CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And Cratos is a good AM player unless he's surrounded by 3 quality pro players.

And why do you think quality pro players have chosen to surround Cratos with their talent for the past 10 months? For shits and giggles? Because they love being associated with the most controversial player in the game and all of the negative backlash he generates?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And why do you think quality pro players have chosen to surround Cratos with their talent for the past 10 months? For shits and giggles? Because they love being associated with the most controversial player in the game and all of the negative backlash he generates?

Because he's a grinder and is willing to give up his whole life including family and friends (his words) to dedicate himself to Halo. He clearly has some leadership qualities but he's certainly not top 10, if you're suggesting otherwise that's completely laughable.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Then why don't they team with someone who's top 10?

All I know is, at both Worlds and League Finals, I saw Cratos making series-saving plays against teams favored against his. He's absolutely not being carried by these players. Is he the worst player on the team? Possibly, but it's always a damn good team and he more than carries his weight.

Because top 10 players are limited and usually on teams. Every single player in H5 would team with a Snip3down before Cratos, but it's a mathematical impossibility. My point is, Cratos being top 10 is laughable, and it sounds like you don't even disagree. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

I guess I should clarify. Having players who stick to playing a specific role is overrated. Everyone on the team needs to be versatile

I was just letting you know you were using the incorrect spelling in your post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't matter who ninja teams with he isn't winning a tournament. The top 3 teams will be CLG, NV, and E6. Everyone else is playing not to get relegated. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Because top 10 players are limited and usually on teams. Every single player in H5 would team with a Snip3down before Cratos, but it's a mathematical impossibility. My point is, Cratos being top 10 is laughable, and it sounds like you don't even disagree. 

Let's see your off-CLG top 10 then.

Finally got through the nV scrims from last night and I'll say this - Snip3down was looking super pumped and happy to play again, and because of it he was making some crazy plays. Him and Ola work so well together, and there are definitely some signs of a good Hukedown combo as well.

Phew this thread in roster mania moves faster than any spare time I get! Fook me I thought I'd never catch up but by dedicated and professional lurking I finally managed it by reading one-handed in the shower, totally neglecting my work duties and reading whilst falling asleep.

I am in no way qualified to suggest which players should team with which others so I'll just wait for the dust to settle but I am enjoying seeing all the different teams being tried out.

A little bit of me wishes some of the teams had just stayed together to see if they improved next year. Teams like allegiance and liquid who I think we're improving towards the end of pro league and I'd grown to like them (I know the talk about alg not getting on but the times I watched ryannoob's stream they all seemed to be having a laugh and dissing each other's mom's - it was funny) E6 and nv I think should have also stayed together but I understand why nv went for snipedown and huke.

I get that people will say teams had to change to try to topple clg but a lot of these moves just seem like change for the sake of changing ???

Any way, back to normal life duties and looking forward to the 10 pages of catching up I'll have by tomorrow :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Did Cratos tbag you in Arena or something?

No but he's came on this forum basically calling us all idiots several times, while looking like one himself. I guess i'm just not gullible or don't have a short memory.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Then why don't they team with someone who's top 10?

All I know is, at both Worlds and League Finals, I saw Cratos making series-saving plays against teams favored against his. He's absolutely not being carried by these players. Is he the worst player on the team? Possibly, but it's always a damn good team and he more than carries his weight.

I feel he mostly tops the board for assists during e6 games (haven't sourced any evidence to back this claim up)

Cratos has the best H5 resume outside of CLG. Saying its laughable that he is possibly a top 10 player, is laughable. 

He consistently has the worst stats on his team so that's 3 better players than him, CLG are all streets ahead of him so that's 7. Are we really suggesting he's better than Snipedown, Commonly or even Ola and Mikwen and several others these days? yeah, it's laughable.

• Downvote (-1) 2

And that makes him bad at halo? 

No.....that's not what I said. I wish i had chads stats at hand, he's consistently under 0.90 kd and the worst on his team, and while that's not the be all and end all, it's usually a good indicator of individual skill.

• Downvote (-1) 5

You cannot diminish what cratos has accomplished in this game.

• was on the allegiance roster that dominated the online qualifiers
  • placed 3rd at xgames
  • placed third at the regional qualifier
  • placed 2nd at halo worlds

Then after the ALG roster disbanded he formed his own team in E6. Despite early signs that cratos had come off the worst with a disappointing 4th place finish at Pax.

That team then goes onto:

• Dominate their pool at burbank
  • Be known as one of the strongest strongholds team
  • Is the only team since xgames to beat CLG
  • and finished second at the hcs pro league season 1 finals.

It is notable that other slayers seem to play better when teaming with him, both Huke and Suspector improved whilst teaming with cratos.

That is an impressive CV. Just look at some of the names you have in the top ten players for halo 5 and compare their achievements to his to date. I doubt you will find a single player not on clg with a better resume currently.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 22

Mehhh, Cratos has been the worst player on teams that have done well, that's all I read there. Anyone will get to a high level of their field when they give up everything including friends and family for it. Nothing will change the fact that Cratos isn't a top 10 player and that's my point. The fact he comes on here trying to make us all look stupid, makes himself look stupid, creates alt account with same try-hard spelling mistakes and people act like he's this anti-hero is what's truly laughable. He's an idiot who happens to play the game we love professionally.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 29

He consistently has the worst stats on his team so that's 3 better players than him, CLG are all streets ahead of him so that's 7. Are we really suggesting he's better than Snipedown, Commonly or even Ola and Mikwen and several others these days? yeah, it's laughable.

Those guys all probably have better individual stats than Lethul too but he is in everyone's top 10. 

No.....that's not what I said. I wish i had chads stats at hand, he's consistently under 0.90 kd and the worst on his team, and while that's not the be all and end all, it's usually a good indicator of individual skill.

I think that is usually a good indicator of his k/d. I guess I don't put as much weight on someones k/d when ranking them as you do. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mehhh, Cratos has been the worst player on teams that have done well, that's all I read there. Anyone will get to a high level of their field when they give up everything including friends and family for it. Nothing will change the fact that Cratos isn't a top 10 player and that's my point. The fact he comes on here trying to make us all look stupid, makes himself look stupid, creates alt account with same try-hard spelling mistakes and people act like he's this anti-hero is what's truly laughable. He's an idiot who happens to play the game we love professionally.

your argument is completely subjective and is not supported by any facts what so ever.

When you are ready to present facts I will gladly have a more in depth discussion with you. At the minute this discussion is just utterly pointless. As your entire argument is based on an opinion rather than any empirical evidence.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Those guys all probably have better individual stats than Lethul too but he is in everyone's top 10. 

I think that is usually a good indicator of his k/d. I guess I don't put as much weight on someones k/d when ranking them as you do. 

Like i literally just wrote, KD isn't the be all and end all, but when everyone on the team has high KD except 1 (which has happened often if not always with e6) it's usually an indicator that someone is playing at a lower level. 1 player can be carried by 3 great players, we've seen that before in Halo. 

• Downvote (-1) 15

You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself.

That doesn't even make sense but thanks for playing.

• Downvote (-1) 18

your argument is completely subjective and is not supported by any facts what so ever.

When you are ready to present facts I will gladly have a more in depth discussion with you. At the minute this discussion is just utterly pointless. As your entire argument is based on an opinion rather than any empirical evidence.

I haven't asked you to reply.....

• Downvote (-1) 17