CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Goddamnit I ran out of up rep about 10 pages back. 

We really need something to happen. Like a Pro team vs All star H5 classic settings Bo5. 

Or finalized rosters. 

Or more rostermania. 

We are going insane. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Royal 2

Snakebite

Frosty

Lethul

Huke

Bubu

Spartan

Contra

Snipedown

Devon

Mikwen

Pistola

Roy

Shooter

Cratos

Penguin

Naded

Rayne

These are just some names off the top of my head. You could argue that he's better than some but would you really need to "seek help" if you thought these players were better?

If you think Naded or Devon are anywhere near Ninja's level in Halo 5 . . . yikes. They are not on top teams in this game for a reason. 

As everyone else has shown in stats, and as can be seen watching his streams, he plays a key role on all his teams. His damage output is absurd, his communication is good. Sure, he can be inconsistent, but as Penguin himself said when he is on he is easily one of the top players in Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

If I ever get hyper defensive over the purposeless ranking of a kid who plays Halo, please do the respectful thing and put me out of my misery.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, hes adjusted pretty damn well IMO.

agreed , I thought he evolved to the new game during last season and became quite a beast. I think he was a bit ahead of the other players on his team and in game it sort of left him on an island. I think his money 8 team is a great choice for him.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Log on and see 20 pages since about 9pm last night. I'll just assume it was all some out of hand argument and won't read it all.

You're a stronger man than some of us

• Upvote (+1) 4

Snipedown way of playing isn't that good anymore, since having good sniper and good pistol isn't that impactful

You're high

And my final thoughts on the Ninja argument. Sure he's a top 16 player and all his teams have been very successful but people trying to put him on these god squad rosters thinking he is the best option are just delusional. Him and Naded are very similar. They can have great series and games but rarely can they keep it up and translate it to a tournament win.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I tend to post a lot of differing opinions than the herd on here, and still often manage to get +rep on it. Presentation of your thoughts and ability to defend your points is usually rather important for how it gets received.

His posts often make me want to just post this clip from Billy Madison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Awesome clip. Not everyone has the aptitude to make their opinions concise or are able to convey what they want to the forum like yourself which is ok.

It's the personal attacks I'm aiming at.

If you think Naded or Devon are anywhere near Ninja's level in Halo 5 . . . yikes. They are not on top teams in this game for a reason. 

As everyone else has shown in stats, and as can be seen watching his streams, he plays a key role on all his teams. His damage output is absurd, his communication is good. Sure, he can be inconsistent, but as Penguin himself said when he is on he is easily one of the top players in Halo 5. 

If Allegiance had their roster of Heinz instead of Goofy from the start they easily could have been in finals instead of C9. Devon has outplaced Ninja at every H5 LAN besides xgames which he wasn't at and pro league finals which he also wasn't at. Not to mention he was on the only team to really give CLG a fight on LAN during the HWC. 

If you think Ninja is on another level than Devon you're clueless 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Naded was on the best team online before hurricane Lethul and placed second at worlds with a team he built completely from the ground up out of players that were incredibly undervalued. He then proceeded to pretty much carry Optic to the Pro League. Now he's playing with the same players as Ninja and you could argue he even has better options than Ninja atm with Liquid and better outcomes with RoyBox.

Devon was on one of the best teams during regionals/worlds which arguably gave CLG their best challenge thus far. He's been undeniably one of the best players in H5 even if this last season didn't go his and Contra's way.  

I'm not even saying that these two players are better than Ninja but to say they aren't anywhere near his level is completely laughable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In their defense they got a likely paid trip to Orlando to watch their friends win MLG Orlando. Halo careers are short so live it up.

I swear 90% of the people in this thread take halo so seriously. I mean so do I and I love all you guys for it. But I mean.. COME ON. Fully paid trip to Orlando, with your friends and you guys are telling me you would say "nah I should probably stay home and figure out our roster". I guarantee that is the quickest way to depression.

• Upvote (+1) 3

my bad, i forgot how good roy is when he's losing to RNG at worlds and sitting on his couch during pro league finals

don't @ me with stupid shit again please

the same thing as that very smart young gentleman who said "well i guess you think ninja is better than snip3down"

c'mon man

I've seen your posts in the election thread so I know you're not the brightest guy on the forums, but why am I breaking down your own posts for you? 

You are saying Ninja is better than Roy, which is your opinion and that's fine.  Then you say "my bad, i forgot how good roy is when he's losing to RNG at worlds and sitting on his couch during pro league finals", as if EG losing in game 5 in pool play and not qualifying for finals via online matches is actually a logical argument for Ninja automatically being a better player than Roy.  

In case you forgot, Snipedown was on Roy's team for that entire period of time, so by your following your logic, Ninja is better than Snipedown since Snipedown lost to RNG at Worlds and was sitting on his couch during pro league finals.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

In case you forgot, Snipedown was on Roy's team for that entire period of time, so by your following your logic, Ninja is better than Snipedown since Snipedown lost to RNG at Worlds and was sitting on his couch during pro league finals.  

you should like read the thread man, i've addressed this

• Downvote (-1) 2

My list is not players that I personally think are better or as good as ninja. It's in response to a post that said you need help if you wouldn't put him in the top 16. I listed some players that I thought could reasonably be argued to be in the top 16. Some of them I haven't watched myself and am just going off of what pro players say

I swear 90% of the people in this thread take halo so seriously. I mean so do I and I love all you guys for it. But I mean.. COME ON. Fully paid trip to Orlando, with your friends and you guys are telling me you would say "nah I should probably stay home and figure out our roster". I guarantee that is the quickest way to depression.

Maniac is literally nothing without Optic at this point in his life - for better or worse. His vlog's have made me a big fan but lets be honest. He's gone from living at home / working part time at a grocery store to this... 

His position with Optic is precarious.... you'd think he'd be thinking about how to better his position long term. He looks more than content to enjoy the ride until it ends.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Question: will we get a fresh thread for fall season soon?

Yes, waiting on concrete details instead of the usual "intel / coming soon™" stuff that is thrown around.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Snipedown way of playing isn't that good anymore, since having good sniper and good pistol isn't that impactful

I think it's SUPER impactful... but it's also SUPER important to have great map movement. I think that was something Snipedown struggled with in early H5 days but has now majorly improved. As a result, he's returned to being one of the most valuable players. 

I would agree that he's not quite the one-man show that he was in the past, but that's probably because pistol/br is more important relative to Sniper in this game, due to movement mechanics, good shot registration, etc.

Yes, waiting on concrete details instead of the usual "intel / coming soon™" stuff that is thrown around.

Would you mind putting that big list of pro's youtube channels in a spoiler in the OP? It's an excellent list, wouldn't want to see it get lost in the sea of posts. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ah... you mistook what I was saying. Snip3down is really well adjusted to H5. I watch loads of his streams.

I was saying the sniper used to behave differently and you could lock down the map with it. Now its more of a weapon of opportunity and you can't just rely on a sniper setting up and picking people off unless you have a full setup on certain maps, even then Rotations > Setup

ahh.  Yeah.  agree 100%

Goddamnit I ran out of up rep about 10 pages back. 

We really need something to happen. Like a Pro team vs All star H5 classic settings Bo5. 

Or finalized rosters. 

Or more rostermania. 

We are going insane.

Gotta get that gold tag bro!

Can we just agree that being a great player =/= being a great teammate?  And often the latter is more important?  There are certain players who are very individually skilled that have had some streaks of success, yet always seem to be "getting fucked" with rostermania and can't retain any semblance of roster stability.  There is a reason for that....