CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And there it is boy's the first person to place a non clg member in the top 3.

Just how? Why? when?

Like the guy has accomplished very little in this game and you are saying he is top 3 above two members of CLG who have dominated the game.

Can you give me your dealer's number please? as I want what you have.

These kind of things are subjective. IMO (in no particular order) Snakebite, Frosty, Royal 2, Snipedown, and Huke are the 5 best players.

Snipedown was one of the top in the league in many obj stats, while also being one of the top KDA's. He did this all surrounded by average at best play by his teammates (not saying Roybox are average players. Just that their play last season was). IMO there are only a couple players I'd rather build a team around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought me saying OpTic might be the best would be obvious sarcasm but Im afraid people think I was serious  :mj:

I dont think anybody is saying that. We are just saying that context ALWAYS matters so quoting an individual player's stats from a game or set of games means nothing without going deeeper

*Insert Inception meme here*

Haha! Like I said, I agree that stats in halo aren't great. But this is more because the stats aren't in the right place than stats aren't useful.

For example, it would be interesting to see which teams have the best flag pull success rate, and then compare that to which teams have the best win rate in flag games. This would show whether it's better to be super aggressive or wait until the 'perfect' time to pull the flag.

Just one example, but these stats aren't easy to compile hence why we don't have the level of in depth stats where they become super useful. (in my opinion, no offence to those who are using stats or compiling them for the community)

Currently the halo level of analysis seeks to be more 'useful' than integral. There will undoubtedly always be a level of objective thought around what makes a player good. (even in sports where stats are integral there are factors that can't be accounted for)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Towey just said he thinks EG is scrimming C9 tonight. Same 4 as last night (RoyBox, Ninja, Vic X). 

Edit: should be starting at ~9:30 CST.

I played this foursome in Arena last night and got a hot 3-0 real quick, but was happy to see them together as I like that as a team. 

I thought me saying OpTic might be the best would be obvious sarcasm but Im afraid people think I was serious  :mj:

No one here understands sarcasm. I said OpTic would go 14-0 in Season 2 and got negged to hell. 

Like wtf people. 

No one here understands sarcasm. I said OpTic would go 14-0 in Season 2 and got negged to hell. 

Like wtf people. 

we get sarcasm, but saying optic could be the best is just so far beyond absurd its impossible not to laugh either way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I take full blame for my quote :-(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like wtf people.

By sheer miracle, since 2-6 teams were basically a matter of match ups, actually caused Optic to be these newly formed squads' Kryptonite. Optic top 2 confirmed!

• Upvote (+1) 2

MRW I haven't even lurked in 3 months and decided to pop in the beyond forums to see what's up:

*snip witty gandalf meme*

i been here since nam 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

By sheer miracle, since 2-6 teams were basically a matter of match ups, actually caused Optic to be these newly formed squads' Kryptonite. Optic top 2 confirmed!

OpTic has always been Top 1.5 so they are just moving into their rightful places of Top 1.1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its interesting, i notice my damage is generally lower than the rest of my teams.  Like solo queuing, if i do the best in the game i tend to have the most damage.  When i play with people all around my skill level and i just happen to have a game where i perform better than everyone statistically, i still dont really ever have the most damage and often have the least.  Idk if the damage stat is broken and doesnt work well with the way i play or what, but i notice so often my damage is way lower but i have no idea why.  It hasnt been as much of an issue lately, but still even games where i have the most kills by 10 and least deaths i have less damage then some people.  Its confusing.

Damage stats are calculated when you die, meaning that games you end with a huge spree will have really inaccurate damage stats. That's why (among many other reasons) sample sizes are important.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haha! Like I said, I agree that stats in halo aren't great. But this is more because the stats aren't in the right place than stats aren't useful.

For example, it would be interesting to see which teams have the best flag pull success rate, and then compare that to which teams have the best win rate in flag games. This would show whether it's better to be super aggressive or wait until the 'perfect' time to pull the flag.

Just one example, but these stats aren't easy to compile hence why we don't have the level of in depth stats where they become super useful. (in my opinion, no offence to those who are using stats or compiling them for the community)

Currently the halo level of analysis seeks to be more 'useful' than integral. There will undoubtedly always be a level of objective thought around what makes a player good. (even in sports where stats are integral there are factors that can't be accounted for)

That would be sweet.  Unfortunately we have to rely on what the API can spit out for now.

Like wtf people. 

haters gonna hate.  Dont let the real but meaningless internet points get you down!

Optic reminds me of the Raiders. The fans are there, the names are there but something doesn't work. They need a Madden or Gruden.

• Upvote (+1) 3

what a time to be alive, after last night comparing ninja to rayne we get to see them play a 13/14 game series tonight.

will i regret everything i said bad about rayne? 

find out at 9:30 central at twitch.tv/roy (ninja has already said he wont be streaming) 

*prepares for mentions and downvotes* 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

will i regret everything i said bad about rayne? 

without knowing the teams i still say yes. they are both incredible players but consistency is key at that level

Optic reminds me of the Raiders. The fans are there, the names are there but something doesn't work. They need a Madden or Gruden.

And nV reminds me of every Charlotte/NC/SC team to exist. 

Top 2 but never gets over the hump. Ex. (UNC this year which had me cry/ Panthers another crying moment/ Hornets/ and Clemson). 

Here's to hoping they win Season 2. Be nice for Buzz City to sting for once. 

Online Halo Logic:

Win online = We are the best, these kids are trash.

Lose online = Online doesnt matter, we werent trying, these kids are warriors, game is laggy, quit the build, im returning my xbox, etc.

:simms:

So true.

My Top 10 players on H5:

1. Frosty

2. Frosty

3. Frosty

4. Frosty

5. Frosty

6. Frosty

7. Frosty

8. Frosty

9. Frosty

10. Frosty

32. Lethul

https://theringer.com/the-wild-west-of-e-sports-1cc050f8100e#.hwgq66rmi

Really interesting piece on the ringer about how despite the fact all the data is already digital, analytics are lacking in eSports (they talk about DOTA2 but the same problems exist for Halo). Although general trends could be found, since like 7 out of 8 Pro League teams are changing, trying to use last seasons stats for any team based advanced stats won't be a great indicator of anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone that has snipedown over lethul is foolish

What do you mean "over"? Like better than? Because comparing the 2 is pretty pointless swing as they play completely differently. They're both top tier in their respective roles that's really all that can be said. Unless you mean something else by over idk.

https://theringer.com/the-wild-west-of-e-sports-1cc050f8100e#.hwgq66rmi

Really interesting piece on the ringer about how despite the fact all the data is already digital, analytics are lacking in eSports (they talk about DOTA2 but the same problems exist for Halo). Although general trends could be found, since like 7 out of 8 Pro League teams are changing, trying to use last seasons stats for any team based advanced stats won't be a great indicator of anything.

Awesome article, thanks for linking. And yeah, the team changes make the sample size annoyingly small.