CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

2v2 finals cast was literally 95% na pov..........fucking biased as hell. Eu players were making good plays and na were still getting the praise when they would lose a fight. please never cast again. that was literally a C R I M E S C E N E

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 22

"Hey guys, next time can you focus a little more on EU players? Way too much focus on NA. Thanks"

T H A T W A S H A R D

shouldn't even have to ask.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

shouldn't even have to ask.

But when you do... dont be such a dickhole about it.  you much more likely to be heard that way and less likely to get blocked by everybody here.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Every rostermania season in recent memory, I've thought to myself 'this thread has peaked, there's no way anything could top this' and then the next rostermania appears and we hit a new high.

• Upvote (+1) 3

royal 2

frosty

snip3down

snakebite

huke

lethul

bubu dubu

stellur

ola

mikwen

contra

ninja

penguin

suspector

el town

shooter

cratos

spartan

i did top 18 cause 35 players were in HCS this season

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My top 10, not sure about the order, but I tried. 

1. Frosty

2. Snakebite

3. Lethul

4. Royal 2

5. Huke

6. Snipedown

7. Bubu

8. Ola

9. Penguin

10. Stellur (or Rayne?)

HM: Contra

If you think Naded or Devon are anywhere near Ninja's level in Halo 5 . . . yikes. They are not on top teams in this game for a reason. 

As everyone else has shown in stats, and as can be seen watching his streams, he plays a key role on all his teams. His damage output is absurd, his communication is good. Sure, he can be inconsistent, but as Penguin himself said when he is on he is easily one of the top players in Halo 5. 

Nah. Naded is good but he's not on a top team b/c he's not as good a Ninja as you put it. It's b/c he tilts super hard. More than most. As for Dev well it's out there that him and Contra dont try online.

something about rostermania makes people double down and respond to every single post about them. first Cooper (RIP), then vinFTW, now w0uld <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the whole "don't try online thing".  Why on earth would you not try online?  The majority of important games are played online now.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

2v2 finals cast was literally 95% na pov..........fucking biased as hell. Eu players were making good plays and na were still getting the praise when they would lose a fight. please never cast again. that was literally a C R I M E S C E N E

We usually tend to stick on board with the team that's winning.  :simms:
All jokes aside, I skimmed through the broadcast and there definitely was more footage of NA over EU, but not 95%. I deliberately talked about the different play styles from each team and gave Jimbo in particular a lot of love for his slaying ability. I was criticizing NA's inability to close out games quickly when they had the lead. EU kept making some nice runs on the scoreboard, but ultimately fell short.

One issue that we have during the broadcast is that the two casters are in two completely different locations on two separate Xbox consoles. It's difficult to keep jumping from player to player without causing some confusion between the casters. Typically, we stay on board with whoever the game gives us at the start. From there, depending on how the game plays out, we'll occasionally switch. It's something that we definitely need to work on, though. Just keep in mind that I can't freely jump from person to person if the play-by-play caster is commentating one player in particular.

Halo tournaments are fueled by storylines and in this case, Danoxide and Bubu Dubu were able to knock El Town and Spartan off their throne. CBK were back to back 2v2 champions so being able to beat them was a huge story, at least in the context of our tournament. So once again, while I agree we could've given EU more attention, I believe overall, it was a great tournament and a great show for the viewers.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

e637fe20c8afe3b1751b9c05fee58b19.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

royal 2
frosty
snip3down
snakebite
huke
lethul
bubu dubu
stellur
ola
mikwen
contra
ninja
penguin
suspector
el town
shooter
cratos
spartan

Good list.. only change I would make is Devon for El Town, but that's just my opinion

I don't understand the whole "don't try online thing".  Why on earth would you not try online?  The majority of important games are played online now.  

Yeah, idk either. That's just something I've heard more than once about Contra and Dev from multiple pros. Most recently Ninja said it on stream saying he would team with Contra but that he was worried about the whole rumor of him "not trying online". 

Dont feel like digging through the trash but what was the final of the EG scrim last night? I fell asleep before I could watch any. :wutface:

Like 5-10 or something in that ballpark.

weird_zpspvtpdwnx.jpg

9/10 of these arguments are really just banter dead as ya'll would be the chillest to kick it with at a live event. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

royal 2
frosty
snip3down
snakebite
huke
lethul
bubu dubu
stellur
ola
mikwen
contra
ninja
penguin
suspector
el town
shooter
cratos
spartan

I feel like Cratos and Shooter are pretty low for being on the #2 team and I would put Penguin over Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good list.. only change I would make is Devon for El Town, but that's just my opinion

eL ToWn is super underrated.

Here's some stats from Flag Games in nV's scrims right before Finals  (Hint: Look at the "Grabs" Column):

52a965f1d2a92ba2a8e4169bf15e4fae.png

890b7ce3d9725ffaffedb26def9ccaf3.png

b0478af12960b9ac7c0c9b779b123ede.png

c9b4bb25761544de7246435c54556404.png

• Upvote (+1) 3