back 10 days later. Also my first time out of the country. I hope to come back to a total dumpster fire of team drama and Beyond arguments.