CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anybody feel like we should have some sort of memorial for Cooper?  I don't want him back honestly, but this place does feel a bit different.. a bit.. not normal.  Like the gravity from the black hole that was his heart was keeping this place together in some small way, and now that force is gone....

Yeah, just the other day I was thinking about how upset I am that I'll no longer wake up to 10+ pages of his chain-posted word vomit  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ninja's situation now reminds me of where he was when he joined Noble in H2A.

There's a lot of good ingredients in the kitchen, but they don't really go together into a meal.

If you don't think ninja is a top 16 player in the HCS you need to seek help

Royal 2

Snakebite

Frosty

Lethul

Huke

Bubu

Spartan

Contra

Snipedown

Devon

Mikwen

Pistola

Roy

Shooter

Cratos

Penguin

Naded

Rayne

These are just some names off the top of my head. You could argue that he's better than some but would you really need to "seek help" if you thought these players were better?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

if you think roy/shooter/penguin is better than ninja you need to seek help

ninja had the second best OBJ stats for CTF and had the fourth best OBJ stats for SH

and in pure ninja fashion, #5 in kills, #2 in assists but #1 in deaths

(the deaths prolly had to do with him being an OBJ god for renegades) 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

if you think roy/shooter/penguin is better than ninja you need to seek help

ninja had the second best OBJ stats for CTF and had the fourth best OBJ stats for SH

and in pure ninja fashion, #5 in kills, #2 in assists but #1 in deaths

(the deaths prolly had to do with him being an OBJ god for renegades) 

stats do tell a story in this game... but the raw stats we see now tell an incomplete picture.

This isn't baseball, where you can isolate specific batting/pitching stats and draw fairly well informed conclusions on ability.

This is a lot more similar to the basketball, where team mates can drastically effect performance and drawing conclusions is a lot let less clear.

stats do tell a story in this game... but the raw stats we see now tell an incomplete picture.

This isn't baseball, where you can isolate specific batting/pitching stats and draw fairly well informed conclusions on ability.

This is a lot more similar to the basketball, where team mates can drastically effect performance and drawing conclusions is a lot let less clear.

Other thing to note (and I'm on a train so sorry if this comes off jumbled) is we rely on average stats - k/D, dmg/d etc.

Whilst if you average these out you'll get a feel for how consistent someone is, it's worth noting (as Frank said) that outliers also affect averages. You could in theory be really inconsistent and go 0/10 and 20/10 and have the same kd as someone who went 10/10 in the same 2 games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm... I think ninja is a really great player. I don't think it's a stretch to say he's top 16. His aggression is as much a part of why his teams win as it is when they lose. So i'd hate to see him become all around more reserved, he just needs to be more situational.

There are times when the reward for reaching for a kill isn't worth the likelihood of failing. There are other times where the penalty of a potential death is worth dealing the extra damage. I just which he'd find that balance more consistently

When he's on, he's one of the best players to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jesus what is going on in this thread lately. Pros getting mad at posters, posters getting mad at pros, posters getting mad at posters and even pros going off on other pros.  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

great point! They used to do this back in day with A-rod and the Yankees. He used to hit a lot of homers in the 7th/8th/9th inning in games were the Yankees were ahead by quite a bit.

if you can't give the guy credit for being the 4th best OBJ player in the league then idk man

only 3 people in the HCS capped more flags, secured more strongholds, returned more flags, etc than ninja

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you can't give the guy credit for being the 4th best OBJ player in the league then idk man

only 3 people in the HCS capped more flags, secured more strongholds, returned more flags, etc than ninja

What would be super interesting (and not saying this aimed at you, more generally) is to not see the absolute numbers. For example, CLG may only get 1 return in a flag game, because their flag is only pulled once - outside of that the other team is so busy defending they can't get another pull.

If ninja (or anyone) is getting big OBJ numbers out of a small total pool for his team, it suggests that's their role.

Another example - does lots of stronghold caps, but few defences, show that the team isn't setting up properly? In an ideal world you would cap as few times as possible (as capping takes longer than resetting)

Again, no offence, fantasyhcs is awesome. Its just important to be careful with absolute numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

yup, you're correct. I can't give him credit for being the 4th best OBJ player based off the statistics we have available.

It is easy to use those same stats, however, to pretty comfortably say he's a top 10 obj player in the game.

Not if it was posted but Maniac gets a great insight into Orlando and how the event went, just seeing this shit makes me want major LAN's so fucking bad, even on the other side of the country.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yup, you're correct. I can't give him credit for being the 4th best OBJ player based off the statistics we have available.

It is easy to use those same stats, however, to pretty comfortably say he's a top 10 obj player in the game.

if obj is 2/3 of all gametypes and ninja is top 10 in OBJ doesn't that by default make him a top 16 player

I love Ninja as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure I just read if you think Roy is better than Ninja you need to seek help. I cry.......................................................

my bad, i forgot how good roy is when he's losing to RNG at worlds and sitting on his couch during pro league finals

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Jesus what is going on in this thread lately. Pros getting mad at posters, posters getting mad at pros, posters getting mad at posters and even pros going off on other pros.  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

if obj is 2/3 of all gametypes and ninja is top 10 in OBJ doesn't that by default make him a top 16 player

Does that mean Totz was a top 16 player in MLG?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anybody know the score of the late night C9 scrim?

Also, anyone have any hot takes on Ninja as a player? :kappa:

Anybody know the score of the late night C9 scrim?

Also, anyone have any hot takes on Ninja as a player? :kappa:

4 or 5-0 to c9

• Upvote (+1) 1

What pro went off on another pro? I've been out of the loop a bit last few days lol

Does that mean Totz was a top 16 player in MLG?

i wasn't around during h3 so idk

i'm talking about ninja in 2016

indisputably a great slayer

indisputably a great OBJ player

but yeah he's not top 16  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1