CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

eL ToWn is super underrated.

Here's some stats from Flag Games in nV's scrims right before Finals (Hint: Look at the "Grabs" Column):

52a965f1d2a92ba2a8e4169bf15e4fae.png

890b7ce3d9725ffaffedb26def9ccaf3.png

b0478af12960b9ac7c0c9b779b123ede.png

c9b4bb25761544de7246435c54556404.png

Are the capture and kill columns switched round?

Those are Kills Holding the Flag, not regular kills.

Ah okay. Then what are the captures?

Here's some stats from Flag Games in nV's scrims right before Finals  (Hint: Look at the "Grabs" Column):

All this tells me is that he is willing to pull the flag a lot, not that it was a good time to pull the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Confirmed. Im sure in my history I have the clip of him saying that as well.

Here it is:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/CuteSquirrelEagleEye

Elaborating further when asked about going off at a LAN:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/CheerfulCarabeefShadyLulu

Yeah, idk either. That's just something I've heard more than once about Contra and Dev from multiple pros. Most recently Ninja said it on stream saying he would team with Contra but that he was worried about the whole rumor of him "not trying online".

Yep, here's the Ninja Quote
  • Upvote (+1) 1

All this tells me is that he is willing to pull the flag a lot, not that it was a good time to pull the flag.

There's definitely context missing, but when one player makes up 52% of your team's flag grabs...it definitely says something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's some stats from Flag Games in nV's scrims right before Finals  (Hint: Look at the "Grabs" Column):

Yeah, I can't argue that El Town isn't underrated. I just also believe Devon has really proven himself and still doesn't get credit for it.

agreed , I thought he evolved to the new game during last season and became quite a beast. I think he was a bit ahead of the other players on his team and in game it sort of left him on an island. I think his money 8 team is a great choice for him.

IMO Snipedown is a top 3 overall player right now. He is great at everything. He provides great leadership and obj skills for a guy that slays as well as him.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand the whole "don't try online thing".  Why on earth would you not try online?  The majority of important games are played online now.  

When I was a child and sucked at something I would either feign injury or claim I wasn't trying, thus deflecting all responsibility away from myself.

When I became a man... I still did it

BTW... I don't even try on these forums its just online, if we had a LAN forum I would PWN!

• Upvote (+1) 3

MLG Fall 2012 (H4 launch event). About as valid as the one Ryanoob+Shooter won (RTX).

As a help for reading my posts in the future: If it's less than 4 paragraphs, I'm probably being sarcastic.

Boomba (Huke's brother) admitted to being E6Fanboy.

Nope *cough cough* Eco + stellur = Liquid. No motive at all

Also, regarding Cratos: He's trash and his 3 current teammates should team with Eco instead and I have no ulterior motive for making this statement.

for real? Fuck I need to catch up on super real quick......

Yup, new SSJ coming soon( August 28 I believe).

yeah i dont understand halo. sure man. never seen me play. never watched me play, played against each other maybe twice.

played with/against some of the best AM's since halo 5 started. played and won money in half pro/ half AM 8s. beat pros not running 4s in arena every time i match them..

20 days played, almost all playing arena, almost 50k kills. all champ/high level arena...

multu twitch almost every stream every night.

watch every event. 

play arena every day for at least 4 hours..

dont insult my knowledge and skill because of my opinion.

Then don't come up asking him to prove to you his "worth", it's completely irrational. If you claim you are so good then go ahead...form a team and play in the AM scene, I'm sure Zane will be looking forward playing against you in the Pro League...oh wait...you won't make it there.

He is not wrong.  :glasses:

On topic : I think I've died inside a little bit when I read that Ninja is a better player than Roy...like...how....

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I don't try online" still has a long way to go before it can be in a tier with "My internet sucks" and "We didn't get any sleep last night".

Massive kudos to all players who come out and just admit they blew goats in a match.

Yeah, I can't argue that El Town isn't underrated. I just also believe Devon has really proven himself and still doesn't get credit for it.

I  <3 me some El Town. I don't how else to describe his gameplay other than "Smooth".

IMO Snipedown is a top 3 overall player right now. He is great at everything. He provides great leadership and obj skills for a guy that slays as well as him.

I do think his OBJ skills aren't lauded as much as they should be. He is getting pretty crafty and aggressive on flag pulls these days. Not to mention, he has really worked on pressuring Strongholds with patience.

I don't know if you can say he is better than at least 2 people on CLG but he is up there with Huke as one of the best non-CLG players.

PS... I think its great we have to say "Non-CLG Players" because they are so damn good.

There's definitely context missing, but when one player makes up 52% of your team's flag grabs...it definitely says something.

True, its just hard to guarantee what that something means.  I would say though at this level of play you are right, more grabs are better overall since they wouldnt make it to this level if they didnt have good decision making skills most of the time.

I would like to see how many of those pulls resulted in caps.  How many were "defensive" and how far each pull got on average.

I would like to see how many of those pulls resulted in caps. How many were "defensive" and how far each pull got on average.

Is it an option to have our ESPN liaison get ahold of the ESPN data analysis team to crunch those numbers? :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

now is the time for Hecz and Ninja to make a business decision:

Ninja: he looks like he won't get on a contending team this season, so he needs to punt and join Optic. In the short term, he probably doubles his streaming numbers which is solid cash. Obviously Optic provides bigger opportunities down the road if need be.

Hecz: Optic halo is struggling. Bringing in Ninja over Str8 Sick brings you a personality that helps build the Optic brand. Currently Maniac and Ace's sunglasses are the only thing contributing to Optic's brand from the Halo side of things. Most importantly, it gives you a player/personality to build around if the Maniac situation doesn't work out for the better.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And there it is boy's the first person to place a non clg member in the top 3. 

Just how? Why? when?

Like the guy has accomplished very little in this game and you are saying he is top 3 above two members of CLG who have dominated the game.

Can you give me your dealer's number please? as I want what you have.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Snip3down would be lucky to be considered in the top 10 players RIGHT NOW. You can argue overall in halo 5 but currently i think theres 10 players better than him.

• Downvote (-1) 15