CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Like i literally just wrote, KD isn't the be all and end all, but when everyone on the team has high KD except 1 (which has happened often if not always with e6) it's usually an indicator that someone is playing at a lower level. 1 player can be carried by 3 great players, we've seen that before in Halo. 

And there it is, I give up. you have no clue what you are talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Cratos is obviously good enough to be competing at a high level within H5 otherwise you wouldn't see different rosters including Cratos continuing to be towards the top. Cratos does however get negative attention because of his mentality/comments and also because he does seem to always be on stream whenever he happens to make a silly play. 

I think the hate is unwarranted but I  am not sure that I would put him in the top 6 players outside of CLG when considering individual players. Just my opinion on the subject though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And there it is, I give up. you have no clue what you are talking about.

Cool story bro, i'm sure you got that full red bar by knowing what you are talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 47

Cool story bro, i'm sure you got that full red bar by knowing what you are talking about.

You must be new here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 64

Like i literally just wrote, KD isn't the be all and end all, but when everyone on the team has high KD except 1 (which has happened often if not always with e6) it's usually an indicator that someone is playing at a lower level. 1 player can be carried by 3 great players, we've seen that before in Halo. 

"KD doesn't mean everything"

Proceeds to tell me he is bad because he has the worst KD...

Please explain Lethul to me. 

People love to hate on Cratos. I'm indifferent and don't have any feelings one way or the other. You can't deny the guy has talent. Top placings on ALG and E6 and this new E6 squad looks to be better than the previous one. You can not like someone as a person outside of Halo but again you can't deny the guy is talented in game. @@MultiKill sounds like the guy ~1-2 weeks ago that was trashing Cratos so bad he got banned on the forums. 

Mehhh, Cratos has been the worst player on teams that have done well, that's all I read there. Anyone will get to a high level of their field when they give up everything including friends and family for it. Nothing will change the fact that Cratos isn't a top 10 player and that's my point. The fact he comes on here trying to make us all look stupid, makes himself look stupid, creates alt account with same try-hard spelling mistakes and people act like he's this anti-hero is what's truly laughable. He's an idiot who happens to play the game we love professionally.

You are quite clearly letting your personal dislike for the guy get in the way of actually looking at the facts. There is no way E6 and ALG would have been placing so high if Cratos was as much of a "weak link" as you seem to think.

This is obviously true in some cases, such as matchmaking but at the highest level, if you have one player "playing at a lower level" than the rest, you will get punished severely and quite simply will always lose.

Now i'm no Cratos fan either but you cant let that blind you

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good thing no roster changes are happening and pros are just playing money 8s because all the wallpapers I made would be out of date except CLG.

And optic  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Observations from last nights "We aren't teaming" NV vs "They shouldn't team" ALG:

- It stood out how much fun NV was having. Especially Ola and snipedown. Good to see.

- I think Snipedown takes the leader role with this team. It seems to come natural to him and I could see the others deferring to him.

- Was Ryanoob playing or was he letting a friend play?...

- Ninjas tilting really holds him back. If he can get past that he really could become a power player.

- Huke is ridiculously good.

- I think Ola is going to have a great impact on this team that doesn't show up in his stats. He always seems to be upbeat even when he isn't doing well. That's contagious.

- Mikwen is underappreciated.

- Once this team gets strats and communication down they are going to be scary. They have a LONG way to go to catch CLG though.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Smee right now

EAaMVE6.png

Sidebar: Is there anywhere to watch the "Money 8s" MikwenOlaSnipeHuke rebroadcast without being a Snipedown Sub?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unless the entire team has the exact same K/D, there will always be a 4th worst K/D. If someone captures all 3 flags in a CTF while their team slays, is that guy the worst on the team? DAE objective?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic sorry but are the players in this thread complaining about being matched against higher players and supposed teams of four, the same people who agree with champs purposely getting bronze etc to stomp noobs for stream/YouTube challenges and say things like "trial by fire" to people who disagree with it?

social matchmaking should be a thing

Snip

I don't think there is a stadium in America that has a left field deep enough for this comment.

Edit: Unless I completely skipped some pages. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL 

• Upvote (+1) 3

While I do not believe that Cratos is a top 10 player I think he is an essential part of whatever team he is on. He seems to make everyone around him more comfortable in game and he frees up the map with how much damage and how aggressive he is. He's doing something right if hes been one of the highest placing players in h5 regardless of what team he has been on. Cratos' dirty work made it easier for Ayden and Naded to shine and the same with the slayers on e6.

A player is not automatically top 10 however just because they place well. i.e. Sk on tD (sorry pal)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think there is a stadium in America that has a left field deep enough for this comment.

Edit: Unless I completely skipped some pages.

They're in here. I read a lot of them in my week long catch-up. Sorry I'll delete it and find a more appropriate place for it.

Observations from last nights "We aren't teaming" NV vs "They shouldn't team" ALG:

- It stood out how much fun NV was having. Especially Ola and snipedown. Good to see.

- I think Snipedown takes the leader role with this team. It seems to come natural to him and I could see the others deferring to him.

- Was Ryanoob playing or was he letting a friend play?...

- Ninjas tilting really holds him back. If he can get past that he really could become a power player.

- Huke is ridiculously good.

- I think Ola is going to have a great impact on this team that doesn't show up in his stats. He always seems to be upbeat even when he isn't doing well. That's contagious.

- Mikwen is underappreciated.

- Once this team gets strats and communication down they are going to be scary. They have a LONG way to go to catch CLG though.

Yeah, biggest things I noticed as well were Ninja tilting and Ryanoob living up to his name.